3. There is a site on the internet that if you want to find music and don’t know the name of the song or music, you can sing it or hum it and it will find it for you. It is called Midomi.com
4. In the late 1800s it is reported that Old Faithful in Yellow Stone National Park served as a laundromat of sorts for explorers and infantryman. They reportedly placed soiled garments in a quiet geyser that were then ejected clean and warm. They left out woolens, which apparently didn’t handle the rough washing well.
5. Sisters of the Valley are an order of Non – Denominational Nuns. Voted to the healing power of many plants one of them being Marijuana.
Based in California’s Central Valley, The Sisters of the Valley are not affiliated with any traditional earthly religion. The Sisters’ spiritual practices support the process of making medicine. We respect the breadth and depth of the gifts of Mother Earth, working to bridge the gap between Her and her suffering people.
“We, The Sisters prepare all medicines during moon cycles, according to ancient wisdom. We are activists who are on a mission to heal the world”.
Rather interesting video. Should watch it.
1. 95% of Supercentenarians – that is those who live longer than 110 are women. Stem cells appear to regenerate faster in women.
A thorough search for longevity gene variants in 17 supercentenarians – average age 112 (the oldest was 116) – has drawn a blank. The Stanford University in California have done many studies but have not been able to come to any conclusion on why some people live longer than others.
2. That being in greenery soothes your brain. Being in greenery decreased anxiety, depression, anger and fatigue for adults. One study shows that kids with ADHD spent time in the natural outdoor environment had a reduction in their symptoms.
Another study shows that when you inhale forest air, you breathe in phytoncides, plant chemicals that have antibacterial and ant fungal qualities and increase the immune system’s disease-fighting natural killer cells.
3. American Football grew out of English sports such as rugby and soccer and became popular on American college campuses in the late 1800s.
It takes about 600 cows to make one full season’s worth of NFL footballs.
A cow has only a 1 in 17,420,000 chance of becoming an NFL football that is used in the Super Bowl.
4. Alabama was the first state in the United States to officially recognize Christmas in 1836.
Christmas wasn’t declared an official holiday in the United States until June 26, 1870 and Mistletoe (Viscum album) is from the Anglo-Saxon word misteltan, which means “little dung twig” because the plant spreads though bird droppings
5.A wolf pup’s eyes are blue at birth. Their eyes turn yellow by the time they are eight months old and Under certain conditions, wolves can hear as far as six miles away in the forest and ten miles on the open tundra.
You are All the colors of the Rainbow
Author:- Me his Mom
The yellow of the rainbow is the light of the sun
He was born with strength, a smile, his life just begun
The red of the rainbow is that of fire
He was born with determination and courage I admire
The blue of the rainbow is that so true
He was born loyal, impressive to those who knew
The green of the rainbow is natures beauty
He was born with the love of water, to enjoy is his duty
The many other colors of the rainbow to me is love
This kid is an honor, now a man of 43, who I respect, a gift from above
Happy birthday Jamin, you are special because I say-so
You make me proud because to me you are all the colors of the rainbow
Hawaii is the only U.S. State never to report a temperature of Zero degrees F or below
The average person spends two weeks of its life waiting for a traffic light to change.
Colors like red, yellow and orange make you hungry (I guess that’s why Mc Donald’s fast food chain are those colors)
Baboons were once trained by Egyptians to wait on tables. The Egyptians recognized the intelligence of “sacred” baboons and reportedly trained them to wait on tables, pluck weeds from garden plots, and assume positions of prayer when in a temple.
To take lumps out of a bag of sugar, place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours
Americans spend more than $630 million a year on golf balls
Every human spent about a half an hour as a single cell
Knots come out easier if you sprinkle talcum powder on them
For the first Wimbledon tournament in 1902 balls were hand stitched – which meant no two balls ever bounced the same way. Yellow tennis balls were used at Wimbledon for the first time in 1986, to make visibility easier for players, spectators and the television audience. – Source
In 1847 Yerba Buena, California is renamed San Francisco – Source
In France it is legal to marry a dead person. The law on posthumous marriage was introduced after the Malpasset dam
disaster. President de Gaulle promised a young woman
called Irène Jodard that he would think of her, after hearing about
her fiance’s drowning and her wish to carry on with her marriage plans – Source
Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave – Source
The longest river in the world is the Nile in africa, measuring 4,180 miles in length – Source