1. The Hawaiian Alphabet has only 13 letters. It includes five vowels and eight consonants
2. Smart Bandages – Researchers at Tufts University USA have come up with a brilliant innovative tech. Although only in the clinical trial period, if successful it could put an end to infections and amputations in people who have chronic skin wounds.
This bandage which looks like a clear sticking plaster houses both heat and PH detecting sensors together with a dose of thermally activated medicine. Infected wounds and burns generate higher temperatures and Ph levels that healthy skin, so as soon as the sensors notice anything out of the norm they send a drug releasing microbes straight to the area.
It appears there are many Universities looking into this so I guess it is something that we can look forward to in the future.
3. Sex and Fruit – According to Dr Yen Ying Lim, of the Cognitive aging laboratory at the Florey institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health in Victoria, Australia, having sex on a regular basis and heaps of fruit especially berries and cherries help your memory work at its best. Things that break down the protection of our brain are inactivity, being Obese, high cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. Clench your fist – While we are on the subject of Memory researchers of the Montclair State University in the USA have discovered that making a fist seems to help memory and recall.
Clench your right fist when you want to remember something and clench your left fist later to help recollect the memory.
5. An Orange a Day Keeps macular degeneration away – Researchers from Westmead institute discovered that by eating one orange a day the flavonoids they contain helps to prevent macular degeneration. Try changing from an apple a day to the orange a day and you may have happy eyes
This is very interesting as it appears like the healing is very rapid and no scars.
I have been getting articles from this great website called Draxe.com . You can actually sign up for free and get his articles, its worth it as he has some great information.
The article I am presenting you today is especially interesting to us girls although these days I am sure the boys would be interested as well.
Its all about fish collagen. Heard of it? I have heard of just plain collagen powder but not this. ‘Fish collagen is absorbed up to 1.5 times more efficiently into the body and has superior bioavailability over bovine or porcine collagens’.
Fish collagen can be absorbed at a higher level through the intestinal barrier into the bloodstream and carried throughout the body. This leads to collagen synthesis in the joint tissues, bones, skin dermis and many other essential body systems. Sounds like good stuff to me.
The health benefits of this collagen is
1. Anti aging
2. Helps regenerate and heal bones
3. Heals wounds
4. Increases your protein intake
5. Has antibacterial qualities
This collagen was first found about 1985 by a pharmacist extracting it from the skin of fish. Sometimes it can be called marine collagen but marine collagen could be extracted from shellfish and jellyfish which is not recommended so keep that in mind.
This protien comes from the scales, skin, bones and fins of fresh or saltwater fish and parts we do not normally eat like the eyes and the rest of the head. You can also get this protein through making a fish stock by boiling the whole of the fish (gutted). Fish collagen is high in essential and non-essential amino acids.
Anyway it all sounds good. I think I may make a face mask out of it see if it plumps up the wrinkles.
Will let you know.
Apparently it does not smell like fish so you don’t have to worry about the fishy smell on your face or food. Hydrolyzed fish collagen is the best as it is broken into small molecules and easily absorbed.
For me I think its worth giving a try.
If you want to read more about this go to Dr Axes website, sign up and get his news letters.
I have found a site on Amazon that sells this collagen – Fish Collagen – Amazon