- It is still a hanging offense in Texas to steal cattle or to put graffiti on someone else’s cow. It is also illegal to indecently expose or swear in front of a corpse in Texas. In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose on the beach.
Source Fact Retriever
2. Genetic research shows that the Shar-Pei is the one of the most ancient breeds that exists and is one of the very first breeds to split from dogs’ wolf ancestors. Its closest relatives are the Shiba Inu, Akita, and Chow Chow.
3. Just inhaling coffee may reverse the effects that stress and sleep deprivation have on your body.
Drink coffee to send a wake-up call to the brain? Or just smell its rich, warm aroma? An international group of scientists is reporting some of the first evidence that simply inhaling coffee aroma alters the activity of genes in the brain according to Sciencedaily.com
4. Cholesterol is important for an embryo’s healthy development. Nearly 1 in 9,000 babies is born with a birth defect linked to the fetus’ failure to make the cholesterol it needs
5. If a man can’t decide what to wear on a date, he might want to wear blue. Studies show that women are attracted to men in blue.
6. Drinking water first thing in the morning helps fuel your brain. Drinking water first thing in the morning can help you fight sicknesses. Drinking water first thing in the morning jump-starts your metabolism.
People everywhere are discovering the life-changing power of Kangen Water®
Make your own healthy, alkaline, antioxidant drinking water that’s rich in minerals and purged of impurities, right in your own home!
Change Your Water – Change Your Life
Enagic® International Distributor
(281) 918-9687 or go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com
1. 95% of Supercentenarians – that is those who live longer than 110 are women. Stem cells appear to regenerate faster in women.
A thorough search for longevity gene variants in 17 supercentenarians – average age 112 (the oldest was 116) – has drawn a blank. The Stanford University in California have done many studies but have not been able to come to any conclusion on why some people live longer than others.
2. That being in greenery soothes your brain. Being in greenery decreased anxiety, depression, anger and fatigue for adults. One study shows that kids with ADHD spent time in the natural outdoor environment had a reduction in their symptoms.
Another study shows that when you inhale forest air, you breathe in phytoncides, plant chemicals that have antibacterial and ant fungal qualities and increase the immune system’s disease-fighting natural killer cells.
3. American Football grew out of English sports such as rugby and soccer and became popular on American college campuses in the late 1800s.
It takes about 600 cows to make one full season’s worth of NFL footballs.
A cow has only a 1 in 17,420,000 chance of becoming an NFL football that is used in the Super Bowl.
4. Alabama was the first state in the United States to officially recognize Christmas in 1836.
Christmas wasn’t declared an official holiday in the United States until June 26, 1870 and Mistletoe (Viscum album) is from the Anglo-Saxon word misteltan, which means “little dung twig” because the plant spreads though bird droppings
5.A wolf pup’s eyes are blue at birth. Their eyes turn yellow by the time they are eight months old and Under certain conditions, wolves can hear as far as six miles away in the forest and ten miles on the open tundra.