I love these things. They are fantastic for a party dish or just Wine O’clock nibbles.
Tag Archives: WINE
- About Wine
2. About Mayochup
3. Once Crows leave the nest they come back to visit the Parents. And they help out around the nest by taking care of young!
Babies don’t smile because they’re happy, they smile because they know it makes their Mum and Dad Happy. They have even know to act certain ways to see if they smile.
5. Gorillas hum when they eat the food they love. Also lets the others know that they are busy eating. I guess that is a time not to interrupt.
6. Istanbul has vending machines that if you insert a plastic container it will give out water and food for stray animals. The machine feeds about 150,000 animals in the area.
Red wine may actually protect the integrity of your teeth.
Compounds in red wine is effective at eradicating bacteria that like to linger on teeth and gums.
When the polyphenols present in red wine were combined with an oral probiotic that encourages the growth of “good” bacteria, Streptococcus dentisani, polyphenols performed even better at halting the bad oral bacteria. It’s unclear why, but it may be that the polyphenols produce molecules that keep the bacteria from hanging around.
It could lead to polyphenol-infused products like chewing gum, mouthwash and toothpaste for extra protection against bacteria.
Red wine isn’t the only thing containing polyphenols. Apples, coffee, green tea, blueberries, cherries and dark chocolate are all rich in polyphenols and don’t require ID to consume!
Source: Dr Axe
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 small carrots, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 4 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup marsala wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion, carrots, garlic and red pepper. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in ¼ cup marsala wine, tomatoes and broth and more salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Once it’s come to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into a blender. Blend on low until smooth. (I blended in two batches and made sure to leave the top part of the lid off to allow steam to escape.)
- Return to pot and stir in sugar and baking soda over medium heat. Stir until all of the bubbles are gone.
- Stir in the remainder marsala and heavy cream. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese, basil and crouton if desired.
Thirteen people on average per year die from vending machines falling on them. Source
Humans are the only primates that don’t have pigmentation in their palms. Source
The average woman consumes 6 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime. Source
At -40 degrees Centigrade/Fahrenheit, a person loses about 14.4 calories per hour by breathing. Source
A substance from fish bladder is used to make wine and beer. It is a form of collagen used mainly for the clarification or fining of some beer and wine – Source
- Benefits of a bad mood is not all bad news. A mild bad or sad mood helps us cope with the not so good times. Often its a sign of a time that patience, compassion an understanding is needed from friend and family. That is the research done by Joseph Paul Forgas a professor of psychology at the University of New South Wales in Australia. His research also shows to improve memory and motivate us to try harder and make less judgments. Sadness has long been a trigger for artistic creativity and Bad moods help us be focused and difficult on difficult situations.
- That the organ that loves red wine the most is the brain. Of course you did. The reasons being that compounds found in red wine protect neurons against cognitive decline and neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s . Scientists from the institute of food Science Research in Spain discovered that up to 250mls of red wine daily can prevent brain cells from dying when put under stress and cell death is what causes cognitive decline. In addition to a daily glass of red, the lead researcher backed a diet rich in fruits and vegetables and low in saturated fats.
- 71.4 is now the global life expectancy, which has risen by five years from 2000 – 2015. Source: World Heath Organization
- The key players in the fight against aging are: NMN – New Drug – Can make space travel to the likes of Mars a reality as it has DNA repairing qualities. METFORMIN – this is a drug used for diabetics but the US food and drug administration gave the go ahead to trial its anti aging properties in 2015. RAPAMYCIN – The university of Washington in the US found Rapamycin actually slowed the aging process my improving heart functionality. It is commonly used in organ transplants. RESVERATROL – Naturally found in grapes, blueberries and blackberries is linked to heart health. It was also found in the US that a study also showed a kilojoule restricted diet was more effective.
- You can die from pooping too hard – A Norwegian scientist published the first case report on the relationship back in 1968. It is a rare condition called defecation syncope. Since you’re holding air in your lung cavity, you end up compromising your blood flow. As a result, less blood travels to your heart and to your brain, leading to a drop in blood pressure. If blood flow to the heart is compromised—especially in someone who already has some artery blockages—that can be enough to trigger a heart attack, People with heart disease or blood pressure disorders, or who take meds for hypertension, are more at risk. Healthy guys don’t have to worry
This is an excellent idea. If you are a CONNOISSEUR of wine this is a great way to keep the flavor.