Tag Archives: Week
Now I love peas, they are my favorite vege. When I was at Bermagui (Australia) last week we had lunch at a restaurant called “Octopii”. My niece Donna and I had ‘Fish Pot Pie’ and with this pie was mashed potato and this creamy mushy peas. It was delicious and I made it with our shepard’s pie last night. Mine was a little more liquid than theirs but I think I over cooked the peas. You really should make sure you boil the water first then add the peas for only 3 min and no longer. Next time I do it I think I would roll them out on a paper towel to get as much of the water off the peas as I could.
Anyway here is the recipe. Hope you enjoy.
345g frozen peas
4 tablespoons cream
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
Bring a shallow pot of lightly salted water to the boil over medium high heat. Add peas and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
Drain peas and transfer to a blender or large food processor. Add cream, butter, salt and pepper and process until blended but still thick with small pieces of peas. Adjust seasonings to taste, and serve immediately.
Very simple and easy.
Who cares it looks yummy to me and so I can’t eat for a week to rid the calories. I love baked potato’s.
You probably already know this but some don’t. Research by European Journal of Applied Physiology shows that a hard workout can be salve for achy joints. It has shown that those with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis that sweated through 30 minutes of indoor cycling intervals twice a week slashed indicators of the pain causing inflammation in their blood by an average of nearly 40% after 10 weeks. They also lost weight and body fat and their stamina also improved. High intensity training releases a hormone that helps convert unhealthy white fat to calorie burning brown fat.
The University of California have also discovered a molecular switch capable of converting unhealthy white fat into healthy, energy-burning brown fat in mice. Drugs that flip this switch rapidly reduced obesity and diabetes risk factors in mice fed a high fat diet.
For those who find it impossible to exercise and are overweight this drug of the future may be the answer for them.
For me fresh air, good music and exercise is the answer.
2. If you are eating food or having drinks with the an ingredient that has the prefix ‘Phos’ such as phosphoric acid then you should reduce the amount of intake. According to the American Journal of Kidney diseases you should make an effort to read labels and aim to reduce the amount of this mineral in your diet. (It is used as a preservative and a flavoring agent)
They believe some phosphorous is necessary but too much can harm your bones, heart, and kidneys.
3. 13 to 21 time the average healthy woman passes gas.
Even though many women won’t admit it, women do fart just as often as men. In fact, a study has proven that when men and women eat the exact same food, woman tend to have even more concentrated gas than men.
4. Women who post a photo on Internet dating sites receive twice as many email messages as women who don’t. The same study found that men who reported incomes higher than $250,000 received 156% more email than those with $50,000.
‘ You think’ obviously the one that is earning $250,00 thinks his looks are not going to make it.
The online dating industry generates $1.8 billion per year and the matchmaker/dating coach business generates $260 million per year in the United States
5. Quick Facts
Fully 17% of all families in Singapore have assets over $1,000,000. – Time Magazine, 6/25/12
In 1865, the U.S. Secret Service was first established for the specific purpose to combat the counterfeiting of money
Approximately 40% of the U.S. paper currency in circulation was counterfeit by the end of the Civil War.
Orcas (killer whales), when traveling in groups, breathe in unison
Percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80%.
In the U.S., over one million gallons of cosmetics, drinks, and lotions are sold that contain aloe in them per year
The expression cooked “al dente” means “to the tooth.” What this means is that the pasta should be somewhat firm, and offer some resistance to the tooth, but should also be tender
Scallops have approximately 100 eyes around the edge of its shell
The Koala bear is not really a bear, but is really related to the kangaroo and the wombat.
Hey I read this article this morning and thought it would be a good start for a Monday morning. Get you going for the week or everyday for that matter.
1. I can do this. A lot of times, our first thoughts when we wake lead to feelings of being overwhelmed or feeling exhausted about the day ahead before we even start moving. By taking those feelings in stride and focusing on our ability to make things happen, we can turn our thoughts into something positive. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, think about taking the day’s responsibilities one step at a time and knowing that you can do it.
2. Time to live for today. The other day, someone said one of the best quotes I’ve ever heard. She said, “We get closer to death every day, which is just one more reason to make sure we are living.” That sat with me and I felt very introspective and took the quote word for word, which lead me to realize that there is so much truth in the statement. I mean, if we aren’t taking today to live our lives, then what we are doing? Simply put, learn to live.
3. Let’s make a difference. Each day we have the opportunity to do something. We have the chance to make a difference in small and big ways. Making a difference could simply be through sharing a smile or a story, giving words of encouragement, making a donation, or writing a blog post (!). We are lucky enough to be here, so why not take the time to make a difference in one moment, one opportunity, or one life?
4. Something awesome is going to happen today! This is really about having faith in the day. We have no idea what the next 24 hours may hold for us, but having the belief that something amazing is going to happen, might just be the catalyst to creating and accepting the awesomeness that is on its way over.
5. Why not? In the words of my mentor, Jen Groover, always think, “What if? Why not?” These questions make you think about the best and worst case scenarios of every situation. What if you take a chance and do something awesome? Why not take the plunge? Often times by asking ourselves these questions, we can visualize the highest success and realize that the possibility of failing isn’t that devastating – the worst that could happen usually isn’t that bad, but hey, at least we tried.
6. No time is better than now. It’s not a myth that there is never a right time (for anything!) – there really isn’t a perfect time. We always think we need to wait – wait to make more money, be in a better physical state, etc. Sometimes these are things we can control and we can work toward making the situations better, but often, we just end up finding other excuses making us feel like the time isn’t right. Just accept that there will never be a perfect time, and doing something now is better than waiting and winding up doing nothing.