Feeling blue in this cold weather (If in NSW Australia) just watch this and you will feel warm inside ❤️
Tag Archives: weather
1. Weight Loss
What is in vinegar that causes weight loss?
Acetic acid is a component of vinegar that encourages your body to lose those pounds by helping prevent the build up of body fat and unhealthy liver fats, supporting weight loss. You can easily make your own apple cider vinegar at home, here is a simple guide for making it:
Multiple studies by the Central Research Institute in Japan (2009) and Johnson and Buller (2005), show how a small amount of vinegar a day can help reduce weight. These studies indicate that a minimum of 15ml (1 tablespoon) a day is enough to lose inches.
Here’s an easy way to add apple cider vinegar to your daily diet: Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with an 8oz glass of warm water or fruit juice, it’s as easy as that!
2. Lowering Cholesterol
The effects of consuming apple cider vinegar on blood lipid levels (cholesterol levels). The results prove that by taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day, cholesterol levels will in fact reduce. Try adding this health boosting vinegar to a smoothie for an easy way to apply it to your daily diet.
3. Fighting Diabetes
A small study in 2007 regarding the effects of vinegar on fasting glucose levels (a contributor to type two diabetes) shows that by taking two tablespoons of vinegar before sleeping helps reduce these levels.Therefore fighting the effects of diabetes, which can come hand in hand with being overweight.
4.Lowering Blood Pressure
Apple cider vinegar ‘oxidizes and thins the blood, which is important in preventing high blood pressure.’ By lowering high blood pressure, you will lessen the probability of getting heart disease or experiencing a stroke.
Detox Drink Recipe.
(I drink this every morning before I go to the Gym using our Kangen water of course. I have to say it is a very enjoyable drink, quite palatable. With this weather it’s very warming)
1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.) (I use the Kangen water from our machine reason being it is absorbed by the body much faster)
2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
½-1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
Warm the water.
mix all ingredients together.
Best served warm but drink at desired temperature.
- Lockheed WC-130 Is the plane that flys into storms – It is a high-wing, medium-range aircraft used for weather reconnaissance missions by the United States Air Force. The aircraft is a modified version of the C-130 Hercules transport configured with specialized weather instrumentation including a dropsonde deployment/receiver system and crewed by a meteorologist for penetration of tropical Storms and winter storms to obtain data on movement, size and intensity.
3. Most places of work in Sweden will have two “mandatory” coffee breaks per day and On December 24th at 3:00 p.m. of every year, it is a tradition for the Swedish to watch “Donald Duck and His Friends Wish You a Merry Christmas.”
Now this gadget is a must for every car. With all the rain about and flash flooding this tool could save your life.
Just put it in your glove box or somewhere handy if you need it. Hopefully you never do.
This gadget will allow you to smash your window if you become locked inside. Even in hot weather your locking system in the car may malfunction and you are unable to wind down the windows or open the doors to get out of the car.
This gadget has a Beacon light: flashing function which gives out warning signals
It has 5 Functions: torch, warning flashlight, belt cutter, emergency hammer
Built-in magnet with magnetic material at the bottom of this flashlight, so it can be attached firmly to any iron objects including car roof,
This gadget is only $14.00.
1. Research has shown that coconut oil or sesame oil swished around your mouth for 20 minutes a day reduce gum disease. Apparently it is an ancient Indian remedy used to ‘Pull’ bacteria from the mouth. I practice it, but only for a couple of minutes, 20 minutes may be a bit of a push for me. It is said to help whiten your teeth.
2. A lobsters blood is colorless but when exposed to oxygen it turns blue.’ Tomalley‘ is the lobster’s liver. It turns green when cooked and is considered a delicacy. ‘Coral‘ is the red colored material and is the egg mass of a female lobster. Cooking colors the tiny eggs a deep coral or red.
3. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a pearlscent substance found in fish scales. Lip colouring started to gain some popularity in 16th century England. During the time of Queen Elizabeth I bright red lips and a stark white face became fashionable.
4. There is a new device to help prevent migraines. It is called Cefaly, it electrically zaps nerves in the forehead that are thought to be linked to the source of the debilitating headaches. They say at least 36 million Americans suffer from these headaches. Cefaly is positioned on the forehead using an adhesive electrode. Precise impulses are produced, which act on the trigeminal nerve in order to reduce pain and prevent migraine attacks.
5. Did you know that in warmer weather, tires lose air at a higher rate, reducing gas mileage and decreasing their life span. I also causes battery failure so make sure you top off the fluid and clean corrosion from the terminals and make sure the cables are tightly connected. When possible always park your car in the shade. These are good tips for those of us that lives in Texas.
So sorry that I have been so neglectful of my Blog Site. On my way back from Australia I called into New Zealand to stay with my Mum and Charlie (the Dog) for three weeks. All my time taken up. Will catch up with a few photo’s when I get settled. I am now at the Sydney Airport waiting for my flight to Dallas. Love Texas. This trip I will be riding a new Harley which is the same model as ‘Bobby’. I have named this one ‘Robert’. Cant wait to get bum on seat and test it on the road. Bobby arrived in Australia safely and only had a chance to ride it twice and the rest of the time it rained so was a little uncomfortable to be riding on those roads in the rain.
Talking about weather I was sent this the other day. Thought it was quite funny
This was also sent to me which I thought was rather apt. I have come to the conclusion that it is too much bother to be chasing organic and for what? So you can pay higher prices and feel good about it.
Well that’s it for me for now as I am about to partake in a class of wine. It is 12 o’clock somewhere in the world
Remember making an apron in Home Economics? Maybe you didnt but your Grandparents probably did. This makes interesting reading.
The History of ‘APRONS’
I don’t think our kids even know
what an apron is.
The principal use of Grandma’s apron was to protect the dress underneath, because she only had a few, it was easier to wash aprons than dresses and they used less material, but along with that, it served as a potholder for removing:
- Hot pans from the oven.
- It was wonderful for drying children’s tears, and on occasion was even used for cleaning out dirty ears..
- From the chicken coop, the apron was used for carrying eggs, fussy chicks, and sometimes half-hatched eggs to be finished in the warming oven.
- When company came, those aprons were ideal hiding places for shy kids.
- And when the weather was cold grandma wrapped it around her arms.
- Those big old aprons wiped many a perspiring brow,
- bent over the hot wood stove.
- Chips and kindling wood were brought into the kitchen in that apron.
- From the garden, it carried all sorts of vegetables.
- After the peas had been shelled, it carried out the hulls.
- In the fall, the apron was used to bring in apples that had fallen from the trees.
- When unexpected company drove up the road, it was surprising how much furniture that old apron could dust in a matter of seconds.
- When dinner was ready,Grandma walked out onto the porch, waved her apron, and the menfolks knew it was time to come in from the fields to dinner.
It will be a long time before someone invents something that will replace that ‘old-time apron’ that served so many purposes.
Grandma used to set her hot baked apple pies on the window sill to cool. Her granddaughters set theirs on the window sill to thaw.
They would go crazy now trying to figure out how many germs were on that apron.
I don’t know who wrote this but it brought back memories for me about my Mom and Grandmother.
I am not a lover of cold weather and in some cases your car feels the same.
It does not really matter how well maintained your vehicle is kept, there are times when it is very temperamental and does not want to start. This has happened to me many times over time.
Here are some tips if you turn the key in your car and nothing happens.
1. Take a deep breath – Relax. You are not going to make it in time to wherever you are going. Get used to that idea. That’s ok, there could be lots of reasons for that. Some people have missed a plane crash because they could not get to the airport on time. So tell yourself it could be a good thing. Now that you are feeling better lets look at the more practical things that could help your situation
2. When you turn the key – It just clicks or nothing then most likely in the cold weather it will be the battery.
3. Did you leave the lights on? – The inside light left on will flatten a not so healthy battery by morning. Left the headlights on? Yes that will do it.
4. Battery connections – Give the battery connections a wiggle. Loose? Get out the screwdriver and tighten the connection. Give the key another turn, see if that will do the trick.
5. Corroded connection – Check for corrosion on the connection. If it looks like it could be, give it a light brushing to clean it up. Try to start it again.
6. Jump Start – Not all vehicles can be jumped started. Read your owner’s manual, first. Your manufacturer may advise against jump starting a vehicle due to sensitive electronic circuitry.
7. Frozen Battery – Don’t try to jump-start it while it is frozen
8. Check Battery – If you see that it is cracked or leaking Do Not try to jump-start it. You need to go buy a new one or get a tow truck to take your car to a repair shop.
9. Dry battery – Check to see if the battery has fluid inside. If it is dry then you will have to fill it to the fluid levels. There is a caution here though as batteries usually need pure clean water. You need to check with your manual.
10. Sparking connections – If you are jump starting the vehicle make sure the hook up clamps do not touch. You could have a fireworks display that could be a bit scary
11. Tow Truck – Still not able to start it then you may have a more serious problem like a bad starter or alternator. I think you are going to need a tow truck.
THE CAR CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START
If the starter turns, but the engine won’t start, the problem can be much harder to diagnose. One common problem is a frozen fuel line. In the winter, be sure to always keep your fuel tank half full. If water accumulates in your fuel line, the condensation will freeze and your car won’t start. If you’ve been driving in wet conditions or deep snow, wet spark plugs or other engine components can prevent your car from starting.
Here are some items you should always carry in your car in case of emergencies
I was just cleaning up my emails an came to this one. It is not a new video but I thought was great.
Quite cheery in this time of an unsettled world and weather.