1. Hang onions in cut-up tights or old stockings to make them last for months!
2. Create a thrifty watering can by puncturing holes in the top of a used milk bottle.
3. Cover paint trays with aluminum foil to make cleaning up afterwards a breeze. Now this is a good one especially for people like me that gets paint everywhere and I hate cleaning those trays.
4. Water straight from the tap becomes cloudy when frozen. To make ice cubes crystal clear, allow a kettle of boiled water to cool slightly and use this to fill your ice-cube trays.
5. Use a large muffin tin to cook stuffed peppers in the oven – it will help keep them upright.
6. To prevent potatoes budding, add an apple in the bag. New to me and a good one.