- Global Warming – Hmmmm maybe not – Did you know that NASA reported today that the amount of ice in the Antartica is growing. (Varney – Fox news)
The new Antarctic sea ice record reflects the diversity and complexity of Earth’s environments, said NASA researchers. Claire Parkinson, a senior scientist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, has referred to changes in sea ice coverage as a microcosm of global climate change. Just as the temperatures in some regions of the planet are colder than average, even in our warming world, Antarctic sea ice has been increasing and bucking the overall trend of ice loss.
“The planet as a whole is doing what was expected in terms of warming. Sea ice as a whole is decreasing as expected, but just like with global warming, not every location with sea ice will have a downward trend in ice extent,” Parkinson said.
To read the whole article click here
2. During President Barack Obama’s first term, the federal government accumulated more debt than it did under the prior 42 U.S presidents combined. – Just saying.
More than 63,300 manufacturing facilities in the United States have been permanently shut down since 2001.
Source – 20 surprising facts about the U.S. Economy – By Elizabeth MacDonald –very interesting reading
3. Study in Philadelphia USA, shows that 3/4 of the children by the age of 4 have been given their own tablet, smartphone or iPod.
High percentage use it to send the children to sleep.
As A Baby Boomer that seems shocking to me.
4. When you were born, you were, for a moment, the youngest person on earth.
5. Kissing burns 2 calories a minute. Undressing burns 8.
6. A study measuring the effects of music found that cows produce more milk when listening to soothing music. They produce the most when listening to R.E.M’s “Everybody Hurts.”
7. Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart.