- 186% is how much Pinterest searches for oat milk have risen in the past year. Made by soaking oats in water, blending them , then draining them with a cheesecloth, its quickly becoming the non-dairy milk of choice thanks to its slightly sweet flavor and low fat content. (not for me). Source-BodyandSoul
2. The US food and drug administration announced its approval of esketamine-based nasal sprays for severe depression. Esketamine a form of ketamine a fast acting prescription only available to people who have not had success with previous treatments. Other medications can take weeks to work while esketamine is thought to stabilize mood more quickly. The spray is not available in Australia or New Zealand but the approval in the States may inspire some trials Down Under. Keep your ears to the ground.
Source-Body and soul
3. It is believed that 18mg Is the amount of iron women in their childbearing years (19-50) require per day. In comparison men over 19 only need 8mg per day.
Source-Body and Soul
4. 3 things to help build stronger bones – a. Pump iron b. Don’t put stress your bones excessive cardio. Light cardio is better like walks, swimming and cycling . c. Improve your balance.
Source-Body and Soul
5. Crows love to pull tails. They do it to distract the bird while eating so that they can steal food. They also have been known to do it just because they can
Source: Did you know facts
This is very true in all walks of life be it your spouse, child, politician,lawyer, relative, you or me.
Too much sitting doesn’t just put you at risk for bulging disc and tension headaches — it’s now considered as dangerous as smoking. You maybe able to avoid health problems because of too much sitting by exercising one hour a day.
Researchers found that at least an hour of moderate-level physical activity a day (things like cycling at about 10 mph or brisk walking) could cancel out the increased risk of death associated with a sedentary lifestyle.
Too much sitting is now linked to a host of diseases, including diabetes, certain cancers and heart disease. And get this: They now know about 300,000 cases of dementia could be prevented each year if everyone lived physically active lives.
I agree as I have seen my Mothers health deteriorate in a year, after she stopped going for walks each day. My Mother now sadly suffers from Dementure. Which trust me is very hard to watch.
Study suggests the World Health Organization’s guidelines of 150 minutes of physical activity per week is simply not enough for office workers or others who are chronic sitters.
This is a few years old but it still makes me LOL
Tomorrow is my husbands birthday
I thought I would take this time to say
I love you and hope your special day brings you much joy
Because 56 years is a long way from being a boy
We have had lots of laughs and plenty of fun
Although I have been trying for years to get you go for walks and eventually run
If I succeeded with that, it sure would be a surprise you could say
Oh well I guess Rome was not built in a day
You are a special man to that I am proud
You have a great laugh which at times is exceptionally loud
You are protective of me and your special friends alike
You are confident and at times aggressive when on your bike
Champagne for breakfast and a little treat, you will enjoy, to be clear
Because I will spoil you for the special day of the year
Happy Birthday Dave
Back online again. I am in Australia at the moment visiting my Grandkids and doing a bit of business.
I looked after my 95 year old Mother in NZ for two months while my brother was in Europe.
I had a good time with my Mother but I especially have a good time with her dog ‘Charlie’.
Every morning I would take Charlie round the township of Omokoroa (NZ). It was quite some walk and I was surprised how those little legs kept up. Some days she was up to it, some not so energetic but always with the rattle of the dog lead she would come running.
Here are some pictures of one of the walks we did. As you will see it is a spectacular walk with lots of greenery and lovely flowers, beach, and bush.
I miss her.
Start of our walk
coming out of bush after chasing rabbits
Are we done yet?
Charlie meeting a friend on the beach
- Just had to stand in the Mud
back home more flowers in Mums garden
back home, Lavender in Mums garden