Old warning do not Text and Drive
Old warning do not Text and Drive
I have decided every Wednesday to offer you my idea of a good Christmas gift. I am going to do this till the end of the year. I am always looking for something different to give my friends so thought I might share this with you.
Why Smart Phones could cause cancer in Children and why this phone cover is the perfect gift For Christmas.
My Grandkids are definitely getting this for Xmas
Some experts say no, others say our devices could be the Asbestos of the future
I was watching Dr Oz the other day and he had a pediatrician from Chicago on his program and she was saying that she feels our children are in danger from all our smart phones, tablets and computers. The amount of electromagnetic radiation that is emitted from these devices could put our children in danger of becoming ill in the future.
As she said nothing has yet been proved but believes that in 20 years time there could be a result from all this exposure.
It has been suggested that the radiation has caused cancer in adult. The scary thing is that the skull of children is so much thinner than adults which could be a real danger to them.
A survey was done by Dr Oz . Families were asked how many devices do your children have and 65% of those said their children had 2 or more devices.
What attracted my attention was that the pediatrician mentioned about the fact that not only do they put some of these devices to their ears most of them, my grandchildren included, work with these devices on their laps which are close to their reproductive organs.
Apparently there is some regulation (FCC) about how much radiation these devices can emit but at the same time we have increased the usage over the years.
Another factor is that because a child’s skull is thinner than an adult, their brain absorbs the electro magnetic radiation 10 times more than an adult.
Example that I took off the screen. Here we see the result of a 5 year old, 10 year old and an Adult.
Now that I find rather a major concern.You can watch this on DrOz.com
When it comes to radiation distance matters.
1. Keep the phone as far away from the body as possible
2. Don’t allow laptops or tablets to sit on lap
3. Adjust to airplane mode when not in use
4. Use the speaker phone
6. Don’t sleep with your phone next to your head
7. Teenage girls – do not put them in your bras
8. There is a cellphone case that helps with the protection of electromagnetic radiation.
1. Sandflies are attracted to dark colors? To keep bites at bay this summer wear light colored clothing, avoid sweet smelling body products and use insect repellent – especially around the ankles as they sart their attack at ground level.
2. Massoud Hassani, a product designer from Afghanistan, built (by hand) a wind-powered device that trips land mines as it rolls across the ground. It is made using bamboo and biodegradable products.
Many of these mines are active and near populated areas in countries like Afghanistan and are hard to remove. The UN says that one mine clearance specialist is killed, and two injured, for every 5,000 mines cleared.
Hassani’s cheap and easy to make method has been achieving great results.
3. If you use a tiny dab of hand sanitiser on a tissue or make up remover pad it will clean all your electronic screens – phone, IPad, and computor
4. There are two levels of Organic – 95% organic ingredients are identified by the words ‘Certified Organic’ and 70% organic ingredients is identified by the words ‘Made with organic ingredients’
5. If your mobile phone is practically glued to your hand beware of ‘Text neck’ . Looking down at a screen for long periods can cause postural changes that affect the neck and spine, which can lead to nerve damage, muscle spasms and pain.
6. To get garlic smells off your hands, rub the with a stainless steel spoon under cold running water.
Here is a list of websites that have ‘Free’ online courses
MIT Open Courseware
Open Yale Courses
Carnegie Mellon University OLI
University of Reddit
IDEAS, INSPIRATION & NEWS (websites which deliver educational content meant to entertain you and stimulate your brain)
How Stuff Works
DIY & HOW-TO’S (Don’t know how to do that? Want to learn how to do it yourself? Here are some great websites.)
Wonder How To
Do it yourself
FREE TEXTBOOKS & E-BOOKS
Books Should Be Free
AudioBooks For Free
Open Textbooks BCcampus
Open Textbook Library
SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES & JOURNALS
Directory of Open Access Journals
Wiley Open Access
Elsevier Open Access
Open Access Library
Learn A Language
Foreign Services Institute
OpenCulture’s Language links
2. COMPUTER SCIENCE & PROGRAMMING
The Code Player
Learn Code the Hard Way
Mozilla Developer Network
Microsoft Virtual Academy
3. YOGA & MEDITATION
Do Yoga With Me
Yoga Learning Center
4. PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMMAKING
The Bastards Book of Photography
Cambridge in Color
Best Photo Lessons
Learn About Film
Film School Online
5. DRAWING & PAINTING
Google Cultural Institute
6. INSTRUMENTS & MUSIC THEORY
Music Theory Videos
Furmanczyk Academy of Music
Petrucci Music Library
Play Bass Now
7. OTHER UNCATEGORIZED SKILLS
The Chess Website
First Aid for Free
First Aid Web
Wolfram Demonstrations Project
Anyone who reads my blog, knows I am passionate about the education of the dangers of Texting and using the cell phone while driving.
I ride a motorbike and I see cell phone use in the car it all the time. I have had to take action to avoid an accident because the vehicle in front does not see me and almost takes me off the road. My signal to them of course was not a polite one.
Importantly your children need to see this video that has been produced by AT&T. It is very sad and graphic. Adults alike need to take heed.
We all need to understand that when anyone is driving and you know it – Don’t text them.
Be a good friend, a good parent, brother or sister « Please tell them « ” Don’t use your cell phone and drive”