- Get dental work for a fraction of the cost from dentist – supervised students. Go to ada.org and click on dental schools. The federal government also offers help. Go to nidcr.nih.gov then search “findings dental care”
2. A survey found that if you haggle the price of hearing aids with certain retail businesses you may be able to save. One survey found about half of the 14% who haggled got a better deal. Sometime you can save over 1,000 dollars buying online. I promote of course to buy from the retailer to support them and employment.
3. Apply for free meds:- Go to the partnership for prescription assistance pparx.org . Patients that qualify save hundreds of dollars.
4. Be a house sitter:- The site trustedhousesitters.com Matches those sho need their pets and homes watched. Another site to go to for more information on this is SecretBlogger.com
5. Discount for Train rides:- Amtrak cuts 10% off most fares for riders 62 plus. Via rail Canada offers 10% off adult fares for travelers over 60
- Cranberries are great for stronger teeth. Apparently according to the Oral Health Foundation the polyphenols dark-colored berries such as cranberries and blueberries are ale to prevent harmful bacteria from sticking you gums and teeth. They suggest eating these berries straight after a meal to make the most of the benefits. Source
2. Researchers from Northwestern University in the US have developed a wearable skin patch that can screen your sweat for potential diseases and health markers. It is not available for purchase as yet but a great idea and hopefully will not take too long to come on the market. Source
3. Cheese is not only good for the soul it is also beneficial for the heart . An Australian study found a Mediterranean diet rich in cheese can significantly boost health outcomes for those at risk of heart disease. They believe even more so than a low-fat diet. My nieces wife Franny will love this.❤️
4. You may have heard that on average a person will swallow 8 spiders a year in your sleep. Probably not so. There is no scientific record of it ever actually happening. Spiders get most of the information about their surroundings through vibrations. Snoring, breathing and heartbeat will probably scare them away.
5. Pablo Picasso once said “When I was a child my Mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier you will be a general. If you become a monk you will end up as the Pope’ . Well I became a painter and wound up as Picasso”
Red wine may actually protect the integrity of your teeth.
Compounds in red wine is effective at eradicating bacteria that like to linger on teeth and gums.
When the polyphenols present in red wine were combined with an oral probiotic that encourages the growth of “good” bacteria, Streptococcus dentisani, polyphenols performed even better at halting the bad oral bacteria. It’s unclear why, but it may be that the polyphenols produce molecules that keep the bacteria from hanging around.
It could lead to polyphenol-infused products like chewing gum, mouthwash and toothpaste for extra protection against bacteria.
Red wine isn’t the only thing containing polyphenols. Apples, coffee, green tea, blueberries, cherries and dark chocolate are all rich in polyphenols and don’t require ID to consume!
Source: Dr Axe
A couple of old guys were golfing when one mentioned that he was going to go to Dr. Steinberg for a new set of dentures the next morning.
His elderly buddy remarked that he, too, had gone to the very same dentist two years before.
“Is that so?” asked the first old guy. “Did he do a good job?”
The second oldster replied, “Well, I was on the golf course yesterday when a guy on the next fairway hooked a shot. The ball must have been going at least 180 mph when it slammed me right in the testicles.”
The first old guy was confused and asked, “What the hell does that have to do with your dentures?”
“It was the first time in two years my teeth didn’t hurt.”
1. That you need to brush you teeth before bedtime as research from the Harvard University that twice daily brushing reduces your risk of bowel cancer. The University have found that there is a link between oral bacteria and inflammation in the body.
2. Belladonna – Italian for ‘beautiful lady’ was used in a sleeping potion in Chaucer’s time. but today it is used in homeopathic medicine to alleviate infant teething, mastitis and menstrual pain and is especially used for acute illness with a violent onset such as flu with high fever.
3.The anthocyanin in bilberry protect the eyes against oxidative damage and have a relating effect on blood glucose.
4. Doctors at the University of Colorado School of medicine found newborn infants who were given 100mg of Phosphatidyl Choline had fewer negative brain changes that could signal developmental delays. . Phosphatidyl choline is built around the B vitamin choline and is essential to brain health. Choline is involved in methylation which regulates gene actions
5. 30 years after the death of artist Salvador Daii’s his body was exhumed to settle s paternity suit. When they opened the casket they found his iconic mustache was intact and also the ends were still pointing in the classic 10 past 10 position.