This is a must watch. With all the technology in the world these guys are precious, clever, amazing.
Tag Archives: technology
1. In Japan – Beer cans have braille on them so blind people don’t accidentally get drunk.
In braille it says: “alcohol.” Asahi beer for reference…
3. In 2014, UK scientists created the fastest ever Internet connection – Clocking speeds of 1.4 terabits per second – enough to download 44 HD movies per second.
4. That flavor is a marker for the uncontaminated nutritional value of your food – Chemical Technology has developed a smoke screen for bad quality food by masking the flavor with a inferior quality ingredients to make the food taste great with no nutritional value. The great taste and aroma can fool consumers to think they are eating food of wholesome quality. Hence we have continued history of increased bad health and obesity .
My saying which is probably not the best example being sausages. If you are having a meal of just sausage you will probably only eat one. Put tomato sauce on them you will probably eat a whole lot more. Reason being the salt and sugar and additives in the tomato sauce will stimulate your taste buds. Just sayin.
5. Mushrooms are more closely related to humans than they are to plants – The major difference between a plant (vegetable) and mushroom is how they acquire their food. In the case of plants, they possess chlorophyll and make their food via photosynthesis. Fungi, on the other hand, exist on decaying material in nature. Also the obvious structural differences, such as lack of leaves, roots, and seeds.So fungi now have their own kingdom on the basis of cellular organization.
Source Go to the source to find out more
I told you so! I am not the only one that loves her Kangen water machine. The best in the world does also. Don’t believe me go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com. You need one in your business and at home your body will love you for it.
The Enagic technology and Kangen Water have been in the Japanese marketplace for many years and are used for both commercial and consumer application. Just like any great product, given enough time, it will spread beyond its local borders and will make its way to other cities, regions and
countries. As more and more people learn about Kangen Water, it has started showing up in more and more places all around the globe, including some of the best restaurants in the world. As the highest quality product of its kind in the market, the Enagic technology has garnered a reputation of providing outstanding craftsmanship, dependability and performance to produce different grades of waters, which offer a variety of different uses and benefits. It is with great pride that we announce that the Enagic technology and Kangen Water are being used in the restaurants of the 5-Star Mandarin Oriental Taipei Hotel in Taipei, Taiwan.
Mr. Sukasem M.C. Lin, the owner of the hotel, is a man of both traditional and modern appreciation worldwide. His grandparents operated a hotel in his youth, something which deeply influenced his decision to enter into the hospitality industry. In 2014 Mr. Lin realized his goal of the complete renovation of the Mandarin Oriental Taipei. He insisted on only the highest quality products for the hotel and dedicated a total of 10 years to complete the renovation. Beautiful decorative stones for different parts of the hotel were imported from Europe and every part of the hotel was designed by top designers from around the world. This hotel is full of Mr. Lin’s passion, dedication, style and uncompromising dedication to quality. In a candid interview Mr. Lin explained why he chose Enagic technology and Kangen Water to be used in all the restaurants of his hotel.
“I was introduced to Kangen Water by a friend of mine in Singapore. I started drinking Kangen Water and came to realize its various benefits. In order to serve healthy, clean and tasty dishes, we decided to install the Enagic technology in all the restaurants of the hotel. Almost everyone drinks water in some way during meals, including in soup and tea. I did consider several water ionizer brands, but the Enagic technology came out on top because it solved all the concerns we had for cooking, including making sure the device had necessary testing and certifications to be used in a commercial kitchen. The device also had to be able to take the rigorous and demanding use by our kitchen staff, something that the Enagic technology was more than equipped to handle. Although it took using the technology and trying Kangen Water to convince the staff of the benefits of the water, they recognized the need for the water and have embraced the use of the device. Now they take advantage of the Enagic technology and Kangen Water in all aspects of cooking, including washing fresh fruits and vegetables, making tea and soup and chemical free cleaning of the kitchen.”
Tajimaya Honkan, the Shabu-Shabu restaurant in the hotel, is so popular that there is a three-month waiting list to get a reservation. Patrons enjoy a variety of delicious dishes which have used Kangen Water during preparation and as an ingredient. At the end of meal they add Kangen Water to the soup and make porridge out of it. Then the staff explains to the customers why they use Kangen Water for cooking. Mr. Lin explained, “Once you buy a good product and master its use, you will be able to share the value and benefits with others. I am sure that less than 1% of people in Taiwan have ever heard about the Enagic technology and Kangen Water. We hope to help inform them of the advantages of the water by allowing our patrons to experience the unique difference this water can make.” He added, “I consider myself a forward thinking person and I think this technology will become an important part of every commercial and consumer kitchen. From now on, food will need to be more than just delicious; it will also need to benefit your health in as many ways as possible. I believe that this is the beginning of a trend in health and cuisine which will eventually dominate the culinary world.”
Family trips in the car should be exciting and memorable. Don’t forget to stop every now and then to stretch the legs or maybe see some of the sights along the way. I know when Dad gets behind the wheel he just wants to get going and get there as fast as he can. Ok Dad or Mom it’s not about you all the time and if you want happy kids consider some of their comforts as well. Nothing worse than grumpy moaning kids trust me. Anyway here are some suggestions for entertainment along the way in between stops.
- When it comes to food and drink, if you’re heading from home then packing a picnic lunch and finding a park to spread the blanket is a great way to allow the children let off some steam. Make up some favorites to eat and try to keep away from Junk food that could make them a little Hypo.
- If the kids are older than they’ll want to help manage a playlist of songs. Give everyone in the car an option to choose – no child wants to listen to their parent’s soundtrack no matter how cool the parents think they are (note to self: Billy Idol’s “Rebel Yell” has not aged well).
- For younger children the audiobook is a blessing. Currently in the Top 10 audio books on Booktopia there are plenty of choices for the young ‘uns such as The 91 Story Treehouse to The World’s Worst Children 2; as well as evergreens such as Enid Blyton’s The Faraway Tree (read by Kate Winslet) and The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Games such “The Animal Name Game” (where one person names an animal. Then each person in order has to name another animal that starts with the last letter of the previous animal named. “Lynx” has in the past, brought the game to a quick conclusion); “The Alphabet Game” (where one person chooses the right-hand side of the road, and someone else the left and each player looks for letters of the alphabet that appear on their side. The first to point out all the letters of the alphabet in order wins); and the old chestnut that is “I Spy” will always help wile away the hours.
- There is technology. Whip out this option when the going gets rough. Some of the best game apps include Drawing Pad (age 2-4); Lightbot Jr (age 5-8) and Dragon Box Elements (age 9-12). But they’ll no doubt have their favorites. Now this one for me Is not a good option as I believe the kids should be more aware of where they are going and the surroundings plus scenery.
As comedian Eddie Cantor once said, “Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why”.
1. Studies show that snuggling before bed helps to relax the brain. This reduces the process of the brain over-thinking and making it easier to fall asleep.
Snuggling also helps keep blood pressure in check due to the normal chemical activity it generates source
2. 250 people are currently frozen, waiting to be revived with future technology.
About 270 people have undergone cryopreservation procedures as of 2013. The revival envisions repairs being conducted using a variety of microscopic organisms and devices that will restore healthy cell structure and chemistry at the molecular level before warming is done. Until then, we, or rather they wait for The Resurrection. Company President John Rodriguez inside one of the empty Cryon tanks used to contain the bodies.
3. Did you know you could go out with a bang. This sounds fantastic to me I would love it. “Heavens above Fireworks” is a company that turns your ashes into a firework after you die and you literally can be lit up and go out with a bang. A great way to say good-bye
4. People who stay up late at night are likely to be more intelligent than those who go to bed early.
It is worth reading the whole article on www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ it is extremely interesting.
5. A woman attempted suicide by jumping from the 86th floor of the empire state building, a sudden gust blew her right back onto the 85th floor. 1979, Elvita Adams jumped from the 86th floor, only to be blown back onto the 85th floor by a gust of wind and left with a broken hip.
While the U.S. Defense Department is taking bold steps to embrace the latest technology in nearly every operational specialty, it might be the simplicity of a kitchen sponge that saves hundreds of lives every year.
The new battlefield gadget is called X-STAT, and it uses a novel twist on simple science, offering a different way to treat deep gun shot wounds that have plagued military medics for years.
The sponges work fast: In just 15 seconds, they expand to fill the entire wound cavity, creating enough pressure to stop heavy bleeding, reports Popular Science. Keeping the technology simple is hugely important in the chaotic, pre-hospital environment. RevMedx designed the XSTAT to literally be plug-and-play.
The dime-sized expanding sponges – which are made from standard medical-grade sponges and covered with a hemostatic agent – are injected into the wound with the plastic tube and immediately expand to stop the bleeding. And because the sponges cling to moist surfaces, they can’t be pushed back out of the body by gushing blood.
RevMedx claims uncontrolled bleeding is the leading cause of death on the battlefield and the second leading cause of death in civilian trauma. According to a report published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the highest percentage of survivable battlefield deaths from 2001-2009 came from major trauma hemorrhage.
RevMedx, founded in 2009, focused their research on solving the problem of “non-compressible hemorrhage,” and believes their modified syringe that injects specially coated sponges into wounds will be the solution:
“A significant number of wounds occur to regions of the torso where compression cannot be applied, such as the pelvis or shoulder … By working closely with the US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command and US Special Operations Command, we succeeded in developing a novel hemostatic dressing capable of stopping high-flow arterial bleeding within seconds without external compression.”
RevMedx recently petitioned the FDA for approval of their invention, Popular Science reports. The company claims XSTAT could boost survival rates and spare injured soldiers from additional pain.
“The core technology behind the XSTAT dressing is mini-sponges that expand upon contact with blood — resulting in a nearly immediate hemostatic effect without manual compression,” the RevMedx site states. “We are incorporating this self-expanding sponge technology into a portfolio of hemostatic dressings to treat a wide range of wound types.”
The DoD Hemorrhage and Resuscitation Research and Development Program portfolio manager said the XSTAT provides the military with a totally new way to save lives, according to the Army. “It is a capability that has never existed before, and can be used in the field setting by medics, possibly even with buddy aid,” Dr. Anthony Pusateri said.
I am such an Apple advocate. I just love every product they put on the market. I am always fascinated with the new technology that they come out with.
My Computer is now 4 years old and I have never had a scrap of trouble with it. I just love it. In fact I would like to get a new one because of the new technology and of course the look of it. Unfortunately that wont happen yet as this one won’t wear out.
Anyway I think the new Nano’s look great. They even have a pedometer and video as new add on’s.
It sounds fantastic to me.