- Peanut allergies are caused partly by lack of exposure to peanut products in infancy. Prevention may be partly achieved through early introduction of peanuts to the diets of pregnant women and babies. Source
2. Listening to soft voices can cause “Brain Orgasms” (aka autonomous sensory meridian response) A video of a woman explaining how to fold towels has over 900,000 views because her voice can trigger the sensation.
I did watch it. Not sure about the Orgasmic bit but intriguing enough I did watch it to the end as her voice is particularly calming.
3. LEGO – Has a secure, temperature- and humidity-controlled, fireproof underground vault in Denmark that contains every LEGO set ever made. Source
4, China owns all of the pandas in the world – Rents them out to other countries for $1,000,000 dollars a year. The only exception to this is the 2 pandas that China gifted to Mexico in the 70’s but with agreement that if they had offspring China would own them. According to Wikipedea China began to offer pandas to other nations only on ten-year loans. The standard loan terms include a fee of up to US$1,000,000 per year and a provision that any cubs born during the loan be the property of the People’s Republic of China.
5. George Washington died in 1799 – When doctors drained more than half of his blood to cure a sore throat. Solving the medical mystery of George Washington’sdeath. Learn the gruesome details of President George Washington’s final hours on the 215th anniversary of his death. … After a series of medical procedures, including the draining of nearly 40 percent of his blood, he died that evening. Source
6. Last of all Chinese warships arrived in Sydney on June the 8th – Loaded Australian baby formula, boxes of whitening sheet face masks, Devondale brand long life milk and Manuka honey on to their ships. Chinese warship quietly entered Sydney Harbour on Monday morning much to the surprise of Australians including the Premier of NSW. Government officials say they knew as the chinese were returning from a counter drug trafficking operation in the Middle East. A little laughable as they are the biggest drug traffickers in the world.
Interesting story worth reading on News.com.au