Tag Archives: SUN
Have not done a poem in a while
Sun on my back, that warm feeling in the winter makes me smile
I love the mornings, fresh and early to rise
Got up had my cold shower, cleaned my teeth and exercise
Took the dog for a walk down to the lake
The air so still with mist on top, natural beauty not fake
So here I am with toast marmalade and tea
A Simple pleasure, Body, Soul and me
Great Start to the day, really don’t want to move, just enjoying this lot
Well why should I, there is still another cup of tea in the pot
1. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey.
2. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
Read more at
3. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.
Read more at
4. It can take a photon 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to the surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to earth.
Read more at
5. People decide whether you are smart, likable, extroverted, adventurous, successful, or trustworthy within just 3 seconds of meeting you.
Either way we should be doing this “Salute to the Sun” every day. Only takes a few minutes but here are some of the benefits.
“If you don’t do different nothing will change”
In Australia, a dog/bird experiment with potentially global significance for conservation is taking place. On a tiny island near the Victorian coastal town of Warrnambool, Maremma Sheepdogs (livestock guardian dogs) are hard at work protecting Little Penguins, the smallest of the penguin species. And not only are the birds thriving and breeding, predation losses from foxes — their chief killers — have ceased.
No penguins have been killed by foxes since the program began and the population increased from 10 to over 200.
For more interesting reading go to ‘The Bark’
Poland has a ‘glow in the dark’ bicycle path that is powered by the sun. The asphalt contains synthetic particles called “luminophores,” which at night emit power captured from sunlight, creating the electric blue hue. TPA says the glow lasts up to 10 hours, according to Polish newspaper Gazeta Olsztyńska.
Source: For more in-depth information
Hans Gruber from the movie Die Hard was Alan Rickman’s very first role in a feature movie
On Alan Rickman’s first day of shooting he filmed the scene where Hans Gruber first runs into John McClane. He made a jump off the ledge about three feet high. He injured his knee when he landed and damaged some cartilage in his knee. He was told by his doctor not to put any weight on that leg and he had to use crutches for a week. For the rest of the scene where Hans Gruber is standing and talking to John McClane, Alan Rickman is standing on one leg for the entire time and has a leg brace on under his pants.
The Nakatomi tower is actually the headquarters of 20th Century Fox. The company charged itself rent for the use of the then-unfinished building.
According to legend there was once a widowed father who was so poor he feared his daughters would never marry and would have to resort to prostitution to get by. Wanting to help St Nicholas slid down their chimney one night and saw their laundered stockings hanging by the fire so he filled them with gold. This act of charity prevented them from becoming hookers. That is why we hang stockings at Xmas.
BLANCHING green vegetables in Kangen Water® will preserve their vibrant green colors.
Zinc oxide is made from zinc, a type of metallic element found in nature. Like other elemental metals, including iron or electrolytes like magnesium, zinc is able to carry a certain electric charge that gives it special benefits within the body. Zinc Oxide has a benefit to the immune system, digestive tract, brain and skin. It is a “building block” for protein synthesis, enzyme creation, and metabolic processes.
Zinc oxide is not naturally occurring, but rather created when zinc is chemically heated and combined with oxygen molecules. The two elements are vaporized, condensed, and formed into a powder that is fine, white, crystallized and sits on top of the skin providing a protective layer.
Zinc Oxide as I know it always left a white creamy film on your face when applied but now with an advanced formula this is not so and is now more widely accepted as a sunscreen.
Zinc Oxide has now found to have many great benefits:
- Helping to lower skin inflammation associated with rashes, allergies or irritation (including diaper rash)
- Providing broad-spectrum sun protection that prevents burns (including on photo-sensitive skin)
- Providing protection from skin cancer/neoplasia (basal cell carcinoma)
- Improving wound healing and preventing bacterial infections
- Aiding in recovery of burns and damaged tissue
- Helping to treat acne breakouts
- Keeping moisture locked into dry skin
- Reducing dandruff
- Treating warts
- Lowering inflammatory dermatoses (including rosacea)
- Treating pigmentary disorders (melasma)
- Preventing aging of the skin
- Improving synthesis of collagen and forming of new connective tissue
I personally have been a little dubious of a lot of the sunscreens as they have some quite toxic chemicals in the ingredients. On the other hand Zinc Oxide is a natural alternative that has been proven to be beneficial to the skin at the same time giving it protection from the elements.
Zinc is a mineral and has the ability to sit atop the skin and scatters away the ultraviolet rays. Due to the Zinc’s ability to do this you will probably find a small amount in most commercial sunscreens. Most chemical commercial sunscreens include the ingredient oxybenzon which is said to irritate the skin because of its toxicity.
Most commercial sunblock only protect you from either UVA or UVB rays, but not both types, hence more toxic chemicals are added to try to stop the sun burn.
- Zinc oxide is a substance created from zinc and oxygen which is usually found in powder form, but added to many lotions, ointments, sunscreens and rash creams.
- Zinc oxide has been found to have natural antiseptic and antibacterial abilities. Other benefits include healing epidermal wounds, burns, rashes, skin oiliness, infections and acne.
- Unlike many chemical sunscreens, zinc oxide protects against UVA and UVB light rays and is often used as a natural, non-toxic sunscreen to prevent burns, signs of photo-aging and irritation.
So when you next look at buying a sunscreen or actually changing your sunscreen immediately it is worth looking for a good Zinc Cream.
The cream that I use and the family use is the ‘Invisable Zinc’ product which came recommended to me.
You are able to purchase these on Amazon.