- Judean Date Palm was miraculously brought back to life following the chance discovery of seeds in the 2,000-year-old ruins of Masada, the male date palm tree named Methuselah, the only one of his kind, has become a father.
For thousands of years, the date palm was a staple crop in the Kingdom of Judea, as it was a source of food, shelter and shade. Thick forests of the palms towering up to 80 feet and spreading for 7 miles covered the Jordan River valley from the Sea of Galilee in the north to the shores of the Dead Sea in the south.
So valued was the tree that it became a recognized as a symbol of good fortune in Judea. It is chronicled in the Bible, Quran and ancient literature for its diverse powers, from an aphrodisiac to a contraceptive, and as a cure for a wide range of diseases including cancer, malaria and toothache.
2. Raynaud’s disease is a condition that turns your fingers white or blue when you are cold. Your body overreact to cold temperatures and restricts blood flow to the extremities. Apparently smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas
3. According to studies too much exercise is not healthy. Your body’s Homeostasis (regulators that keep the composition of the extracellular fluids constant) collapses when you over do exercise. Moderation is important. Stress on the body produces large amounts of free radicals that causes stress like sore or strained muscles. So overdoing exercise has no health benefits. Source: The Enzyme Factor. (Excellent book – worth getting)
4. Water the giver of life – Our bodies are composed of nearly 90 percent waters using pure water for drinking and bathing is essential to our health. More than 700 pollutants most of them carcinogens often found in drinking water from municipal sources and rural wells. The exposure to our skin is significant and goes unrecognized as a health threat . Filtered water is the safest way to go. It can be a little pricy but it is the only way to give your family the highest quality water.
Source: Secrets of Longevity: Hundreds of ways to live to be 100
Additional source: http://lifechanging-water.com
5. I know it’s almost winter here in the States but it will be summer sometime somewhere and there will be bugs and mosquitos. Now as you know repellents contain dangerous chemicals. It has been shown that prescription drugs in you system can combine with other compounds such as what you put on your skin and can cause brain cell death and other neurotic reactions including seizures. A natural substance which I use daily in my oil burner (it is also called Indian oil of verbena) is a great choice to keep the bugs away. You will find it at your health food store.
Source: Secrets of Longevity: Hundreds of ways to live to be 100 (another excellent book I have had it for years. Not sure if I will live till 100 but will give it a try)
- This information about Slavery, Republicans and Democrats
2. No two dog noses are the same. A dog’s nose is the equivalent of a human fingerprint, with each having a unique pattern of ridges and creases.
3. The Eiffel tower actually grows in the heat of the summer. Due to the iron expanding, the tower grows about 6 inches every summer.
4. These 8 Books will help make you smarter according to a list from one of today’s most famous scientists/cosmic enthusiasts/ existential philosophers. Neil deGrasse Tyson
1. “The Prince” by Machiavelli
2. “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu
3. “The Wealth of Nations” by Adam Smith
4. “The Age of Reason” by Thomas Paine
5. “Gulliver’s Travels” by Johnathan Swift
6. “On the Origin of Species” by Charles Darwin
7. “A Treatise of the System of the World” by Sir Isaac Newton
8. The Bible
5. The bright dots you can see in your eyes are your own white blood cells. Go outside and stare at the bright sky for a while and, they’ll appear before your eyes! The tiny dots you see are actually white blood cells moving across your retina. There aren’t any blood vessels in the center of your field of vision, which is why you can’t ever look right at them. This is called the blue field entoptic phenomenon.
6. Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, “You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country’s National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!”
‘I say good for him for standing his ground, all other owners should take note and show the same strength of pride in the American flag in my opinion’.
Tongariro at Makotuku Bed and Breakfast
If you are about to travel to New Zealand this bed and breakfast is a must.
It is owned by my dear friend Julie and her husband. It is one of the most beautiful areas in New Zealand. Julie also is the most hospitable person I know and will make you extremely welcome.
Right below Mt Ruapahu and exquisite picture as you can see from above which is taken from her lounge room.
If you are a skier, snowboarder, like cycling on the amazing cycle tracks in the area or just traveling through this is a perfect place to stay.
It’s a great place to stay summer or winter.
At long last she now has a Facebook page which gives you an idea of the area and all you can do plus all the contact information.
Go check it out. If you are going that way it will be the best stop you will make.
I know as I have stayed there many times.
Just click on the pictures to go to the Facebook page
This is rather interesting. I had no idea how to eat pomegranates, because of all the seeds I just never bothered. I liked the flavor but not having to spit out all the seeds. This video shows you how to rid the seeds before you eat.
1. Use cupcake cases to cover drinks glasses in the summer and prevent flies from dropping in. I need to do this with my wine glass because you can be sure, if you are outside and you need to go do something when you come back there is a fly in your red wine. They love it.
2. Use bulldog clips to keep stacked bottles in place in the fridge
3. Another way to clean a chopping board is to cover liberally with
Kosher salt and leave overnight. Scrape off with a cloth in the
morning to find the salt has absorbed all moisture to leave your board clean and dry.
4. This has to be the simplest way to open those annoying blister packs!
5. Use a cut potato to easily remove a broken light bulb
6. Use chalk to remove grease stains from clothes. Simply rub white
chalk on the affected area and wash as normal – the chalk will absorb
the grease and be washed away in the cycle.
I tape Dr Oz every day of the week. Sometimes its a little Ho Hum, but today, very informative I thought. It was a subject dear to my thighs and ass, especially for those of us that venture to the beach or to the pool in our swimmers, be it a one piece or bikini.
Cellulite reduction therapies that you can do at home. (He had the real life photo’s to prove it).
The first one.
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup sea salt (coarse stuff)
1/2 cup seaweed powder (I am sure you can get this at a drug store or health food shop)
Stir the mixture which becomes a green color.
Rub this on the areas most needed, morning or night or both. I would use one of those rough hand gloves you get for the shower. Leave it on for a minute or so then shower it off.
Apparently it is a little messy but worth it, so in the shower or bath area is probably a good idea.
Option No two.
1/2 a cup three times a day. Suggested ways:
1. Cottage cheese, pineapple and cinnamon for breakfast
2. Cucumber, pineapple, sprinkle with lemon and chili powder maybe for lunch.
3. Tuna, pineapple, onion as a snack.
They also suggested you could take a supplement called Bromelain. Bromelain is an extract derived from the stems of pineapples.
So if you can’t handle all that pineapple you could use the supplement.
Go Get it Girls
Great idea for cool water drinks in the summer. I have seen the water replaced with Vodka, left to stand with the citrus for a week or so. Very tasty indeed.
Author: Lesley Voth
Summer is gone and winter is almost here
No sun on my body, tan rapidly going – oh dear
I love the warmth of Summer I do not like the cold
The trees lose their leaves, they look bare and old
It’s hard to get out in morning and leave that warm bed
I go to the gym at 5am, its freezing, I have a screw loose in my head
Really, I don’t drive a car, I go on my motorbike
I plug-in my heated vest, the heat I do like
But my nose gets cold and the wind on my legs
My mind wanders to my breakfast of Bacon and eggs
I have already put on the pounds before I get to the gym
But i guess that’s what happens in winter, one forgets about being slim
Now there is a few good things that winter brings about
Crisp fresh air, good for the lungs and make the nips standout
Winter is a season that makes us love the sky blue
But Summer! Already I Miss You
Memories can be strong enough to cause a person to feel the exact emotions from an event that took place in the past.
A volcanic eruption in indonesia in 1815 caused Europe and North America to have a year without a summer. There was major food shortages across the Northern hemisphere believed to be caused by a combination of historic low in solar activity with a succession of volcanic eruptions that included the Mount Tambora believed also to be the largest eruption in over 1,300 years.
The Pistol Shrimp kills its prey by closing its claw so fast it creates a sonic bubble that momentarily reaches the temperature of the sun and knocks out its prey
Almost all mazes can be solved by “The right hand rule”, placing your right hand on a wall when entering the maze, and following the wall until you reach the finish.
A full McBain movie is hidden across multiple Simpsons episodes. The show’s writers had hidden an entire McBain movie throughout several episodes of the show.