Right now we have an abundance of bananas so these recipes are just perfect and easy to make. Very healthy as well as there is no sugar or preservatives in it. Just pure fruit also no dairy. Very Yummy.
Tag Archives: Sugar
- Grass-fed butter nutrition is even more impressive than regular butter nutrition – When saturated fat is obtained from healthy sources in moderation, like grass-fed butter and coconut oil, it provides the body much-needed fuel and helps with blood sugar stability. When it comes to cholesterol concerns, low cholesterol levels are worse than high for many people. By consuming grass-fed butter, you directly increase your intake of butyric acid, which science has shown can decrease inflammation. One of the specific ways it has been shown to decrease inflammation is in the intestines of people with Crohn’s disease.
For more information go to: – Drake.c0m
2. 3 Benefits of Eating Liver – This is amazing to me as I love liver always knew it was healthy but because most of my family do not like it I got out of the habit of eating it. Have to start again.
The benefits are:-
a. Loaded with Vitamin B12
b. High Source of Other B Vitamins
c. Prevents Anemia
3. By hitting someone with a stick you could prevent them from being electrocuted. Getting a shock causes your muscles to tense up, it can prevent a person holding a live wire from being able to let go. If you can’t turn off the source of electricity, you can help them by finding a long hard object, like a stick and whacking them with it to break the circuit.
4. A French company created a pair of digital hot pants that doubles as a GPS system by vibrating while you walk.The shorts connect to your phone via bluetooth and send vibrations to each side of your body indicating when and where to turn. They can also alert you to texts and phone calls or buzz when you are running late.
5. Freddie Mercury really loved cats. He had a vest with portraits of his cats painted on it, wrote songs about some of them and had albums dedicated to not only his favorite cats, but to all the cat lovers across the universe. At one point he lived with as many as 10 in Garden Lodge, Mercury’s walled mansion in Kensington. While he travelled with the band, the cats stayed put in London, making it his favourite home of the many houses he had around the world.
His 1985 debut solo album, Mr Bad Guy, was dedicated to Jerry, half of his first pair, Tom and Jerry, that moved in when Mercury and his then-girlfriend Mary Austin bought them. Although Austin and Mercury split in the late Seventies, he continued to see Tom and Jerry and his feline fascination continued – as did his friendship with Austin, who gave him Tiffany, a longhaired bluepoint, a few years later.
Delilah. The inspiration for the song of the same name, the tabby was adopted and swiftly took to ruling the roost, demanding food and Mercury’s attention in equal measure. There was truth in the lyrics “when you throw a moody you’re all claws and you bite!” and “when you pee all over my Chippendale Suite”.
First Did You Know for the Year
- Bruce Springsteen said he is afraid of the Trump Presidency, he also said when President Reagan was elected that he was very afraid. I guess he is a very afraid Democrat. (He has got nothing to be afraid of.)
2. A rigorously done new study shows that those with the highest sugar intake had a four-fold increase in their risk of heart attacks compared to those with the lowest intakes. That’s 400 percent! Just one 20-ounce soda increases your risk of a heart attack by about 30 percent.
3. If you see this label
a. A four-digit code beginning with a 3 or a 4 means the produce is probably conventionally grown. The last digits of the code represent the kind of the fruit or vegetable you are buying. For example, bananas are always labeled with the code of 4011.
b. If there are five numbers, and the first is “8″, then the product is genetically modified. The label on genetically modified banana (GE-genetically engineered of GMO) would contain the numbers 84011.
c. A five-digit number that starts with a 9 means the item is organic. Organic bananas are labeled with 94011.
EWG ( The Environmental Working Group) analyzed pesticide residue testing data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Food and Drug Administration to come up with rankings for these popular fresh produce items.
The Environmental Protection Agency warns that the consumption of pesticides can lead to health problems such as “birth defects, nerve damage, cancer, and other effects that might occur over a long period of time.” Children are especially at risk of harm from pesticides.
Orangutan females give birth only about once every 8 years, the longest time between births of any mammal on earth.
Orangutans share almost 97 percent of the human DNA (scary)
A bird’s takes up about 50 percent of its head. A humans eyes take up about 5 percent of its head.
More than 70 percent of Americans consume 10 percent of their daily calories from sugar. And about 10 percent of Americans consume one in every four of their calories from sugar.
We’ve been told to swap eggs for cereal. But that recommendation is dead wrong. In fact, it’s very likely that this bad advice has killed millions of Americans.
Eggs are among the few foods that I would classify as “superfoods.” They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet.
A study showed that your risk of heart attacks doubles if sugar makes up 20 percent of your calories.
So eat up your eggs!
In one study showed, 2 eggs per day for 6 weeks increased HDL levels (Good cholesterol) by 10%
Here are 10 reasons you should be eating eggs every day.
1. Eggs Are Incredibly Nutritious
2. Eggs Are High in Cholesterol, But They Don’t Adversely Affect Blood Cholesterol
3. Eggs Raise HDL (The “Good”) Cholesterol
4. Eggs Contain Choline – an Important Nutrient That Most People Don’t Get Enough of
5. Eggs Turn LDL Cholesterol From Small, Dense to Large, Linked to a Reduced Risk of Heart Disease
6. Eggs Contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Antioxidants That Have Major Benefits For Eye Health
7. In the Case of Omega-3 or Pastured Eggs, They Lower Triglycerides as Well
8. Eggs Are High in Quality Protein, With All The Essential Amino Acids in The Right Ratios
9. Eggs do NOT Raise Your Risk of Heart Disease and May Reduce The Risk of Stroke
10. Eggs Are Highly Fulfilling and Tend to Make You Eat Fewer Calories, Helping You to Lose Weight
Bottom Line: Egg consumption consistently leads to elevated levels of HDL (the “good”) cholesterol, which is linked to a reduced risk of many diseases.
Yields: 8 cups
1 large glass/metal jar or bowl that has a wide opening. You want to avoid using a plastic jar or bowl because the chemicals in the plastic can leach into the kombucha during the fermentation period. It’s also possible that ceramic pots might cause lead to leach into the kombucha once the acid comes into contact with the ceramic glaze. Look for a big metal or glass jug/jar/bowl online or in large kitchen stores, and make sure the opening is wide enough to allow a lot of oxygen to reach the kombucha while it ferments.
1 large piece of cloth or dish towel to secure around the opening of the jar with a rubber band. It’s not recommended to use a cheese cloth since this allows particles to pass through. You can even try using an old thin cotton t-shirt or some simple cotton fabric from any textile store.
1 SCOBY disk. You will need to purchase a “SCOBY” disk and can find one either in health food stores or online at very inexpensive prices. A SCOBY disk can be vacuumed-sealed in a small pouch and shipped directly to your house for only a few dollars, while still preserving all of the active yeast ingredients.
8 cups of water (preferably filtered, but people who use tap water feel this works fine too). Some prefer using distilled water which will contain less contaminants or metals than tap water will. Distilled water is inexpensive (only like 88 cents a gallon) and can be found at most large drug or convenience stores.
1/2 cup organic cane sugar or honey. When it comes to sugar substitutions, some feel that it’s not a good idea to substitute cane sugar for another kind of sugar, honey, stevia or anything else. On the other hand some people have reported making kombucha successfully with raw honey. The quality of the sugar is important in order to avoid contaminants, so look for organic sugar. Yes, this is one of the few times we’ll tell you to use real sugar! Most of it is actually “eaten” by the yeast during the fermentation process, so there is very little sugar actually left in the recipe by the time you consume it.
4 black tea bags (preferably organic which some people have reported works better). Some people also like to use green tea, although black tea is the kind used traditionally in most cases.
1 cup of pre-made kombucha, which you can either buy or use from a previous kombucha batch that you or a friend made.
1. Bring your water to boil in a big pot on the stovetop. Once boiling, remove from the heat and add your teabags and sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
2. Allow the pot to sit and the tea to steep for about 15 minutes, then remove and discard tea bags.
3. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature (which usually takes about one hour). Once it’s cooled, add your tea mixture to your big jar/bowl. Drop in your SCOBY disk and 1 cup of pre-made kombucha.
4. Cover your jar/bowl with your cloth or thin kitchen towel, and try to keep the cloth in place by using a rubber hand or some sort of tie. You want the cloth to cover the wide opening of the jar and stay in place, but be thin enough to allow air to pass through.
5. Allow the kombucha to sit for 7–10 days depending on the flavor you’re looking for. Less time produces a weaker kombucha that tastes less sour, while a longer sitting time makes the kombucha ferment even longer and develop more taste. Some people have reported fermenting kombucha for up to a month with great results, so taste test the batch every couple of days to see if its reached the right taste and level of carbonation you’re looking for.
Life is Good Its the best It can Be
Author: Lesley Voth
I have to say in a grateful way
In the past two weeks or more I have had a wonderful stay
First of all at the beginning of march was my sons wedding
A few days later off to USA, Actually to Houston Texas they were heading
From all accounts they had a great time felt so much at ease
Thank you Dave and my friends for giving them some lifetime memories
For me well I headed off To Queanbeyan, near Canberra on my bike
A good 8 1/2 hours ride so it was quite the hike
Franny’s Birthday I had to be there
To miss that I would not dare
Plenty of Bollinger, yep we drank most of the night
Had to celebrate the girls party with the best right?
After the party a couple of days later
Headed off to Bermagui with the Pugs, what could be greater
Well ‘Sugar’ not into this travel thing as she griped most of the way
The two boys Ziggie and Gus for them asleep in the back, was such a relaxing day
Three lovable pugs so cute they are the best
They ran themselves ragged, once they got home they had to rest
Donna and I we swam each day and to the beach we walked
Great time together also ate, drank, slept and talked
Caught a few fish which we cooked on the BBQ
It was so enjoyable but time flew
Franny arrived a couple of days before the end
We did a few chores around the place, productive time we did spend
Well back to Canberra we all took off Sunday
Monday packed my bike, headed off Tuesday sad but the end of my stay
Another 8 1/2 ride and so really pleasant warm and still
The temperatures fantastic, Had to watch out for Roos and wombats, a lot of road kill
I am so pleased I came back on that day
Cause the temperatures fell like big time would have been uncomfortable in a big way
There is nothing worse like riding in the freezing cold
But riding in warm weather is a feeling to great to behold
Well here I am back in Queenscliffe, what a great place
A little chilly, good coffee and for a couple of weeks this is my base
Yep March was a busy time for me
But I had a great time from the Pictures you see
Life is good I am blessed, the best it can be
These look delicious
1 3/4 cups oat flour (can sub for rolled oats, oat bran or quick oats)*
1/4 cup coconut flour (can sub for almond or extra oat flour)**
2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used coconut palm sugar)***
1 T pumpkin pie spice (or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and a dash of ginger)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup cashew butter (can sub for any nut butter)
1/4 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for any sticky sweetener)**** Maple maybe
1 T + milk of choice*****
Cinnamon and granulated sweetener of choice, to coat bites in (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, heat your nut butter with your sticky sweetener until combined. Mix in your vanilla extract. Pour your wet mixture and pumpkin to the dry mixture and mix well. Depending on consistency, either add dairy free milk of choice or extra flour until a firm texture is formed.
Using your hands, form into small bite sized balls. Roll balls in optional cinnamon/sugar mixture and place on a baking tray or plate. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to firm up.