- When you hang Eucalyptus in the shower the steam from the hot shower releases its oil which relies headache, reduces stress, eases muscle soreness and decongests the nasal passages.
2. Difference between a conventional (caged chicken) egg and a pasture raised egg.
A study done in Australia and published in the Australian Women’sWeekly, regarding women and alcohol say that:- 13.7% of women over 50 drink alcohol daily (thats me). 43.1 % of women say they drink at least weekly. 9.5% of women of all ages drink daily. I guess approximately 33.7% do not drink at all.
GreenPaws Flea and Tick Products Directory is an excellent resource to gauge the safety of your pet’s products (and to find safer alternatives). If y0u go to this site and put in the product you intend to use on your animal it will assist if possible to inform you of its toxicity. It has been disclosed in research that poisons in tick collars can also poison children and adults. Especially children when playing with their pets so it is important to make sure you are using a less harmful tick and flea collar.
5. A Pescatarian is a person who is “one whose diet includes fish but no other meat.” It also includes fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, healthy fats Who knew – not me
- According to Harvard researchers people who worry about being on time experience more stress than those who don’t . Also those who have a nonplussed attitude towards traffic jams may save their lives because of it.
2. The Parker institute for cancer immunotherapy found in a study on Melanoma’s that those who have a diet that is fibre rich found that the treatment was five times more effective than those who had a diet high in sugars and processed food which resulted in poor outcomes.
3. 7.4 million kilos of added sodium, Aussie adults consume every year. That equates to more than double the recommended 5g of salt a day.
Signs you are consuming too much salt.
a. Kidney stones
b. Inflammation and weight gain
c. Cardiovascular disease
d. Cognitive decline
e. Decreased bone heath
4. Buckwheat pillows have been used in Japan for years as their health benefits are: The buckwheat pillow mould better to your neck and hold your head in a more natural position than feathers or artificial fillings. You can find them on Amazon
5. If you rise at what they call ‘Sparrow Fart’ in the morning the chances are so did your parents. Its in your DNA. But here is the good thing researchers have found that morning people correlate with improved wellbeing and also have lower risks of developing depression and schizophrenia.
Very true. Had to think about that for a while as one does when Eckhart has profound words. Thinking is good we don’t do enough of it. I mean constructive thinking. We are entertained by so many things we never actually sit and think about creative ideas any more. I think I speak for a lot of us.
- Stress – 62% of workers think their social media use can cause stress and affect their performance. 1 in 5 workers experience stress after receiving a friend request from their boss. Spending time on social media can take time and energy away from work, and that can cause stress. I would have thought that solution would have been easy, don’t spend time on social media while at work
2. Viagra can make you color blind – This is not a worry for normal doses. Taking too much can affect the cones of the eyes that help you see color. One case as example is that a 31-year-old man saw re for nearly a year.
3. Over 53 drugs interact with Grapefruit juice – Grapefruit contains a chemical that can affect how medicines are absorbed. eg too much statins or too little antihistamines of what you need and can have harmful consequences.
4. Don’t follow-up your pills with mouth wash – some antibiotics can react negatively with alcohol which is an ingredient of mouth wash. Metronildazole given for dental infections, taken in conjunction with alcohol may cause stomach pains, nausea, headaches. flushing and sometimes vomiting.
5. Dont lie down for about an hour after taking tablets – It slows down the pill’s ability to reach the stomach.
Source – Body and Soul Australia
- It is still a hanging offense in Texas to steal cattle or to put graffiti on someone else’s cow. It is also illegal to indecently expose or swear in front of a corpse in Texas. In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose on the beach.
Source Fact Retriever
2. Genetic research shows that the Shar-Pei is the one of the most ancient breeds that exists and is one of the very first breeds to split from dogs’ wolf ancestors. Its closest relatives are the Shiba Inu, Akita, and Chow Chow.
3. Just inhaling coffee may reverse the effects that stress and sleep deprivation have on your body.
Drink coffee to send a wake-up call to the brain? Or just smell its rich, warm aroma? An international group of scientists is reporting some of the first evidence that simply inhaling coffee aroma alters the activity of genes in the brain according to Sciencedaily.com
4. Cholesterol is important for an embryo’s healthy development. Nearly 1 in 9,000 babies is born with a birth defect linked to the fetus’ failure to make the cholesterol it needs
5. If a man can’t decide what to wear on a date, he might want to wear blue. Studies show that women are attracted to men in blue.
6. Drinking water first thing in the morning helps fuel your brain. Drinking water first thing in the morning can help you fight sicknesses. Drinking water first thing in the morning jump-starts your metabolism.
People everywhere are discovering the life-changing power of Kangen Water®
Make your own healthy, alkaline, antioxidant drinking water that’s rich in minerals and purged of impurities, right in your own home!
Change Your Water – Change Your Life
Enagic® International Distributor
(281) 918-9687 or go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com
There are times when the stress in your life takes your breath away. Your mind scrambles and you are unable to think or take action in a practical, calm way. You can’t always go to the beach for a beautiful quiet place or under a beautiful tree or pasture sometime you are in traffic, in a hotel room, somewhere that is not so aesthetically beautiful. You need to take action just where you are.
Two things I do:
1. Stop just sit still, or stand still count to 10 – Just be still. (thats what I call an Oh Shit! moment)
2. Breathe – Don’t panic, Take four deep deep breaths before you do anything. This is a good practice when someone has upset you and you need to do this before you reply. It will help you to stop saying something you may regret later.
Here are some suggested ways to reduce stress, naturally:
- Give your mind a break from information overload. We live in a world that includes too many forms of stimuli, like television, radio, cell phones and the Internet. Make a sincere effort to get away from this by turning them off when not needed. We all need time in the day to shut down the noise. Be silent and just listen. Make a time before the family wake up. I find that 5am is a good time for me for those night owls maybe once everyone is in bed shut that tv off and just sit in silence for even a couple of minutes to start increase the time as the weeks go by. You will find your sleep will be more restful and your energy levels will increase. Always have a full glass of filtered water before you go to bed and when you rise. Going to bed hydrated will allow that good night sleep that is so essential to our bodies.
- Start meditating. Find a quiet spot in your home or office and learn mindful meditation techniques to clear the mind of all the day’s stresses. Learn to listen to your body by deeply breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth, making note of your heartbeat and the sensations of your body.
- Allow positive thoughts to replace negative ones. Focus on the good things in your life and let those things that don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things dissipate. By paying attention to the positives, the negatives won’t seem as powerful in your life. Before you go to sleep write down 5 things that you are grateful for that has happened in that day. I have a note book by my bed so that it reminds me to do this. Believe me it makes a difference.
- Some time in the morning or evening get outside and take a brisk walk, ride a bike or go for a run around your community. Bring extra Kangen Water® to keep hydrated during exercise. Taking in the fresh air and clean water will have a naturally refreshing effect on your spirit. Good time to go for a walk hand in hand with your spouse and or kids.
DONE! Day 22 – My work is done. Hopefully this small effort has made anyone who has been watching any one of the last 22 days, aware of the traumas that our veterans suffer while away and on their return home. So let us all be compassionate and helpful in anyway we can. Donation would be good at ‘Getheadstrong.org‘
Mind you I must add this was the second take, I actually did 44 pushups as my camera man cut my head out of the picture in the first video. I was breathing a little heavy in the second take.
The reason for 22 days and 22 pushups is the recognition and awareness of proven statistical evidence that there are at least 22 veterans commit suicide each day in the United States Of America and a growing number in Australia. There has been 274 suicides in Australia since 1999.
For most of us, we can not comprehend the trauma that they experience and how tolerant and supportive we must be for those who fight for our freedoms. It is not only tragic for our vets it is certainly heartbreaking for the families of these young men and women.
Today I nominate Mitch King to take the challenge.
No pressure . If you can great, if not that’s ok too.
But once you accept, you start tomorrow. The rules are simple:
* Once you are nominated your 22 days starts the following day.
* Every day you record yourself doing 22 push ups, try your best to reach 22. If that means doing assisted push ups (from your knees) or you have to stop and take a break, that is fine but try to get them all done in one video.
* Every day the push-ups must be in a different location.
* Every day you just nominate a different person.
* And finally have fun with this!
This a great way to have fun and let these courageous Men and Women who put their life on the line and those suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) know that someone is thinking about them.
You can make donations to assist in the rehabilitation of our veterans with PTSD on the website of ‘Getheadstrong.org‘
Crisis line in USA
Crisis line in Australia