The sale of Sparking water in the USA has risen 42% since 2011 according to statistics done in 2016. Sparkling water can be natural or man-made. Of course Natural is the better alternative, like sparkling mineral water which is naturally carbonated and contains minerals and straight from the source. Not all Sparkling mineral water is naturally sparkling so some companies add Carbon dioxide to give it bubbles.
Seltzer Water vs. Club Soda – Choose neither – sparkling water you absolutely want to stay away from is one that contains artificial flavors, colors and/or additives. That is those healthy looking mineral drinks like Orange, lime, grapefruit etc.
Club soda contains sodium, but seltzer is typically sodium-free. If you have a health problem with salt the Club Soda is not the one for you.
Natural Sparkling Water Benefits
Doctors recommend non-sparkling (Kangen of course in my opinion ) water over sparkling, but sparkling water definitely wins over high-sugar soda and juices. Sparkling water lowers the pH of water, making it more acidic, and one of the things that causes dental erosion.
pH of flavored sparkling waters is concerning. Carbonating of water lowers its pH to around a 5.
This I find rather interesting. Researchers have found that the sensation we experience when we drink a carbonated beverage like sparkling water is due to a reaction that occurs inside our mouths that changes carbon dioxide bubbles into irritating carbonic acid. So that exhilarating “bite” of carbonation is actually chemical rather than physical.
Basically the end the recommendation is opting for regular water with ph of 8 – 9.5 the vast majority of the time or using natural flavors like lemon, cucumber or waterelon. Those natural infusions also helps to create a higher pH level.
It may or may not interest you, but it did me.
Sample: 159,266 votes
Source: Drudge Report 2015
1. A former math professor with a PhD from Stanford University specializing in statistics has won the lottery FOUR times.
Joan Ginther, 63, won almost $21 million since her winning spree began in 1993. At the time that she won the fourth jackpot, the AP wrote that her chances of winning the lottery was 1 in 18 septillion, (18 with 24 zeros after it) almost an impossibility.
2. In exchange for Pepsi products, Russia gave Pepsi 17 submarines, a cruiser, a frigate, and a destroyer. The countertrade arrangement where the rights to sell Russian vodka in the US in exchange for Pepsi (to be sold in Russia) was a huge story in the 1990’s.
With 17 submarines, this meant that, for a short period of time, Pepsi-Cola had the world’s seventh largest submarine fleet. Eventually the fleet of 20 naval vessels will be sold for scrap steel, thereby paying for Pepsi products being moved to the Soviet Union.
3. The Iconic Wall street charging bull is an illegal piece of street art. The 7,100 pound bronze sculpture was originally created by Arturo Di Modica who spent about $360,000 to build and install the bull after the 1987 stock market crash as a symbol of “Strength, power and hope” for the American people. It was installed outside the New York Stock Exchange as a gift to the City on December 15 1989. The same day it was towed away by the NYPD and impounded. Because of public outcry it was brought back and placed “temporarily” back at the north end of Bowling Green Park where it stands today. The bull is still technically a “temporary installment. The city does not own the sculpture and it has been for sale By Di Modica since 2004 on the condition that the buyer does not move it from its current location
4. One in 200 men are related to 13th century Mongolian leader Genghis Khan.
(that guy must have been very busy)
An international team of geneticists has made the astonishing discovery that more than 16 million men in central Asia have the same male Y chromosome as the great Mongol leader. His enthusiastic mating habits had created a lineage of more than 20,000 individuals,’ said team leader Dr Chris Tyler-Smith. ‘That now appears to account for around 8% of the men in central Asia.
5. Einstein’s eyes are currently sitting in a safe deposit box in NYC. Dr. Thomas Harvey removed Einstein’s eyeballs and gave them to Einstein’s eye doctor, Henry Adams. To this day, they remain in a safe deposit box in New York City.
I know it sounds a little over the top but the Statistics are quite surprising. I think we all know if we “Burn the candle at both ends” our tempers fray and we don’t feel so good in time. Our bodies become stressed.
So when you can, get a good nights sleep.
These are very interesting statistics.
I for one have a great love for water, I drink it, I love to live by it, I love to hear it, I love swimming in it, I love bathing in it, I love paddling on it, and one time when my life seemed very dark I believe the ocean kept me sane and of great comfort. I would sit on the beach and just feel it, watch it for hours.
I don’t know who wrote these words but they are well said.
These Statistics boggle the mind. Something to consider before you head off to college.
Created by: Online University