1. Love this one – According to the British Medical Journal, Women who had more that three alcoholic drinks a week over 10 years reduced their rheumatoid arthritis risk by about half – Drink on ladies
2. Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms and babies will cry more. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration hence its use for legal ads. It also speeds metabolism.
3. A bird’s heart beats 400 times per minute while resting and up to 1000 beats per minute while flying.
4. At the height of its power, in 400 BC , the greek city of Sparta had 25,000 citizens and 500,000 slaves.
5. In medieval France cheating wives were made to chase a chicken through town Naked.
6. The “Zip” in the Zip code stands for Zone Improvement Plan.