Not sure if I would take this too seriously. It is a study for the Northern part of the hemisphere so those in the South – its not really a study for you. Anyway its interesting.
Can’t understand a word they are saying, but as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I think the baseball players were quite impressed.
1.You can figure out which way is south if you are near a tree stump. the growth rings are wider on the south side. Growth is more lush on the side of the tree facing the south in the Northern Hemisphere and vice versa in the Southern Hemisphere. Growth is more vigorous on the side toward the equator and the tree growth rings will be more widely spaced.
2. The shortest war on record was fought between Zanzibar (now part of Tanzania) and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
3. A Cockroach can live for 4 weeks with no head (Interesting but Gross). Their necks would seal off just by clotting. The hardy vermin breathes through spiracles, or little holes in each body segment.
4. A bee sting is acidic and a wasp sting is alkali. To treat a sting by one of these you should use the opposite type of chemical. Suggested for bee’s deodorant or calamine lotion. Bicarbonate of soda for wasps.
5. Each time lightning strikes, some Ozone gas is produced, thus strengthening the Ozone Layer in the Earth’s atmosphere. The lightning bolt is 3 times hotter than the sun.
6. A mule is a cross between a male donkey and a female horse. A Hinny is a cross between a male horse and a female donkey. A Zonkey or Zeedonk is a zebra/donkey cross.