I loved this and the choice of songs
Tag Archives: songs
1. Researchers from South Australia’s Flinders University analized data of 68,000 people in 64 countries and found that taking an extra 3500 steps and spending an addition 45 minutes on the move each day resulted in weight loss of about 1.5kgs. This program needs to be done for 100 days to see the result. Not so bad eh?
2. Starting a Journal – To be calmer, more organized and reach your goals then start Journaling. According to researchers it will help you with all these aims in life. Just jot down 5 things to be grateful for each day, keep jotting down the goals you want to reach and read them each night before sleep. It has been proven that it will help with better sleeping and calmer approach to life.
3. To know your heart rate when exercising can help find the so called ‘Sweet Spot’ for your health benefit. The target is 50-70 percent of your maximum heart rate which is usually 220 beats per minute minus your age. The Cleveland Clinic in the USA says a fitness tracker is a good option to monitor this.
4. Eating Chocolate quite frequently can boost your visual-spatial memory, working memory and abstract reasoning among other mental benefits. This I read in the Australian Courier Mail newspaper and it sounds good to me. They did not say where the information came from so just eat away.
5. Research has shown that men who took Ginkgo Biloba, 76% reported an increase in their sexual function and erections.
6. 59% of people who say others become more attractive when they play songs they love. Source – The Music makes it home study
1. 25 Billion number of songs that have been downloaded from iTunes in the past decade, which equals an average of 6.8 million downloads per day.
2. 268,000 tweets per minute Beyoncé’s fierce halftime Superbowl performance generated .
3. 500 years ago King Richard 111 remains were buried in Leicester. They were recently discovered under a council car park. He was king for only 2 years. Careful Charles! Richard 111 was King of England for two years, from 1483 until his death in 1485 in the Battle of Bosworth Field.
4. It appears that cuddling is not always an act of for-play. According to the researchers at Michigan University, only one in every six cuddles lead to sex. It fact it seems that most couples use a cuddle to start a conversation about their day. But on the other hand there study showed that those that cuddle a lot have a better sex life. The couch, armchair and bed seems to be the most popular spots.
5. Researchers for the ‘All India Institute of Medical Sciences’ have developed a patch that will destroy basal cell carcinomas in just three tree hour outpatient treatments over the course of a week in 80% of the patients treated. The patch apparently contains a radioactive substance called isotope phosphorus – 32 which targets the lesions but not harming deeper tissue. Bad news is it is not on the market yet. The usual tests have to be done by the appropriate departments to confirm its safety. Good news though I would say.
6. According to the journal of aging and physical activity , there is a 14% jump in older adults performance on working-memory tests after they strength trained using increasing resistance three days a week for six months.