The sale of Sparking water in the USA has risen 42% since 2011 according to statistics done in 2016. Sparkling water can be natural or man-made. Of course Natural is the better alternative, like sparkling mineral water which is naturally carbonated and contains minerals and straight from the source. Not all Sparkling mineral water is naturally sparkling so some companies add Carbon dioxide to give it bubbles.
Seltzer Water vs. Club Soda – Choose neither – sparkling water you absolutely want to stay away from is one that contains artificial flavors, colors and/or additives. That is those healthy looking mineral drinks like Orange, lime, grapefruit etc.
Club soda contains sodium, but seltzer is typically sodium-free. If you have a health problem with salt the Club Soda is not the one for you.
Natural Sparkling Water Benefits
Doctors recommend non-sparkling (Kangen of course in my opinion ) water over sparkling, but sparkling water definitely wins over high-sugar soda and juices. Sparkling water lowers the pH of water, making it more acidic, and one of the things that causes dental erosion.
pH of flavored sparkling waters is concerning. Carbonating of water lowers its pH to around a 5.
This I find rather interesting. Researchers have found that the sensation we experience when we drink a carbonated beverage like sparkling water is due to a reaction that occurs inside our mouths that changes carbon dioxide bubbles into irritating carbonic acid. So that exhilarating “bite” of carbonation is actually chemical rather than physical.
Basically the end the recommendation is opting for regular water with ph of 8 – 9.5 the vast majority of the time or using natural flavors like lemon, cucumber or waterelon. Those natural infusions also helps to create a higher pH level.
1. Buy Tea in Bags not Bottles – Twelve bottles of ice tea can cost $36 if bought individually. Tea bags are about 10 cents a piece. Put tea bags into bottle with a little sugar to taste and you have ice tea. I put a Green tea bag in my bottle for the gym, healthy and gives your water a different flavor. If you have a Water Machine(Kangen) you also have filtered, healthy PH level plus electrolyzed water.
A Saving of Approx $10
2. Buy Store brands not brand name versions. Importantly make sure the product is made in you country not in another country as it is important to support your own workers. Savings can be at least a dollar per item
3. Quit Soda – Stop drinking at least two 2 litre bottles per week and you will save approximately $120 a year and of course it is better for your health.
Go natural on manicures
Remove polish stains with a homemade whitening paste. Mix one tablespoon hydrogen peroxide with two tablespoons baking soda and apply to polish-free nails — under tips, too — for 10 minutes. Wipe off residue. Then use a nail buffer to give nails a healthy, pinkish sheen.
First Did You Know for the Year
- Bruce Springsteen said he is afraid of the Trump Presidency, he also said when President Reagan was elected that he was very afraid. I guess he is a very afraid Democrat. (He has got nothing to be afraid of.)
2. A rigorously done new study shows that those with the highest sugar intake had a four-fold increase in their risk of heart attacks compared to those with the lowest intakes. That’s 400 percent! Just one 20-ounce soda increases your risk of a heart attack by about 30 percent.
3. If you see this label
a. A four-digit code beginning with a 3 or a 4 means the produce is probably conventionally grown. The last digits of the code represent the kind of the fruit or vegetable you are buying. For example, bananas are always labeled with the code of 4011.
b. If there are five numbers, and the first is “8″, then the product is genetically modified. The label on genetically modified banana (GE-genetically engineered of GMO) would contain the numbers 84011.
c. A five-digit number that starts with a 9 means the item is organic. Organic bananas are labeled with 94011.
EWG ( The Environmental Working Group) analyzed pesticide residue testing data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Food and Drug Administration to come up with rankings for these popular fresh produce items.
The Environmental Protection Agency warns that the consumption of pesticides can lead to health problems such as “birth defects, nerve damage, cancer, and other effects that might occur over a long period of time.” Children are especially at risk of harm from pesticides.
Orangutan females give birth only about once every 8 years, the longest time between births of any mammal on earth.
Orangutans share almost 97 percent of the human DNA (scary)
A bird’s takes up about 50 percent of its head. A humans eyes take up about 5 percent of its head.