Very Very Yummy Apple Treats
Tag Archives: snacks
This is great for lunches also snacks and so easy to make and low cost effective. Plus yummy if you like prawns.
Instead of the usual chips and Pizza here are a few ideas for some snacks that are healthier and tastier to eat while watching the footy. You are more likely to eat less and feel more satisfied.
1. Mini chicken meat loaves – With tomato chutney ( 610kj /145.24 calories). Warm , savory, protein (12g) snack.
2. Sesame oven chips (1 serve) – A healthier version of hot fries. Share a bowl of these high fibre (4g) chips in front of footy. Don’t over indulge as they are high in calories (810kj/ 192calories)
3. Pop Corn – 2 cups, ( 430kj/102.38 calories )
4. Spinach and Feta rolls (2) . Look for the ones that are low in calories and salt.
5. Toasted sandwiches – Grated reduced fat cheddar cheese, tomato and extra light cream cheese between two slices of grainy bread. Cut into quarters.
6. Pastrami on pumpernickel bread – with reduced fat mayonnaise (490kj/116.67 calories ). Cut into bite size and not too many.