1. Unfortunate translation: Advertisers have to be cautious when translating their slogans. When KFC decided to bring their “finger lickin’ good” chicken to China, the translation came out as “eat your fingers off”
2. Sacred beast: Because cows are considered to be sacred in India, that country has a Bill Of Rights for Cows. The country has one – third of the world’s cattle living on three percent of the world’s land area
3. Different sorts of snack. Teens all over the world enjoy different types of snack food. In Japan, it’s not uncommon for teens to munch on a mixture of dried sardines and slivered almonds.
4, Born with horns: Baby giraffes arrive in the world sporting bony knobs on the tops of their heads. In the animal kingdom they are unique for being born with these mini horns.
5, Only Country: There are seven continents on earth. Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North American and South America. Australia is the only continent that is also a country.
6. Less than 10% of US schools have daily physical education classes for their students. Source; SGMA
7. Pollen was cited by most (79%) Americans as the most common source of allergies. Followed by grass (59%) Ragweed (54%) Trees (52%). Source: National research center
8. Today’s popular bakery cinnamon buns may contain 320 to 730 calories per bun. Source: American institute for cancer research
9. There were a total of 29,750 health clubs and 45.3 million members in the U.S. in 2009. Source: IHRSA
10. After shaving, to keep your razor-sharp and longer-lasting: Dry them with paper towel or a blow dryer. Why? Excess water on the blades causes microscopic rusting and jagged surfaces. Source: ehow.com