Tag Archives: SLEEP
I have invested in this water filtering machine and am loving it. I have always been interested in Optimizing ones health most of the time (sometimes I slip up) and this machine is everything it professes to do. It does and does well. I am totally impressed with the results from it.
When I first read about it, it sounded amazing which often is the first thing that makes me suspicious about the tale I have been sold.
Well it had a money back guarantee so I thought I would give it a go.
The first thing I noticed was that I was sleeping better that in itself was a selling point for me. I do go to bed early, round 9pm but had the habit of waking round 1 o’clock in the morning and not been able to get back to sleep. Occasionally I still wake up at that time but I fall asleep again but mostly I sleep through to 7am if the alarm does not wake me at 5am which is the time get up to prepare to go to the gym.
The other thing I have noticed is that my PH level most mornings is above 7.5 which is something I have struggled with for some time. Usually I am on the side of ‘Acidic’. So that is a plus.
I find I drink more water, as the Kangen water seems to be easier to drink than the other jug filtered water that I had been drinking for years. I have always struggled to drink 6 glasses a day. Another interesting thing is that because the water produced is micro clustering, I am able to make green tea without having to boil the water as it easily extracts the tea from the leaves which means I am able to put green tea straight in my drinking bottle which I like to drink while I am at the gym rather than just plain water.
It has a gauge on the machine that it produces what it calls beauty water. Now as you know the cosmetic companies are now packaging water in bottles and selling them as makeup removing water and for lots of other uses good for the skin. Well this machine does that also.
Anyway you can read all about it below.
Just thought I would tell you I am loving it. I am also in the business of distributing them now and also the company which is 43 years old has a business plan that is extremely profitable and unique that is if you are looking to be your own boss.
Anyway have a read. The K8 is the one I have.
Enagic Leveluk K8 Kangen water machine
The Mighty 8-Plate Anti-Oxidizer
The Kangen® 8 is now Enagic®’s most powerful antioxidant machine – featuring 8 platinum-dipped titanium plates! This additional electrode plate increases the electrolysis surface area, improves water ionization, and heightens the antioxidant production potential.
The Kangen® 8 boasts many new & convenient features:
Plug & Play – No More Switches!
Worldwide Multi-Voltage Power Supply, with Interchangeable Plug Capability
10 Second Automatic Cleaning
On-Screen E-Cleaning Instructions
Automatic Filter Sensor – No More New Filter Reset!
Energy Saving – Low Input, High Output
Large Full Color LCD Touch Screen Panel
8 Language Display & Audio in Japanese, English, French, German, Chinese, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese
Capable of producing 5 types of water:
Strong Kangen Water (11.0 pH)
Kangen Water (8.5, 9.0, 9.5 pH)
Clean Water (7.0 pH)
Acidic (Beauty) water (6.0 pH)
Strong Acidic water (2.5 ph)
Here is a book I recommend you read if you are concerned with your health, want to loose weight, can’t sleep or generally feeling sluggish.
It is not an expensive book and is really informative and how you can improve the PH of your body.
In this ground breaking book learn:
How rejuvenation enzymes destroy zombie cells.
Why purple food improves your eyesight and your memory.
All about the “cancer switch.”
How cells know what to do.
Also included is a full Rejuvenation Weekend plan for switching on your rejuvenation enzyme and revitalizing your health.
Now this part I am quite excited about.
For many years and because of the sport I participated in I have consumed gallons and gallons of water.
Up until now I have always consumed water from those filtered jugs like Brita and other jugs of the same filtering system, some good some not so good, also of course bottled water.
While they have been ok I have always found it difficult to drink the amount required to keep the body hydrated. Most days I did not meet that requirement. Mainly because I found it difficult to drink that quantity without feeling bloated and the taste was not as pure as I have now experienced. Very rarely did I drink water straight from the tap, that taste I could not handle.
What am talking about? Well about a month ago Dave and I were introduced to a filtering machine. Sits on our bench, (you can get under the bench machines.)
I love it and it is all that it is cracked up to be.
The one thing that it does live up to and that is, I now sleep like a baby. I am now hitting the pillow and going to sleep straight away and managing to get at least 7 hours good sleep at night. Previously I was lucky to get 5 hours sleep and often it was an anxious, tossing and turning type of sleep. Anyone that has sleepless nights knows what I mean.
The water is clear, soft, smooth and easy to drink and consuming the amount required is very easy in fact quite pleasant.
Most mornings my PH level reads 8.0. Rarely is my ph level lower than 7.0. (I have those ph test strips). That is a recipe for perfect health. I do try to stay with alkalizing food also. Most I have mentioned in Part One of ‘Alkalizing for Health’
I have included a video that explains this machine as it does a better job than if I had to type all this information out.
Can you remember the advert where this guy uses a razor and loves it so much he bought the Company. We’ll this is sort of what happen to us we just think this machine is magic and we have bought into the business.
I will show you later in part 3 that if you are interested how you too can get into it and make a pretty good living doing it.
But in the mean time I am really trying to show you what a great machine it is and if you are interested in improving your health this will be the best thing you have been introduced too in some time.
I do practice this every evening before I go to sleep. It allows peace of mind and a peaceful sleep in my opinion. When you listen to the benefits one should make it a lifetime practice. It is believed that it will make the stresses of life much more manageable. Totally agree.
I know I have written on this subject many times but have not come up with 30 ideas to get a good nights sleep. Even if just one of them works then I have done my job.
I will tell you which ones I have used that do or do not work. As we have been told lack of sleep can contribute to obesity, diabetes, and a chronic bad attitude, and losing a job because of it.
These ideas come from a website call the ‘Greatest‘ it has some really good articles.
27 Ways to Get A Good Nights sleep.
- Have a bedtime routine – This one does work if you stick to it. Try to get to bed at around the same time every night when you can.
- Journal – Write out stressful thoughts that are not allowing you to have a restful sleep before you go to bed. Then when in bed spend 5 minutes writing 5 things that have made you feel good that day. Now this works. It allows you to put your mind in better place before the head hits the pillow
- Tapping – Otherwise known as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). Now this is my idea. I do it often when I am particularly bothered with something. This only takes a few minutes.
This is a diagram of the points to tap and if you click on the picture you can go to the website that will tell you more about it. This is worth it.
4. Chew some magnesium – I take a magnesium tablet but pumpkin seeds are good. Consume either 30 minutes before you go to bed.
5. Chamomile tea – Try it if you like it. I don’t.
6. Exercise – If you do this regularly it can reduce anxiety and improve sleep for those who suffer from insomnia. It has been proven another benefit from physical activity is that exercise is a form of meditation and can relax the mind while you are doing exercise and you are not concentrating on the things that stress you out. Especially if you are exercising to music which I believe you cannot be stressed and listen to your favorite songs.
7. Work out early in the day – Yep I do this 5 days a week. I believe that it is better not to do too much exercise late in the after noon. Maybe a small walk but for me if I do rigorous exercise late in the afternoon gives me an adrenaline boost and peps me up for hours and I find it hard to go to sleep.
8. Power nap during the day – Works for me.
9. Bedroom for bedroom activities – Sleeping and sex nothing else. No TV, no computers, no phones, no business talk.
10. Snuggly environment – Spend a little extra on 800 thread sheets for summer, fluffy warm sheets for winter. Get that perfect mattress. Find the perfect pillows. Works for me.
11. Keep the bedroom cool – They say the best temperature is about 60 to 75 degrees. Not too cold. If it’s too cold I need a woolly hat on as my head gets cold. Not a sexy look I might add.
12. Try to get at least 7 hours sleep a night – 8 is better – Research shows that not sleeping enough can be linked to insulin resistance and of course diabetes.
13. Take a hot shower or bath – This helps the mind and body to relax. The rise and fall of body temperature induces sleepiness.
14. Try to have a wake up time – This for me depends on what time I go to the gym. I always wake up early even in the weekends when I have no reason to get up. Always wake up with the sun.
15. Make up for lost sleep – This I have heard makes no difference but in my case if I have had a late night the night before I find I am in bed a little earlier the next night or I have a nanny nap during the day
16. Keep the caffeine drinks to the morning – Not a good idea before bed.
17. Dont Toss and Turn – They say get up for 10 minutes, go to the loo or go have a cup of warm milk or glass of water and go back to bed. Another idea is pick up your favorite magazine and look at some nice homes or fashion something to take you mind off what is making you toss and turn.
18. Medication check – Check you medication it may be making you sleepless. If so go see the doctor and get it changed. I don’t take medication so that is not my problem.
19. Pets on the floor – Don’t have your pet on the bed sleeping with you as the chances it is what could be disturbing you. Make sure your pet has a nice comfortable bed on the floor and make sure he or she understands they are not welcome on the bed. I know its hard to do but once they are in the habit you will both be happy and you will not get grouchy with it.
20. Sleeping tracker – If you do have to have your smartphone in the bedroom or you could get one of those fitbit watches you are able to track your sleeping patterns. This can show you what may be disturbing your snooze time. I believe they are very good.
21. Listen to soothing music – You are able to get sound tracks of things like rivers, oceans, wind any thing that may make you feel peaceful and nod off to sleep. You can get that sort of gadget on Amazon
22. Sniff of Lavender – works well. I put a few drops on my pillow of pure lavender oil or spray what ever I have at the time, every night.
23. Muscle relaxation – Now this works but takes a bit of concentration – You need to start with the feet and work your way up your body. Often by then you fall asleep. The idea is to tighten your muscle then relax. Like tighten your muscles in the feet for a few seconds then relax. Tighten the muscles in the calf of your leg then relax etc etc till you get to the head. By that time the chances are you are snoring.
24. Breath – Now this does work – well most of the time – I find by the time I focus on 4 deep slow breaths if am ready for sleep. I do this often with success. Actually if there is any for of anxiety you are facing even if you are not in bed a deep breath really helps to calm the nerves
25. Dim the lights – Any bright lights will disturb your sleep. If you have any electronics in the room turn them off at the wall. Especially if they are a ‘blue light’ they will cause disturbance in your sleep.
26. Sunlight your best friend – Make sure you get some sunlight during the day. sunlight keeps daytime fatigue at bay, leading to more sleepiness at bedtime. That good old Vitamin D the natural way is a must and good for you in moderation.
27. Shut that Computer down – Artificial lights from computers, TVs, and cell phones might make it more difficult for the body to understand when it’s time to wind down. Try reading.
28. Drink something warm – Before you go to bed have some warm milk or milk and chocolate. Or just dark chocolate that sometimes helps.
29. Dream a little – This also works for me – I have a place that I go to when I am having trouble going to sleep. I visualize the sand and the track and the bushes on the way to my favorite beach. I visualize the waves the fish in the waves etc etc and off to La La land I go.
30. Wine – Glass of red before bed works for me