1. The Arby’s beef ‘N Cheddar classic has half the calories as the Roast Turkey ranch and bacon sandwich. Who would have known it. I would have thought the reverse.
If you are counting calories well here is a comparison list for some of these fast foods.
Sugared raised doughnut and iced latte 300 calories
Sesame seed bagel with plain cream cheese 500 calories
Cobb salad with avocado lime ranch dressing – 740 calories
Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich 440 calories.
Rib Eye and baked potato with butter and sour cream – 1,110 calories
Asiago peppercorn Sirloin biscuit and broccoli 525 Calories.
2. Houtou Wan Village is located on Gouqi Island, which belongs to a group of 394 islands known as the Shengsi Islands in the Zhoushan Archipelago.
Once a thriving settlement merely half a century ago, Houtou Wan Village was gradually deserted when the small bay could no longer meet the needs of the increasing number of fishing boats.
Nature has reclaimed the land, turning the village into a hauntingly beautiful wonderland devoid of human presence except for wandering tourists and a handful of elderly residents who refuse to leave their birthplace.
Above photo credit: Jane Qing
3. The human body knows within seconds whether someone is physically attractive or not.
Body language will give you the tools to know where you stand.
Source – Science of people
4. Wombats have cubed shaped poop. They’re all native to Australia and some of the surrounding islands. Wombats are marsupials. Like koalas, female wombats have pouches that face to the rear of their bodies, in which they carry and nurse their young. Wombats leave their cube-shaped poop as territorial signposts on the tops of rocks and logs. It is a natural ways of marking territory to prevent confrontation and promote mating.
5. Cremated ashes can now be converted into a vinyl record.
Thanks to a company called Vinyly.
That includes 12 minutes of audio per side that can include final words and memories, licensed music.
Jackets can include portraits.
1. Research has shown that coconut oil or sesame oil swished around your mouth for 20 minutes a day reduce gum disease. Apparently it is an ancient Indian remedy used to ‘Pull’ bacteria from the mouth. I practice it, but only for a couple of minutes, 20 minutes may be a bit of a push for me. It is said to help whiten your teeth.
2. A lobsters blood is colorless but when exposed to oxygen it turns blue.’ Tomalley‘ is the lobster’s liver. It turns green when cooked and is considered a delicacy. ‘Coral‘ is the red colored material and is the egg mass of a female lobster. Cooking colors the tiny eggs a deep coral or red.
3. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a pearlscent substance found in fish scales. Lip colouring started to gain some popularity in 16th century England. During the time of Queen Elizabeth I bright red lips and a stark white face became fashionable.
4. There is a new device to help prevent migraines. It is called Cefaly, it electrically zaps nerves in the forehead that are thought to be linked to the source of the debilitating headaches. They say at least 36 million Americans suffer from these headaches. Cefaly is positioned on the forehead using an adhesive electrode. Precise impulses are produced, which act on the trigeminal nerve in order to reduce pain and prevent migraine attacks.
5. Did you know that in warmer weather, tires lose air at a higher rate, reducing gas mileage and decreasing their life span. I also causes battery failure so make sure you top off the fluid and clean corrosion from the terminals and make sure the cables are tightly connected. When possible always park your car in the shade. These are good tips for those of us that lives in Texas.
Instead of the usual chips and Pizza here are a few ideas for some snacks that are healthier and tastier to eat while watching the footy. You are more likely to eat less and feel more satisfied.
1. Mini chicken meat loaves – With tomato chutney ( 610kj /145.24 calories). Warm , savory, protein (12g) snack.
2. Sesame oven chips (1 serve) – A healthier version of hot fries. Share a bowl of these high fibre (4g) chips in front of footy. Don’t over indulge as they are high in calories (810kj/ 192calories)
3. Pop Corn – 2 cups, ( 430kj/102.38 calories )
4. Spinach and Feta rolls (2) . Look for the ones that are low in calories and salt.
5. Toasted sandwiches – Grated reduced fat cheddar cheese, tomato and extra light cream cheese between two slices of grainy bread. Cut into quarters.
6. Pastrami on pumpernickel bread – with reduced fat mayonnaise (490kj/116.67 calories ). Cut into bite size and not too many.