Tag Archives: season
Mac and Cheese Steak Pasta
1 box pipette
2 teaspoons butter, unsalted
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup yellow onion, sliced
3 cups green peppers, sliced
1 ½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
6 ounces lean steak, bottom round or top sirloin, ½” diced
1 ½ cup non-fat evaporated milk
1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
1 ½ cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook the pasta according to the directions, drain
2. In a medium sized skillet, heat butter over medium heat; once butter is melted add panko breadcrumbs and mix together stirring until golden brown
3. Remove from heat and add garlic powder
4. In a large skillet heat broth over medium heat and sauté onions, peppers and mushrooms until onions are translucent and slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper
5. Add beef and cook until heated through
6. In a large saucepan whisk evaporated milk and both cheeses over medium heat; continue whisking until cheese is melted and mixture is thick
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper; add pasta into cheese mixture
8. Stir in onions, peppers and beef, coating with cheese mixture, stirring until evenly combined
9. Top with toasted breadcrumbs
Photo Credit: Lou Manna
Calories: 458.7 Fat: 13.8g Total Carb: 59g Protein: 26.5g
I happen to read this book last year after seeing him being interviewed by Oprah and on the CBS.
On the show Steve Harvey explores Love and relationships and men’s thoughts on the matter.
He had approx 150 females in his audience and about a 1000 men. The woman was asking relationship questions. Harvey together with his sharp humor was putting up a choice of 3 answers and the guys were giving their choice via a survey.
I laughed my butt off. It was so funny and rather insightful.
I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I think the next one is on this afternoon (09/09/2015). I of course record it and watch it with my husband in the evening.
The book was very light-hearted , not to serious with great clarity. I chuckled through the book as we as females are really lost when it come to thinking we know what is going on in our mans brain.
This a video and Steve Harvey is talking about the book. I just laugh listening to him I find his humor very funny.
This book I read about 3 years ago. Probably the best book I have read about helping one understand their relationship with their partner.
I notice since I read the book he has expanded his books to ‘Singles’ ‘Children’ &’Mens edition’ just to mention a few.
It basically determines which language of Love that is suited to you and that of your partner.
It’s a great builder of a rather diminishing relationship of a long marriage or not so long partnership.
Sometimes we really do not know our partners as well as we think we do.
I have actually given this book to many of my friends and find that not one of them have said that ‘This book is not for me’. They have all had great things to say about it.
I cannot recommend this book enough. I especially like the look of the 5 languages of love for children. We are all inclined to treat our children in the same way but each one has a different language of love which could make a difference to your relationship with them especially if they are teenagers.
Both of these books will be great gifts for Christmas
Because if you don’t do different nothing will change
I have always been interested in organic gardening and of course buy organic food when I can. If you able to grow your own vegetables and fruit well you have a handle on your health and well being.
Dr Dirt, a name he is well known for, has some great advice if you are contemplating growing your own produce.
There is also advice on how to get an early start to the growing season in a cold climate. How to save and protect plants that would not normally survive cold weather.
If you don’t do different nothing will change
After all the rain we had, Saturday afternoon was just fantastic. The temperature was great and the sky was clear.
This is what we do in Texas on a Saturday when it is Crawfish season.
I did over indulge but oh those crawfish was just soooo good.