1. In Japan – Beer cans have braille on them so blind people don’t accidentally get drunk.
In braille it says: “alcohol.” Asahi beer for reference…
3. In 2014, UK scientists created the fastest ever Internet connection – Clocking speeds of 1.4 terabits per second – enough to download 44 HD movies per second.
4. That flavor is a marker for the uncontaminated nutritional value of your food – Chemical Technology has developed a smoke screen for bad quality food by masking the flavor with a inferior quality ingredients to make the food taste great with no nutritional value. The great taste and aroma can fool consumers to think they are eating food of wholesome quality. Hence we have continued history of increased bad health and obesity .
My saying which is probably not the best example being sausages. If you are having a meal of just sausage you will probably only eat one. Put tomato sauce on them you will probably eat a whole lot more. Reason being the salt and sugar and additives in the tomato sauce will stimulate your taste buds. Just sayin.
5. Mushrooms are more closely related to humans than they are to plants – The major difference between a plant (vegetable) and mushroom is how they acquire their food. In the case of plants, they possess chlorophyll and make their food via photosynthesis. Fungi, on the other hand, exist on decaying material in nature. Also the obvious structural differences, such as lack of leaves, roots, and seeds.So fungi now have their own kingdom on the basis of cellular organization.
Source Go to the source to find out more
Not sure if I would take this too seriously. It is a study for the Northern part of the hemisphere so those in the South – its not really a study for you. Anyway its interesting.
- According to the University of Manchester in the UK, loud music can make you feel happier. Be careful though they say, ‘too loud may risk permanent hearing damage’. I believe this survey to be true as I go into my ‘happy place’ when I put my ear buds in and listen to my music which I have to say is rather loud.
2. Good news for chocolate lovers. A British medical review of research on 114,000 people found that those who ate the most chocolate had a 37 percent decreased risk of developing heart disease and 29 percent decreased risk of suffering a stroke compared to those who ate less or abstained completely. 70% cacao is supposed to be the best for your health.
3. There is a way to outsmart a habit – US scientists say that up to 40% of your daily actions are actually habits formed over the years. It is basically your brains way of conserving effort or discomfort. However you can outsmart them by trading an old habit for a new one such as replacing a sugar fix with a walk. Replacing a cigarette for a piece of chewing gum or maybe go work in the garden. It helps the brain believe you can change
4. I read this on the packet of Dr Sheffields toothpaste – Dr Sheffield was the inventor of toothpaste in a tube since 1850.
FLUORIDE IS A DRUG THAT CAN BE ACUTELY TOXIC IF SWALLOWED IN LARGE AMOUNTS.
You may know that fluoride can be found in your drinking water; however, you may not know that it is also in many processed beverages and foods containing water. Including juice, beer and even your morning cup of coffee. Currently, over 200 million American’s are dosed daily with fluoride making it the most widely distributed drug in America.
A SIMPLE CHOICE:
Did you know that the mucous membranes in the mouth allow chemicals to pass directly into the blood stream where they can accumulate into toxic levels.
Most of us in the modern chemical based world are constantly exposed to all sorts of toxic substances in the air we breathe, in the water we drink (Plug for Kangen water) , and in the food we eat. We should strive to eliminate any source of contamination that we can, and try to stay as toxin free as possible. We may not be able to control everything, but we can control what we choose to place in our mouth and the mouths of our children.
You can only buy this at a CVS store in America. Sorry everyone else, but there are other brands that do not have fluoride in their toothpaste
5. The queen broke with protocol and allowed her troops to play the US national anthem for the first time ever during the changing of the guard ceremony as a tribute to the 9/11 victims and the Americans in England who were unable to return home.
I thought this was interesting. Having lost some of my friends with cancer I am always interested in future cures for this debilitating disease.
This was sent to me yesterday and thought I would share it with you.