1.Cost Estimator: Repairpal.com gives free quotes for car repairs and recommends competent repair shops.
2. The cheapest gas day of the week: In 29 States in the US are to be bought on Monday according to GasBuddy.com You can save up to $30 a year.
3. Older driver course: AARP offers a driver course and you may save about $100 per year on your car insurance. I notice Whitefish High school does as well.
4. Outside airport for Car Rentals: Choose a location near the airport for a rental car. Not at the Airport. Go to Autoslash.com to track your reservation and apply deals and coupons
5. Humanesociety.org – For a list of programs offering assistance with pet expenses. Search for “affording your pet” on the site
1. Buy Tea in Bags not Bottles – Twelve bottles of ice tea can cost $36 if bought individually. Tea bags are about 10 cents a piece. Put tea bags into bottle with a little sugar to taste and you have ice tea. I put a Green tea bag in my bottle for the gym, healthy and gives your water a different flavor. If you have a Water Machine(Kangen) you also have filtered, healthy PH level plus electrolyzed water.
A Saving of Approx $10
2. Buy Store brands not brand name versions. Importantly make sure the product is made in you country not in another country as it is important to support your own workers. Savings can be at least a dollar per item
3. Quit Soda – Stop drinking at least two 2 litre bottles per week and you will save approximately $120 a year and of course it is better for your health.
Buy reconditioned products – The meaning of this is the product has been returned to the factory where it was inspected and refurbished to working order. You may need to ignore the scratches and make sure that it comes with a warranty. An example is say a cordless drill that goes for $238 new can be brought refurbished for $157 – Saving $81
Make your own salad dressing – A store-bought salad dressing can cost about $3 or more. Make your own.
A vinaigrette dressing is :- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup of olive oil and pepper to taste. Put in a nice container and shake before using. Save about $1.50 a week if you eat salad most days (half a bottle) – Saving around $75 a year
This would be a great challenge for the kids. This would give them the challenge and the excitement of saving that much of their allowance money.
You don’t have to buy a thumb drive again.
Dropbox is a free service that gives you online store to share files and sync your files online. That way you don’t need a thumb drive to transfer information from computer to computer.
Free online tools like Mint and Level Money help you better track your spending, save money and figure out where you can make cuts
Education Benefits – Get your employer to help foot the bill for your education. You may receive up to $5,250.00 in tax free education benefits from your employer each year. This is for USA only
Keep Deer Away – Pouring or spraying a “rotten egg” cocktail around your plants will keep deer from eating them. Just mix six raw eggs in two gallons of water and let it sit outside for a week. The smell will keep Bambi at bay
Sounds like the smell might keep everyone away – just saying
Save On Dry Cleaning – You can save on dry-cleaning with a home dry-cleaning kit from Woolite and Dryel that works in your dryer.
The dry cleaning kits are very good for freshening sweaters and slacks also.