- Pineapple Juice
3. Trash you can save in one year
4. valerian root.
That there’s an herb that has been used to ease insomnia, anxiety and nervous restlessness since the second century A.D.? This natural and herbal sleep aid is called valerian root.
1. Hire a Haggler – Companies such as BillFixers and Shrinkabill will haggle with your cable TV company or other service providers for one-third to half of your first year savings. BillFixers claims it saves clients an average of $300 per year.
2. Become a YouTube handy man – I have friends that use this all the time. The video’s show you how to fix the latch spring on your microwave door and that cold save you $150. It can be used for many household repairs. How and when to plant trees and that could save you killing your very expensive tree. (I have been known to do this).
3. Take a Driving class – Some insurers can offer up to 15% off for older drivers who take an online safety course – that’s up to $675 over three years on a typical policy. Drive-Safely is one of the online sites
Get cell service from a mob online network operator such as Tello or Ting (I have Ting). You will pay full price for your phone but after that you could save about $30 a month over major carriers.
Split costs – Membership for an Amazon Prime account can be shared between two adults and up to 4 kids in a household. Potential saving $49.50 a year
Plan to rent a car on vacation – Pack your toll pass transponder device. Many can be used at Toll Plazas in other states if you are in America. In Illinois for example vehicles with an I-Pass device pay half of what the cash lane charges. You will save $7.50 or more in some cases.
Sign up for a twitter feed that offers deals – Example – @AmazonDeals, @RetailMeNot, @couponkid (recently tweeted a $10 coupon with a purchase of $100 at hotels.com) @AARPMemberAdv on twitter for alerts available to AARP members
- Some Grease and grime on hands – Usually a tub of hand cleaner is around $10 . You can use a teaspoon of cooking oil and some sugar , it works equally well. Some say a teaspoon of peanut butter (❤️ peanut butter so a waste in my eyes). That is a $10 save
2. The carrier on top of your car – Remove it when possible. It can reduce gas mileage by 25%. That is a three gallon waste per fill up or about $8 in gas.
Well that is kinda the name of one of my books (“Small Savings Make A Big Fortune – 1069 ways you can save now”), but here is a few new ideas that I will give you each day till I run out.
- Travel with a water bottle – I actually travel with an empty water bottle with a filter in it. I fill the water bottle after I have gone through security and just before I board the plane. The filter of course takes out a lot of the chemicals and chorine taste in the water from the tap. This will save you at least $5 as that is the usual cost per liter bottle from the stores at the airport. Round trip save $10
2. For Some Meds skip your insurance – This of course is for those who live in America – Ask your pharmacist about the retail price of your prescription medication. The reason is it might be cheaper to pay that price as an example – the diabetes medication Metformin costs about $4 for a month supply while the average copay is $11 – Saving $7