Now I love Salmon and try to have it at least once a week. I have not tried this recipe as yet but intend to as it looks delicious and healthy.
Tag Archives: Salmon
As soon as this ice rain disappears I am going to get some smoked salmon and try this. It looks so yummy and healthy to say the least. Not too many calories either I would say.
Dôme Dome! Smoked Salmon, Avocado & egg flowing: the perfect combo
- Avocado – One of my very favorite foods. I have at least 1 to 1/2 an avocado a day. It helps protect the heart, aids with digestion and is also a natural hormone balancer. It ensures your brain is making the right chemicals to feel great. So pop some on your toast in the morning it might help with road rage on the way to work as in most places the traffic is crazy
- Grapes – Great take along snack. They are packed with anti Oxidants. Flavonoids being one of them which has been found to affect moods in a positive way. Great also for kids lunches and yours.
- Oysters – Best known as an aphrodisiac which would make most happy. With oysters of course its all about the benefits from Zinc and anti – inflammarory properties. Zinc is known as a pick me up which most of us lack, but oysters also have a good supply of selenium which helps protect us from stress. So eat up the oysters when you can.
- Raw nuts – Also another form of take along snack. Full of serotonin, a feel-good chemical which is much needed when you’re depressed. I love almonds and Brazil, macadamia’s and cashews, of course beware of how many you eat because they are full of fat and calories. Small handful is enough. If you are eating them in the car on the way to work I suggest you take a toothbrush as they are inclined to stick around your teeth. Just saying because there is nothing worse than trying to have a conversation with someone with nuts around their teeth.
- Salmon – Natural wild caught Salmon is what I am having for dinner tonight. Love it. Great for your brain health and moods. It’s a lean protein that contains double your recommended value of vitamin B12. B12 is crucial for combatting depression. Salmon also packs a punch of mood-stabilizing essential fatty acids. The good fats are essential for the functioning of a healthy brain.
- Sesame seeds – This ancient crop has been keeping happy levels up for thousands of years. Its benefits stem from tyrosine. This amino acid boosts the brain’s dopamine levels. I love it in my salad and also sprinkled on my toast in the morning on top of the avocado. Very yummy I might add.
- Strawberries – Another mood saving breakfast, for me anyway not on toast but great with Yogurt or in a yogurt drink blended. Rich in an array of vitamins and nutrients like vitamins A and C and manganese. Rich in an array of vitamins and nutrients like vitamins A and C and manganese. Who doesn’t like strawberries, no one I expect. Kids normally love them and its a great lunch snack for them.
This is a handy chart as sometimes its hit and miss when cooking fish fillets. Salmon fillet is a fish you do not want to spoil. Too long – Too dry.
I was asked after I posted this was this time too long?
Well no. This is what I do. Cook it for 5min at reasonably hot temp, then turn it over and turn element off and let it cook in that heat for another 5 min. If its thicker then longer. The salmon then stays moist and cooked to perfection. I actually put the skin down first as I like to eat the skin nice and crispy.
This is easy and delicious
- 1 lb. salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
The rule of thumb is to cook for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness which is measured from the salmon fillet’s thickest point. That would be the middle.