- Cranberries are great for stronger teeth. Apparently according to the Oral Health Foundation the polyphenols dark-colored berries such as cranberries and blueberries are ale to prevent harmful bacteria from sticking you gums and teeth. They suggest eating these berries straight after a meal to make the most of the benefits. Source
2. Researchers from Northwestern University in the US have developed a wearable skin patch that can screen your sweat for potential diseases and health markers. It is not available for purchase as yet but a great idea and hopefully will not take too long to come on the market. Source
3. Cheese is not only good for the soul it is also beneficial for the heart . An Australian study found a Mediterranean diet rich in cheese can significantly boost health outcomes for those at risk of heart disease. They believe even more so than a low-fat diet. My nieces wife Franny will love this.❤️
4. You may have heard that on average a person will swallow 8 spiders a year in your sleep. Probably not so. There is no scientific record of it ever actually happening. Spiders get most of the information about their surroundings through vibrations. Snoring, breathing and heartbeat will probably scare them away.
5. Pablo Picasso once said “When I was a child my Mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier you will be a general. If you become a monk you will end up as the Pope’ . Well I became a painter and wound up as Picasso”
Team of UK researchers have found a specific protein in the tissue of women in the early stages of ovarian cancer. It appears they have a 90% success rate in the detection.
2. Researchers at the University of Manchester have found a receptor called OR2AT4 which is known to stimulated by sandalore – synthetic sandalwood – and which can be found in the outer layer of hair follicles. They found that applying their synthetic sandalwood to the scalp tissue they could increase the hair growth and decrease cell death.
3. Some Converse sneakers have a thin layer of felt on the sole. The reason being shoes with a fuzzy sole can technically qualify as slippers which have import taxes up to 30% lower than regular shoes. Source
4. A study has shown that duct tape is more effective than liquid nitrogen at removing warts. source
The sale of Sparking water in the USA has risen 42% since 2011 according to statistics done in 2016. Sparkling water can be natural or man-made. Of course Natural is the better alternative, like sparkling mineral water which is naturally carbonated and contains minerals and straight from the source. Not all Sparkling mineral water is naturally sparkling so some companies add Carbon dioxide to give it bubbles.
Seltzer Water vs. Club Soda – Choose neither – sparkling water you absolutely want to stay away from is one that contains artificial flavors, colors and/or additives. That is those healthy looking mineral drinks like Orange, lime, grapefruit etc.
Club soda contains sodium, but seltzer is typically sodium-free. If you have a health problem with salt the Club Soda is not the one for you.
Natural Sparkling Water Benefits
Doctors recommend non-sparkling (Kangen of course in my opinion ) water over sparkling, but sparkling water definitely wins over high-sugar soda and juices. Sparkling water lowers the pH of water, making it more acidic, and one of the things that causes dental erosion.
pH of flavored sparkling waters is concerning. Carbonating of water lowers its pH to around a 5.
This I find rather interesting. Researchers have found that the sensation we experience when we drink a carbonated beverage like sparkling water is due to a reaction that occurs inside our mouths that changes carbon dioxide bubbles into irritating carbonic acid. So that exhilarating “bite” of carbonation is actually chemical rather than physical.
Basically the end the recommendation is opting for regular water with ph of 8 – 9.5 the vast majority of the time or using natural flavors like lemon, cucumber or waterelon. Those natural infusions also helps to create a higher pH level.
1. The Hawaiian Alphabet has only 13 letters. It includes five vowels and eight consonants
2. Smart Bandages – Researchers at Tufts University USA have come up with a brilliant innovative tech. Although only in the clinical trial period, if successful it could put an end to infections and amputations in people who have chronic skin wounds.
This bandage which looks like a clear sticking plaster houses both heat and PH detecting sensors together with a dose of thermally activated medicine. Infected wounds and burns generate higher temperatures and Ph levels that healthy skin, so as soon as the sensors notice anything out of the norm they send a drug releasing microbes straight to the area.
It appears there are many Universities looking into this so I guess it is something that we can look forward to in the future.
3. Sex and Fruit – According to Dr Yen Ying Lim, of the Cognitive aging laboratory at the Florey institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health in Victoria, Australia, having sex on a regular basis and heaps of fruit especially berries and cherries help your memory work at its best. Things that break down the protection of our brain are inactivity, being Obese, high cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. Clench your fist – While we are on the subject of Memory researchers of the Montclair State University in the USA have discovered that making a fist seems to help memory and recall.
Clench your right fist when you want to remember something and clench your left fist later to help recollect the memory.
5. An Orange a Day Keeps macular degeneration away – Researchers from Westmead institute discovered that by eating one orange a day the flavonoids they contain helps to prevent macular degeneration. Try changing from an apple a day to the orange a day and you may have happy eyes
1. NATURAL SLUG REPELLENT – Mix one part espresso (real, not instant) with 10 parts water and spray on areas of the garden where you’ve seen slugs and snails.
The caffeine will absorb into their skin and kill them, so if you prefer a cruelty-free alternative try repelling them with copper barrier tape or picking the little slimers off by hand (after dark by torchlight is the best time).
2. If you have these personality traits you will live longer. Researchers have determined that regardless of age, gender or nationality, there are five core personality traits that everyone has that will help determine that you will live longer. These five traits are classified as OCEAN (or the Big 5) –
3. Leonardo Da Vinci loved geology – He is believed to have found physical evidence disputing biblical claims, He studied rocks, fossils, and river erosion that led him to the conclusion that the world is a lot older than stated in the book of Genesis, he also believed that marine fossils found in the mountains were the result of falling sea levels not the Great Flood.
4. Playing Tetris ( tile-matching puzzle) after traumatic experience can help eliminate bad memories. Memories fad more rapidly and helps with distracting from self-pity and interferes with the way long-term memories are stored.
5, Small nut shape Poops 💦 – You are probably needing to drink a lot More water – Preferably Kangen Water. Lack of fibre is another reason