1.Cost Estimator: Repairpal.com gives free quotes for car repairs and recommends competent repair shops.
2. The cheapest gas day of the week: In 29 States in the US are to be bought on Monday according to GasBuddy.com You can save up to $30 a year.
3. Older driver course: AARP offers a driver course and you may save about $100 per year on your car insurance. I notice Whitefish High school does as well.
4. Outside airport for Car Rentals: Choose a location near the airport for a rental car. Not at the Airport. Go to Autoslash.com to track your reservation and apply deals and coupons
5. Humanesociety.org – For a list of programs offering assistance with pet expenses. Search for “affording your pet” on the site
1. When women gossip, their levels of the ‘Love Hormone’ oxytocin go up. This is according to researchers from the University of Pavia in Italy. This makes the gossipers feel closer to each other regardless of their mood or personality type. Another way of getting the Oxytocin shot is by giving your friend a hug. Now that is more positive I am thinking.
2. Garlic repairs glass cracks? yep amazing. If you have a glass with a hairline crack, try cutting a garlic clove in half and gently rubbing it against the cracks. The high concentration of sucrose compounds will act as an adhesive.
3. Most of us thought there was only 7 continents. Apparently not. Geologists are now arguing there is an 8th. ‘Zealandia’ consists of NZ and Caledonia. It could be known as the smallest continent of all. It is not official as yet but will be when enough scientists get on board.
4. A few times each year, thousands of fish meet up to for one giant ‘tuna tornado’ because they do most of their breeding outside their bodies. The tuna gather themselves into a living tornado of reproduction, which acts as a moving wall that encircles a protected space where they can release a large volume of egg and sperm all at once .
5. Some farmers feed their cows Skittles. The reason being candy, chocolate, cereal or molasses is a cheap substitute for corn. The sugar reportedly helps cows with digestion,, increase milk production and fattens up the beef cattle. Mars, inc sells their unused skittles to companies that melt them down and add them to livestock feed which is cheaper to buy than corn as corn at times is to high a price to be economical.
Upgrading addiction « Save money by getting things repaired and avoid replacing things just because they are a bit used.