1. Blueberries have it:– A study showed that women who ate four or more servings of blueberries per week were able to reduce the risk of a heart attack by 34%. Blueberries contain anthocyanin, an antioxidant that is especially helpful for blood vessels. Source: Ex director for integrative cardiology in Deerfield Ill
2. Carpet beetles love natural animal fiber. Not into synthetic fibers found in most carpets but if you have a cashmere or wool sweater, scarf or fur coat they are going to love it. So get your carpet checked for those pesky beetles.
3. Exposure to other drivers:- Plugging your phone into a rental car’s dash could expose your info to other drivers.
4. Wondered what the “Dark Web” is:- Sites in the deep web that provide anonymity to users and go largely unregulated. Many are legal. Serving as communications outlets for human rights. Also used by criminals to buy and sell illegal wares and information. Dictionary “the part of the World Wide Web that is only accessible by means of special software, allowing users and website operators to remain anonymous or untraceable.
The dark web, sometimes referred to as Darknet, is accessed by Tor (The Onion Router) or I2P (Invisible Internet Project), which use masked IP addresses to maintain anonymity for users and site owners. This way, people who use the dark web for illegal purposes can’t be traced. (that is about as much as I could find) Just ask Google
5. The Flogsta Scream: This occurs every night at 10 p.m. when university students living in Uppsala’s Flogsta neighborhood stop what they’re doing and let out a collective scream from their windows, balconies, and rooftops. It helps to blow off steam and ease the stress of college exams.
Compact Cars as a rental are a better deal.
Unless you are traveling with a large number of people or have lots of luggage, reserve a cheaper compact car.
The compact car is also fuel-efficient and easier to park.
According to AARP Bulletin Compacts are not popular and rental companies fill their lots with bigger cars: If they run out of compacts you may get a free upgrade.
Fuel consumption will me more expensive but you will have the luxury of more space for less.
You may not be able to get your prescriptions filled at Walgreens.
On saying that, you can, but you may be paying an arm and a leg for those drugs.
Millions may have to find a new pharmacy to deal with depending on their insurance.
According to HLN this morning, Walgreens and the prescription manager of Express Scripts are in a fight over the fees. The contract that was due to be renewed on the 1st of January 2012 could not be agreed upon between the two companies.
Express Scripts are no longer in the network with Walgreens. If you have been getting your prescription from Walgreens check your drugs and if it has “Express Scripts” on the label then you will know that your particular drug will be costing you more if you buy it from Walgreens.
Renting and Apartment
According to Clark Howard the rental rates of apartments could be calculated the same way as the price for Airline tickets.
There is a computer program that calculates the occupancy of the apartment complex and alters the rental rate accordingly. You may be paying more or less than your neighbor.
The program weights competing rates and market conditions and other factors to set the rent price.
The complex owners may offer lower rates for less popular units or maybe certain lease terms.
The suggestion is if your rent has jumped substantially then shop around before you sign a new lease as they may not cut a deal like they used to.