I was reading this article today and for those of us that do a lot of reading on health matters we are very well aware that inflammation in the body is basically a death threat.
Dr. Dwight Lundell – who has been a heart surgeon for 25 years – his words – without inflammation being present in the body “there is no way that cholesterol would accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without inflammation, cholesterol would move freely throughout the body as nature intended. It is inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped.”
It appears that with bad health most practitioners will dish out medication in the hopes that it will fix the problem. It will not. Getting rid of inflammation from your body is the only way.
As Dr. Dwight Lundell says inflammation is quite simply your body’s natural defense to a foreign invader such as a bacteria, toxin or virus.
Here are 3 simple ways to fight inflammation as the good doctor recommends
- Watch what you eat and don’t eat foods that have labels with words you can’t even pronounce or foods that would be better suited for a Sci-fi movie than a human body. Foods in their natural form are not harmful to the human body.
- Watch what you drink. Many of our beverages-of-choice are acidic and the promote inflammation! Is that soda, sports drink or alcoholic beverage really worth the ultimate price you pay?
- Hydrate! The blood is 90% water and your body needs LOTS of water to fight inflammation. But not just any water will do. Water laced with chemicals out of the tap just worsens your state of inflammation as the body fights hard to process what it isn’t equipped to handle. On the other hand, most bottled waters not only have chemicals from the plastics but they are void of minerals that the body desperately needs. For inflammation (and lots of other reasons) you’ll want to drink Electrolyzed Reduced Water.
Now these are his words, but very much in keeping with what I believe and why I have the best Electrolyzed Water machine in the world that being the Enagic K8 Kangen Water machine.
Kangen water is pure clean Ionized water with a Ph level of alkaline water that will improve your health and help rid any inflammation in the body. Consequently help to improve your chances of getting obliterating cancer, cholesterol, and many other disease complications.
Dr Dwight Lundell is very controversial on this subject and been criticized by his profession but I believe it to be very close to the truth and maybe what drug companies do not want to hear. I think he has support about this all around the world.
Two great books as gifts for Christmas
This of course is my book ‘Living better on less’ which I believe to have some great tips and a good Christmas present.
Just click on books to go to Amazon
This book I read on my holiday at Bermagui Beach. Could not put it down. It is written by Rosalie Ham and the story is set in Australia and a compelling read. It is also in Video now which features Aussie actor Chris Hemsworth and English actor and Kate Winslet.
Thousands of e-books can be downloaded for free to your Kindle, iPad, smartphone or other device through Project Gutenberg or , if you have a library card, via Overdrive
1. The ability to smell is associated with the first cranial nerve and is often one of the first senses to be adversely affected by cognitive decline.
In patients with Alzheimer’s, the ability to smell peanut butter through the left nostril was found to be significantly impaired
“Jennifer Stamps, a graduate student in the University of Florida (UF) McKnight Brain Institute Center for Smell and Taste, and her colleagues reported the findings of a small pilot study in the Journal of the Neurological Sciences.
2. Men watch porn more than Woman. (You don’t say)
(source – University of Copenhagen)
3. Reading a book is better for the brain than watching TV
Source – American Academy of Neurology
4. There are three reasons a dog’s urine burns grass: an alkaline pH, concentrated (vs. dilute) urine, and nitrogen load. The most important factor of the three is urine pH.
5. Walking 14.5km or 10 miles a week is linked to a 22% lower death rate among men. So there you are guys just take that little step and your health improves
Source- Harvard University