Just read this article from the website of Dr Mercola who is well-respected in the field of medicine. It is well worth the read and I believe everyone should be aware of the dangers of these resistant drugs.
I Will give you an outline of what it is about.
It has been suggested that deaths from antibiotic-resistant disease will reach 10 million per year. Drivers of this disease is antibiotics in agriculture, Hospitals, CRE- (carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae) which produces an enzyme that breaks down antibiotics
Strategies to protect yourself and help prevent the spread of are:-
- Infection prevention, with a focus on strengthening your immune system naturally. Avoiding sugars, processed foods and grains, stress reduction, and optimizing your sleep and vitamin D level are foundational for this. Adding in traditionally fermented and cultured foods is also important, as this will help optimize your microbiome.
The Nitric Oxide Dump exercise (below) will also help improve your immune status. Contrary to supplements that boost immune function, which should be taken only as needed, the Nitric Oxide Dump exercise is a preventive method that should ideally be done daily.
2. Limiting your use of antibiotics. Any time your doctor prescribes an antibiotic, ask if it’s absolutely necessary, and keep in mind that antibiotics do not work for viral infections. For example, antibiotics are typically unnecessary for most ear infections, and they do not work on the common cold or flu, both of which are caused by viruses.
3. Avoiding antibiotics in food by purchasing organic or biodynamic grass-fed meats and animal products.
4. Avoiding antibacterial household products such as antibacterial soaps, hand sanitizers and wipes, as these promote antibiotic resistance by allowing the strongest bacteria to survive and thrive in your home.
5. Properly washing your hands with warm water and plain soap, to prevent the spread of bacteria. Be particularly mindful of washing your hands and kitchen surfaces after handling raw meats, as about half of all meat sold in American grocery stores is likely to be contaminated with pathogenic bacteria. Avoid antibiotic soaps that typically have dangerous chemicals like triclosan.
6. Common-sense precautions in the kitchen: Kitchens are notorious breeding grounds for disease-causing bacteria, courtesy of contaminated meat products, including antibiotic-resistant strains of E-coli. To avoid cross-contamination between foods in your kitchen, adhere to the following recommendations:
- Use a designated cutting board, preferably wood, not plastic, for raw meat and poultry, and never use this board for other food preparation, such as cutting up vegetables. Color coding your cutting boards is a simple way to distinguish between them
- To sanitize your cutting board, use hot water and detergent. Simply wiping it off with a rag will not destroy the bacteria
- For an inexpensive, safe and effective kitchen counter and cutting board sanitizer, use 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. Keep each liquid in a separate spray bottle, and then spray the surface with one, followed by the other, and wipe off
- Coconut oil can also be used to clean, treat and sanitize your wooden cutting boards. It’s loaded with lauric acid that has potent antimicrobial actions. The fats will also help condition the wood
These recommendation come from Dr Mercola’s article.That is why I recommend you read it as it could save you and your family’s life.
My recommendation is – Precaution of the water you drink 💦 – Antibiotic residue can be found in the water you drink. The Kangen water machine will filter and enhance the quality of the water to strengthen your immune system. I personally have experienced this.
These are the natural Immune Boosters
Sunlight and Vitamin D
This is the video of Nitric Oxide dump which has many many benefits