Nomophobia means ‘Love of your Phone’
An increasing number of us are coming to realize that our relationships with our phones are not exactly what a couples therapist would describe as “healthy.”
- The time you spend on your phone is time you’re not spending doing other pleasurable things, like hanging out with a friend or pursuing a hobby. Instead of thinking of it as “spending less time on your phone,” think of it as “spending more time on your life.”
- What’s your posture like? How’s your breathing? Is whatever you’re doing on your phone making you feel good?
- Leave your phone at home while you go for a walk. Stare out of a window during your commute instead of checking your email. Pay attention to your craving. What does it feel like in your body?
- When you see someone pull out their phone on the street or an elevator does it make you want to check yours. Use that as a cue to take a deep breath and refrain from checking yours
- This is your life. How much of it do you want to spend on your phone?
A subject dear to my heart. I find it so frustrating when the use of phones interfere with the presence of your precious children, a friend, relation anyone that would like your attention. To me personally using your phone in the presence of any one shows that their importance to you is Zero. Another thing which I need to pull myself up about is texting instead of phoning when communicating with friends. Anyway I thought this book looked interesting and found a video that explains very well the diagnosis of those who have anxiety when not near their phone.
Being present whether walking the dog, or visiting or just in the presence of your family is very important.
Just a quick note so I can save you money.
My Granddaughter and I went to see the Movie ‘Snatched’. Cannot even give it one Star. 0 out of 10. The worst movie I have ever seen. Not a good Mothers day Present thats for sure. Hate it when I waste my time and money
I thought Amy Schumer was going to leave America if Trump got voted in for President. She should have gone before she inflicted the world with that movie.
Don’t know what Goldie Hawn was thinking but she may think again before she does another movie with Ms Schumer.
My beautiful Grandson Jayden is 16 today
He is thoughtful, gracious, funny, and more I could say
That precious little boy has become a rising star
He can’t wait to get his license and drive the car
Now that is an experience all of its own
Teaching him to drive, my nerves are blown
For some reason we stay too close to the road side
Letter boxes whizz past my window, it’s a kinda jerky ride
Anyhow he is not too bad
When he goes and gets lessons I will be glad
He has become a great surfer, attacks any waves
He has become fearless, a pleasure to watch as I do many days
My heart fills with pride as I watch him grow
Into the person he has become, his future bright I know
Lord where did that time, those years go, they sped away
It’s hard to believe he is 16 years old today
Is that baby Elephant just precious? I want one
The dachshund & Pink, the Pig
This dachshund is fostering this little guy for another mom who couldn’t take care of him.
He had his eyes closed, but now they are open. He is just a little bigger than her other pups.
She loves this little guy as much as the other puppies and she is nursing him back to health.
He is the cleanest pig-uppy ever because she licks him all the time.
HIS NAME IS PINK….
IS THIS NOT THE MOST PRECIOUS THING!!!?
“UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED