I have never heard of this Gooseberry from India before. I recieved this article the other day and found it very interesting. Have got an Indian shop around the corner so will check on them tomorrow to know more about it. This is what they look like
Here are some of the benefits:-
- Treat cough and flu as well as mouth ulcers.
- reduce cholesterol levels
- Helpful in managing diabetes better as well as respiratory ailments.
- The alkaline nature of amla helps in clearing the system and strengthening the digestive system.
- Supports liver function and flushes out toxins
- Along with Vitamin C, amla is also rich in iron, calcium, phosphorous
- Amino acids and protein present in amla help in hair growth, tackling hair fall and fortifying the root as well as the shaft,
- Fight marks, pigmentation and blemishes
All sounds pretty good to me. To read the article in full go to NDTV Food