- Diamonds are either rare, nor valuable. In one of the most successful advertising campaigns of all time, De Beers claimed that a man should be spending two months salary on a diamond engagement ring. Then they raised their prices, restricted their supply and created a costly illusion that generations of people still consider to be a mandatory part of the marriage process.
2. In 1870 two million rabbits were killed every year in Australia, all descended from just 24 released in 1859. In 1859, a man named Thomas Austin, a landowner in Winchelsea, Victoria imported 24 … Within a number of years, those 24 rabbits multiplied into millions. … By 1890, rabbits werespotted all the way in Western Australia.
3. Airbags deploy between 100 & 200 MPH( 160kph – 322kph.) If you ride with your feet on the dash you may send our knees through your eye sockets if the airbag is deployed. Police are sharing this photo in hopes of spreading awareness while driving
4. Difference in size between Australia and Austria
5. Ren’e Descartes the French Philosopher, mathematician, and scientist had a fetish for cross-eyed women. He is famous for having made an important connection between geometry and algebra, which allowed for the solving of geometrical problems by way of algebraic equations
These figures appear to come from a legitimate source. If they are correct I think all protestor should do their home work first before blaming others, especially the police who put there lives on the line wether black or white.
More compassion, responsibility, caring and love is what is needed by all. Hard to take their protest seriously
Ron Chester, 89 years of age, was stopped by the police around 2 am
and was asked where he was going at that time of night.
Ron replied, “I’m on my way to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on
the human body, as well as smoking and staying out late.”
The officer asked, “Really? Who’s giving that lecture at this time of night?”
Ron replied, “That would be my wife.”
1. One number of the flight code was changed by a Brazilian airline after a psychic said an aircraft using that code would crash. A little Superstitious I would say.
2. Now this does not surprise me. There is a 10% rise in demand in the US for nose jobs created by selfie phenomenon, as patients go in search of the picture perfect look
3. Now this is a piece of useless information. 17 is the number of perfumes released by Paris Hilton. Told ya. Your saying “Who Cares”
4. 25.5 is the number of acres in the world’s biggest corn maze that is to be downsized after too many people had to call police after getting lost.
5. Common to certain dogs, cattle and rabbits they have what they call a ‘dewlap’ which is a longitudinal flap of neck skin. Oh I think I have one too.
In Australia at the moment, especially Queensland there is a vindictive ‘Legal’?? assault against any biker who wears colors or has any association with any club members. These laws are being inforced by the state Governments and Police.
They are not allowed to ride together as a group. The bikers can only ride in groups of three. They are not allowed to congregate in a larger group than 3. There are many other stupid and ridiculous new laws.
Australians should start worrying about what these so called power hungry employees of the Government are going to do with the average ‘Joe Blows’ rights in the future.
We all know that some bikers are not squeaky clean and if a crime is committed then the punishment should be fit the crime. Not make up a whole lot of new laws so it makes the police job so easy that they can arrest these people for just being who they are. A citizen of this country.
In the weekend a group of bikers met in a coastal town. They all arrived in separate flights, no bikes, stayed in separate accommodation, wearing shorts t/shirts and thongs. All mates. They were arrested and jailed for being known associates of a club and congregating. Come on, that is not right.
A father and son drinking at a local pub and another biker arrested and jailed over Xmas. I know of the pub and those guys have been drinking there for years.
A young man was fined in the weekend. While riding his motor bike on the highway he stretch out his leg as he had been riding a while. He was pulled over and fined $146. The reason was he did not have both feet on the foot peg. Don’t believe me? Read this.
They are looking at closing any Tattoo parlors that may have any association with Motor cycle clubs.
Now you maybe able to see where this video is going. People are getting fed up with this tyranny and so they should in my opinion.
Benjamin Franklin invented flippers for swimming in the year 1717 and was inducted into the international swimming hall of fame for the invention. They were originally wooden swim fins shaped like a lily pad and went on the hands. They were about 10 inches (250mm) long and 6 inches (150mm) wide and helped people to swim faster. Franklin’s swim fins were originally intended for use on a person’s hands. Shaped like lily pads or an artist’s paint palette, they helped attain greater speed with each stroke.
The AAA Motor Club and travel organization was created initially so that it could warn traveling motorists about police speed traps around the country.
Archeological researchers have made a recent claim to have found evidence that the Queen of Sheba did in fact rule over Southern Arabia which was then known as the capital of the Kingdom of Sheba.
More information on this interesting story
Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool and changed it every two innings.
Because they both lost so many players to WWII military service, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles combined to become the Steagles during the 1943 season.. Despite never being registered by the NFL, the name became the most enduring moniker.
Washington did have false teeth. His false teeth were made of whale bone and deer antlers.
The first modern Olympic Games were held in Athens, Greece in 1896. There were 311 male but no female competitors.