- German chocolate cake is named after a guy named Sam German, not the country.
2. The creature that kills the most people every year isn’t snakes, sharks, or even other humans–it’s the mosquito.
3. The last letter added to the English alphabet wasn’t Z–it was the letter J.
4. A female architecture student prevented a Manhattan skyscraper from collapsing in the 1970s when she caught a massive design flaw. It was a student called Diane Hartley. Read more on 99percentinvisible.org
5. Paper bags aren’t any better for the environment than plastic ones.
Fiction: Many believe that paper bags are more environmentally friendly than plastic bags because they are made from a renewable resource, can biodegrade, and are recyclable. Fact: Plastic shopping bags outperform paper bags environmentally – on manufacturing, on reuse, and on solid waste volume and generation.
6. Nestle is facing a lawsuit in the U.S. alleging that its Poland Spring brand is “common groundwater” rather than spring water, which the suit claims makes the marketing of Poland Spring water a “colossal fraud.”
Change your water and change your life go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com
1. Check supermarket pharmacies – Some national chains and discount stores offer common medications for free. If your deductible is $10 you will save $120 a year on just one prescription
2. Kill unwanted charges – Trim (ask trim.com) hunts for unwanted recurring subscriptions on your credit cards. The site says it can save you $180 a year
3. According to the National Geographic, “Bottled water is a drain on the environment: The U.S. public goes through about 50 billion water bottles a year, and most of those plastic containers are not recycled. Transporting the bottles and keeping them cold also burns fossil fuels, which give off greenhouse gases.” 1500 plastic bottles are consumed every second. Enough plastic is thrown away each year to circle the earth four times. And, it will take 1000 years for the plastic to degrade.
Here is a way to save money and help with the excess use of water bottles. If you buy this Hydrogen rich water machine which will give you unadulterated water with great alkaline benefits for your health and you won’t be drinking the acidic , toxic water from plastic bottles.
As you know I love ❤️ these machines and think everyone should have one. ” If you don’t do different nothing will change”❤️
Kangen hydrogen-rich water ‘V’ Bottled water – Savings would be $1378.24 plus better health for you and the environment.
This machine also comes with an amazing compensation plan if you go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com you can read all about it and if you have any questions, as I am sure you will, ring David at 2812396410, it is a business opportunity not to be missed.
Read more at: http://www.lifechanging-water.com/
1. Hookworm larvae are to be injected into coeliacs in bid to treat gluten intolerance –
James Cook University Australia, doctors John Croese and Paul Giacomin hope to find a drug derived from the parasites to treat gluten intolerance.
The larvae are put under a bandage, they burrow into the patients’ skin to make their way into their intestines.Hookworms do not breed within the human body so there is no chance of the parasite multiplying to dangerous numbers.
Results: Some Participant in the trial ate pizza for the first time in 15 years.
The future of worm therapy is likely to involve the manufacture of synthetic versions of these worm proteins in the laboratory in the hope that eventually they could become a pill-based medication to treat a variety of inflammatory diseases, including coeliac disease.
Source: For more interesting information on this research
2. That you can grow roses from cuttings – Simply cut healthy stems, place them in large potatoes, and them bury them 3-4 inches deep in a healthy soil mixture of peet moss and top soil. The potatoes keep the stems moist and help develop the root systems. It’s a perfectly simple way to multiply your rose garden without spending lots of time and money.
3. How Margarine is made? –
5. About Tap water v’s Bottled water.
Of course Kangen water is your best bet when consuming water. No plastic and no chemicals.
Bottled water can pose health threats
The plastic in bottled water often contains chemicals BPA and phthalates, which are proven to be hazardous to human health.3
Bottled water is not proven to be any safer than tap water
The non-profit, non-partisan Environmental Working Group (EWG) says, “The government does not mandate that bottled water be any safer than tap water. In fact, the chemical pollution standards are nearly identical.” Historically, bottled waters have even been recalled for contamination with particulate matter, mold and bacteria.5
Further, as reported by ABC, environmental advocate Mae Wu has performed studies which show bottled is no safer or cleaner: There is actually more testing federally mandated on tap water than bottled. 100 compounds of tap water must be tested every day and the results posted online.6
READ MORE – http://www.lifechanging-water.com DAVID VOTH – 281 239 6410
3. According to CheapAirfares.com the best time to book a domestic flight is typically 47 days before takeoff. they analyzed 5 million trips involving 1.5 Billion potential fares. The cheapest day is Tuesday (Book about 3pm ET).To Latin America cheapest time is 96 days before takeoff and for Europe it is 276 days . Also to be noted a fare will typically change 70 times before the flight.
4. A brand new study from San Diego State University sheds new light on this amazing process. The secret lies in one of your most underappreciated body fluids: mucus.
This slimy substance coating the inside of your mouth, nose, eyelids, digestive tract, lungs and other organs may turn out to play one of the most important roles in your immune system. You produce about a quart of mucus each day from your nose, throat and sinus, most of which you swallow.
For some time, researchers have known that mucus is loaded with viruses. many of these viruses to actually serve as immune helpers—not enemies—and an important part of your body’s defense system
1. That you could do this with an orange.
2. The simplest way to slice a bunch of cherry tomatoes is to sandwich them between two plastic lids and run a long knife through all of them at once!
3. To Keep brown sugar soft by storing with a couple of marshmallows
4. If you Install a regular coat rack low down the wall to store shoes safely off the floor
5. If You Use a magnetic strip to store hair pins on inside of a cupboard.
6. If you Use a Post-It note when drilling to catch the dust
I read this article in the ‘Australian Nature and Health‘ magazine, which incidentally is one of the best magazines of its genre.
The article was about Tampons. It made sense, and I have never thought of it before. I have never questioned the material that tampons are made of. The chemicals that are used in the product and how they are manufactured. Now I do.
It then led me to the question of what diseases could this cause. Could it be the cause of some of the cancers that seems to be on the increase in our young girls and older women in our reproductive areas like the ovaries, cervical area, and Uterus even maybe breast cancer.
Anyway here is the article and I believe that after you have read this you maybe thinking ‘Organic’ in the future.
Change Your Tampon
“The average woman uses 12,000 tampons over a lifetime and it’s not just about what we put inside us that matters: It’s about where it’s coming from and where it ends up” warns Aimee Marks founder of TOM Organics.
“Conventional cotton is one of the world’s most heavily sprayed crops and these chemicals end up in the air, our waterways, our bodies and eventually landfill. Many tampons are made from rayon and plastic, the production of which involves labour intensive chemical processes and results in a product which takes a lot longer to break down than cotton. Organic tampons and pads are free from chemicals, bleaches and also are biodegradable. She suggested to stop using plastic tampon applicators hundreds of thousands of them end up in our waterways every year and never flush sanitary products down the toilet.
This makes sense to me.