Tag Archives: plant
1. Half the atoms inside your body came from across the universe.
They found that in galaxies with 100 billion stars or more, the galactic winds actually ferried in about 50 per cent of the matter present today.
Jessica Werk at the University of Washington in Seattle – Werk says tracking the flow of matter from the origin of the universe to present day, and understanding where the atoms that make up the air we breathe and water we drink is one of the fundamental problems in astrophysics. “It’s one of the holy grails of extra galactic cosmology,” she says. “Now, we’ve found that half these atoms come from outside our galaxy.”
Faucher-Giguère and Anglés-Alcázar Northwestern University in Illinois found that for larger galaxies like our own, this intergalactic Gulf Stream is the primary contributor to their growth, allowing them to snatch away matter from their smaller counterparts.
2. Back when people burnt coal to heat their homes they rid the soot off their walls by rolling dough across the walls.
The Story goes: Kutol, a Cincinnati based soap company, was about to go under in the late 1920s. Cleo McVicker, just 21 years old. 1933 when Cleo was at a meeting with Kroger grocery store representatives when they asked him if he made wallpaper cleaner. In those days coal was used for heating ones home as wood was less efficient. The down side of coal was the soot that it left on the walls and wallpaper.
Cleo boldly told them he could supply them with such a cleaner having no idea what they were going to do as at that time things had become desperate financially. Kroger subsequently ordered 15,000 cases of wallpaper cleaner from Kutol with a $5,000 penalty (about $90,000 today) if Kutol didn’t deliver on time.
Noah McVicker his brother then figured out that dough was the solution and that kept the company afloat till after WWII. Sales then started to decrease as coal was no long the main use for heating and the company once again was facing financial ruin.
Hence Play doh!
Interesting story: read more Business insider
3. A craft like knitting is ailed as a phenomenal for your physical and mental health – While we are creating it is not just our hands that are busy – our brains are diligently releasing dopamine which is a natural antidepressant. So keep on knitting guys and gals.
4. Comfrey tea provides benefits for your plants especially house plants – Pour about 500mls of boiling water over dried or fresh comfrey leaves, cool to room temperature then strain. Spray the plant liberally at least once a week. refrigerate the remaining liquid for another time. Remember house plants love temped water rather than cold so warm it up in the sun before you spray it on.
5. ” Tsunami Stones” are an ancient warning written on Stone. – Some over 600 years old that lie on the northeast coast of Japan.
In 1933 after a tsunami the residents of Aneyoshi moved uphill and placed a stone that read “Do not build your homes below this stone. In 2011 another tsunami of magnitude occurred and the entire village survived
- How to plant to save bees
2. Nappiness – Research done by the University of Hertfordshire have coined a new word to describe the contented state that follows a brief daytime doze. They also showed that naps under 30 minutes made people more focused creative and happy.
3. Phenethylamine, is a chemical found in raw cacao beans, and is also produced in the body when we fall in love
4. Costume designer Romy McCloskey did surgery on a butterfly. A monarch tore his wing while emerging from his chrysalis, She transplanted his wing by using a hanger, scissors, tweezers, talc, contact cement and a toothpick to attach a new wing she took from a dead butterfly. He flew away the next day.
5. Drinking molecular hydrogen dissolved water (Kangen) had reduced oxidative stress and improved Parkinson’s Disease features in animals. A pilot study was carried out in people with Parkinson’s Disease who were taking L-dopa. Each person drank either a litre a day of molecular hydrogen water or only water (without the molecular hydrogen). Symptom scores improved in those people who drank molecular hydrogen water and worsened in those people who only drank normal water. The drinking of molecular hydrogen water was found to safe and well tolerated. It would therefore be an easy means of delaying or reducing symptoms. A larger clinical trial is intended. For a printable version of this article click here. For more news go to Parkinson’s Disease News.
More info go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com
6. Octopuses are older than dinosaurs.
GAMP is Changing the Network Marketing Industry for Good
With its low start-up cost and unlimited income potential, network marketing is better than any other form of entrepreneurship for the average person. Consider this… For the price of a new iPhone or less, you have the ability to earn hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars per month in income.
Will everyone that enters the network marketing industry be successful? No, not everyone will make it, but here’s a question: Why does that person have to be you?
What do you need to ensure success in your network marketing business?
You need training, mentoring, people to talk to, sales tools, and a system to make it all happen. That’s what GAMP (Global Affiliate Marketing Pros) is all about. The top industry professionals teaching social media marketing training, and expert sales training from the world’s top sales trainer Grant Cardone.
GAMP offers a full system solution for their people. Including sales funnels and marketing automation, with a built-in dialer, SMS capabilities and fully integrated into your CRM. Grow your business with GAMP’s software from any computer or smartphone.
And, as they say in infomercials… But wait, there’s more. One of the biggest reasons people cite for not being successful in network marketing is that they ran out of people to talk to. Finding people to talk to is one of the major challenges facing anyone in Network Marketing. GAMP has solved this problem for their members. GAMP gives you the leads!
Using GAMP’s tools and training, you turn your leads into passive income with their affiliate marketing program while you learn how to become a rock star on their system. Then you sell your products with GAMP’s systems support.
Selling is the highest paid profession in the world and the network marketing industry produces more multiple 6 and 7 figure income earners than any other profession on the planet. With the right tools, training and leads anyone with the desire, enthusiasm, and action can succeed in network marketing.
Nobody is going to do it for you, but GAMP is here to help you.
Click here to sign-up » http://gamp1.com
Call me for more info » David Voth: 281-918-9687
- When you should plant in your garden
2. A giant Celtic cross design, only visible from the sky, has been discovered growing in an Irish forest. The 100-meter (330ft) long religious symbol remained undetected for years until airline passengers noticed it while flying overhead.
The cross in Killea forest in county Donegal caused much confusion until an investigation by UTV revealed it wasn’t aliens bored with crop circles but was instead planned by Liam Emmery, a very creative and talented forester.
Meticulously planting hundreds of trees over a period of years Emmery was able to plan out the design which would reveal itself every autumn to those flying overhead.
Unfortunately Emmery passed away in 2010 aged 51, before his creation became known to the public. His wife had forgotten about his elaborate plan until UTV approached her about it, telling them “I’d forgotten about the plantation, if he was here, we would have all heard about it because he would have been so proud.”
3. There is a “Hangover Bar” in Amsterdam .
It’s the first of its kind in the world – a mecca for anyone who partied a little too hard the night before.
Only open from Friday to Sunday, The Hangover Bar has everything a boozer needs to get back on track.
There’s no cheating your way in for a free bed either – there are ‘hangover inspectors’ guarding the doors.
They breathalyze you on entry to make sure you still have alcohol in your system – the very opposite of a sobriety test.
Once inside, a green oasis awaits, ready to meet all your hangover needs.
There are beds laid out with accompanying televisions to play your favourite TV shows.
Green turf and towering pot plants weave their way around them, and there’s an oxygen bar to speed up the recovery process.
Foodora has created a special food menu featuring vitamin-boosting smoothies.
“To overcome a hangover there are a few things you need: a good mattress, good food, fun and lots of vitamins”
4. Bob Marley’s youngest son, Damian is turning a former prison for non-violent drug offenders into a pot farm. The Coalinga, CA, prison will grow medical marijuana for state dispensaries is providing 100 new jobs, and its $4.1 million sale has already erased all of the towns debt
5. Difficulty with eye contact may be a sign of a good conversationalist. A pair of researchers from Kyoto University studied this. “The dual task of maintaining eye contact (and the inherent intimate connection it involves) while also racking the brain for a word to meet the request is just too demanding – to save itself, the brain pushes for breaking eye contact so it can focus exclusively on finding a word that will fulfill the obligation.”
Essentially, breaking eye contact allows us to better choose our words. Looking someone in the eye may help us better establish an emotional rapport, but looking elsewhere may actually stimulate better conversation.
The bromeliad plant.
Scored very well at removing six out of eight VOCs studied. The tropical plant stripped more than 80 percent of each of those compounds out of the air within a 12-hour timeframe. Dr. Niri says this is one of the best houseplants to have in the home or workplace.
Now I think this study shows this pot plant should be inside every office an home environment
This plant is the superstar, removing 94 percent of the chemical from the air. Acetone being one of them. Also removes gasses from particleboard, household cleaners, rubber cement and paint. Putting these plants in a nail salon would be great. I remember taking my grandkids into a nail salon as I was going to get my nails done. They were only about 6 and 8 years of age and we were not in that salon more than 10 minutes and they asked could they leave as they were feeling sick. That tells you how potent that stuff is.
While the spider plant isn’t very good at sucking up benzene and toluene, it’s better at cleaning the air in other departments. This plants removed more than 80 percent of the ethylbenzene, p-Xylenes, o-Xylene and acetone from the air in chamber testing.
This plant removed more than 80 percent of benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, p-Xylenes and o-Xylene. And in the 70-percent range, it did an OK job of pulling acetone out of the air. Of all the plants tested, this was the best houseplant for removing toluene pollution from indoor air.