Not sure if I would take this too seriously. It is a study for the Northern part of the hemisphere so those in the South – its not really a study for you. Anyway its interesting.
Tag Archives: personality
This is an article about bottle water from a well known tv personality, Dr Axe.
I have been writing about bottled water for some time and the dangers of drinking too much of it. I know a lot us (well I used to) buy flats of bottle water that would last us a week or so. ‘Not a good idea’. That is why I did a lot of research and found the Kangen Water Filter system to be the best on the market.
Now they appear rather expensive but if you calculate the cost of bottled water over the years the filter is not expensive at all. First of all they are great quality and secondly the maintenance backup for these water filters are superior to any that I studied.
I had been using filtered water via the jugs for many years but only to find they are not filtering a lot of the really harmful toxins in the water and because of the type of water you get from the Kangen filters there is absolutely no comparison.
As you can see from the picture above there are several models. If you got to the website “lifechanging-water.com” you can browse the different models
Here are some facts published on Dr Axes Website about bottled water. It is well worth the read
Fast Facts: Basic Bottled Water Stats
- The average American drinks about 31 gallons of bottled water a year.
- Less than 30 percent of plastic water bottles are recycled.
- Bottled water is full of hormone-disrupting chemicals. Anti-estrogens and anti-androgens are present in the majority of bottled water.
- Estrogenicity in water from plastic bottles is three times higher compared to glass.
- Contamination of bottled water results in human exposure to endocrine disruptors.
- Bottled water risks include an increased cancer risk. A recent study found 11 out of 18 bottled water sampled induced estrogenic effects in a human cancer cell line.
- People in the U.S. buy half a billion bottles of water a week, more than enough to circle the globe 5 times.
- Laboratory testing conducted by Environmental Working Group found popular bottled water brands to contain mixtures of 38 different pollutants, including bacteria, fertilizer, Tylenol and industrial chemicals, some at levels no better than tap water. Some even contain high levels of cancer-causing chlorination byproducts.
- In the United States, 24 percent of bottled water sold is either Pepsi’s Aquafina or Coke’s Dasani. Both brands are bottled, purified municipal tap water.
- Dr. Gina Solomon, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council, an environmental advocacy group, told The New York Times that “there is no reason to believe that bottled water is safer than tap water.”
- In the U.S., public water is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which requires multiple daily tests for bacteria and makes results available to the public. The Food and Drug Administration, which regulates bottled water, only requires weekly testing and does not share its findings with the EPA or the public.
- According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some bottled water risks include fluoride exposure. Fluoride can occur naturally in source waters used for bottling or it can be added.
Now that I have explained the reason why I have one of these machines I have to tell you there is a great business opportunity in selling them.
I personally did not buy the machine because of the business but because I love the machine (now sleeping like a baby). The business is a bonus and trust me a good one.
First of all, this is not multi-level marketing MLM; it is a direct sales program with a patented compensation plan. And the great thing is with our marketing system you can do it in just a few hours a day.
Do yourself a favor and put 14 minutes aside and watch it. It could change your life for ever.
Watch this 14-Minute video of the Enagic Compensation Plan:
In this video you will discover:
1. Which Kangen machine is best for your particular situation.
2. How you can get your machine for free!
3. How to build a substantial income with Kangen water.
Enagic® International Distributor
Read more at: http://www.lifechanging-water.com/
“If you don’t do different nothing will change”
Our friend Larry Machula from Saskatoon in Canada has developed this disease.
Larry was once a vibrant, exciting, entrepreneurial personality. Larger than life, but unfortunately was struck down with this devastating disease.
Larry took up the challenge and then in turn challenged many celebrities one of which was the Rolling Stones.
Bill Wyman of the rolling stones accepted.
I then accepted the challenge of my good friend Trish from the UK.
Here are the video’s in sequence.
Bill Wyman accepting the challenge
I was unable to download the video of Trish accepting her challenge for some reason. Anyhow here is my acceptance of the challenged from her.
I will now be sending my donation direct to http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/help-larry-ride-again/194167. We are trying to raise enough money to purchase a van for Larry so that he is more mobile and of course this van will be passed on to others that are in need of such a vehicle to give them better quality of life.
This is an article from the website Inside Oblivia. I thought it was worth sharing and maybe help you get over some bumps.
Drink plenty of water.
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
Live with the 3 E’s–Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
Play more games.
Read more books than you did in 2011.
Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
Sleep for 7 hours.
Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
Dream more while you are awake.
Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
Smile and laugh more.
You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
Call your family often.
Each day give something good to others.
Forgive everyone for everything.
Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
Try to make at least three people smile each day.
What other people think of you is none of your business.
Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
Do the right thing!
Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
The best is yet to come.
Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
I read this article today which I thought was very interesting. Not sure if we change our personality that it would change our body shape as the question would be how long can you change who you are. Probably not long. Anyway here is what they had to say.
Can’t lose weight? Your personality may be to blame.
Your character may affect your weight as much as your diet does, according to a new NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON AGING study. Researchers found that impulsive people weigh about 22 pounds more than those who are cautious. Antagonistic folks gained 10 pounds more over their lifetime than did their friendlier counterparts. ( angry people tend to binge eat, previous studies have reported). Those who are conscientious weigh the least: about 8 pounds less than those who are not as dutiful. “While you can’t change your personality, you can change your eating behavior based on what you know about your personality.” says lead researcher Angelina R. Sutin, Ph.D. ” So impulsive individuals might eat less if they plan their meals in advance”