A reminder of some old remedies
A reminder of some old remedies
This is a good reminder that pressure points are able to cure many pain areas of the body and also great for youthful appearance and stress.
How often do most of us go without shoes. Maybe on the couch watching tv.
Research has found that walking bare feet has great health benefits for the body that has not been recognized.
1. Helps reduce inflammation: Experts on earthing and grounding believe that this practice can help improve circulation which means that the nutrition for your body improves and expels toxins. It has been observed that it also helps to reduce swelling.
2. Reduces Stress hormones – ‘One double-blind study that investigated the effects of earthing (going barefoot) on 58 healthy adults used conductive adhesive patches placed on the sole of each participant’s foot to read their electrical signals. The subjects were exposed to 28 minutes in the unearthed condition followed by 28 minutes with the earthing wire connected. Controls were unearthed for 56 minutes.
After earthing, about half the subjects showed “an abrupt, almost instantaneous change in root mean square (rms) values of electroencephalograms (EEGs) from the left hemisphere of the brain.” These changes are believed to signify positive changes and lower stress reactions.’ (Dr Axe).
3. Helps with sleep: – After earthing, (Barefoot) levels of cortisol are more in line with the natural rhythms of the earth and sun: There is higher cortisol early in the morning when we naturally need more to feel alert and awake, then they had lower cortisol at night-time when we need to unwind in order to fall asleep for the night.
4. Helps increase energy: – Earthing or Grounding helps fight the craving for low energy foods, sugar that result in more calories.
5. Can help lower back pain: – Research has shown that grounding the body to the earth altered measures of immune system activity and pain. Among the ungrounded men, there was an expected, sharp increase in white blood cells (sign of an inflammatory response) and greater perception of pain after exercise. Grounded men had only a slight decrease in white blood cells, indicating less inflammation and experienced shorter recovery times.
How To Start Earthing
There is nothing that beats ‘Earthing or Grounding” than simply going barefoot. The beach, mowing the lawn, climbing hills, sitting on a chair with bare feet on the ground, gardening barefoot, BBQ barefoot.
There are products that are sold that will help with earthing but none better than plain old barefoot.
There is an electrically charged bed that has been created and features silver wires that are connected to the electrical charge of the earth once plugged into an “earthing” port. They say it is almost like sleeping outside in the grass.
Anyway if you want to read more about this go to the website of DrAxe and it will be explained in detail
1. That:- Norwegians consume 9% of all Pepsi max produced
Norwegians eat the second most tacos in the world, just after Mexico
Norwegians drink the second most coffee in the world, just after USA
Norwegians read the second most comic books in the world, just after japan
There are only 5 million people in Norway
2. 69% of people in the states use the phone on the toilet.
They did research on those who did not use their phones in the toilet and the bacteria count was 30. Those who used their phone on the toilet had a bacteria count of 109,000.
A little quiet time on the loo may seem like an ideal time to check your phone and play a quick game, but this is bad behavior for two reasons. First, it spreads germs to your phone screen that follow you out and recontaminate your fingers after you wash your hands. Second, prolonged toilet sitting can contribute to hemorrhoids, an uncomfortable condition most would like to avoid. Leave your cell phone at your desk and sit on the toilet only for as long as you need to do your business.
3. Fluoride is VERY capable of damaging your brain. Over three hundred studies have found that fluoride is literally a neurotoxin! This meaning that it can and does damage our brains. Three studies were also able to link exposure to fluoride with impaired fetal brain development. This is a major health issue that should not be happening.
Curcumin has been found to reduce the effects of neurotoxicity induced by fluoride. While we know curcumin is extremely beneficial it is even more so now. This study was authored by researchers from the Department of Zoology, University College of Science, M.L. Sukhadia University. These researchers spent almost a decade investigating the ways in which fluoride induces neurodegenerative changes in the brains of mammals.
For those who are not aware, curcumin is found in Tumeric.
4. Research supports the touted benefits of going barefoot, which include improved mood and sleep and reduced inflammation and chronic pain.
5. Why Bananas are curved? – Bananas go through a unique process known as negative geotropism. Instead of continuing to grow towards the ground, they start to turn towards the sun. The fruit grows against gravity, giving the banana its familiar curved shape.
But why you say? The answer lies in the botanical history of the banana. It originated in the middle layer of the rainforest, where there is little sunlight. If the fruit were to grow towards the small amount of light that penetrates sideways through the vegetation, the plant could overbalance and topple over.
a. Honey for cuts – Its antioxidant, antibacterial properties help cleanse and heal wounds.
b. Potato peel for burns – The juices in the potato keep the burn moist. Cover with a bandage
c. Duct tape for a twisted ankle – Stabilze the ankle or wrist by wrapping the injury with thin strips of the tape.
d. Greek yogurt for a Sunburn – The lactic acid works to remove dead skin. Leave on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
e. Toothpaste for Bee Stings – The alkaline toothpaste neutralizes the acid in the bee’s venom.
Source – AARP.ORG/Bulletin
2. $457 Billion – the amount Americans spent on prescription drugs in 2015. Up 18% over previous year.
208% rise in prices – for the most popular brands of drugs from 2008 – 2016
$14.5 million median salary of a pharmaceutical firm CEO in 2015 more than any other industry.
$6.4 billion about drug companies spend advertising directly to consumers in the USA annually
$24 billion is the amount drug companies spend per year marketing to doctors
3. 62.5% – Are the number of kids who use smartphones or tablets who will get head lice within five years compared to 29% who don’t use them. Gathering around the gadgets is thought to help lice to spread.
Source – Oxford University
4. Hold hands to feel better – Partners of women in labour have normally held their hand during this process. There is now scientific proof that holding your lovers hand helps reduce the pain that they are feeling. It is to do with “interpersonal synchronization” where partners heartbeats and breathing synch during shared activities. A US study of 22 couples found that just sitting next to each other led to a physiological synch-up, but that stopped when pain appeared. If they touched hands though, the couples breathing and heart rates aligned again, and the pain reduced.
5. Apparently according to research from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson school of management in the US found that those who performed tasks in a messy environment were 28% more creative than those who did so in a tidy room