Tag Archives: Organic
Cleaning fruits and vegetables:
This is 11.5 pH Kangen Water’s greatest use: Today, pesticides are petroleum-based chemicals with high mercury residues that CANNOT be washed off by tap water. On the contrary, when washed with tap water, loaded with chlorine and fluoride, the pesticide will actually ABSORB the chlorine and fluoride INTO the fruit or vegetable. Testing your water for chlorine and fluoride before and after washing your fruits and vegetables can prove this. After washing your fruits and vegetables, your tap water will be TOTALLY free of chlorine and fluoride. Where did it go? It went straight into the fruits and vegetables and the petroleum-based pesticide it is coated with. Take 11.5 pH Super Kangen Water® and literally watch the petroleum-based residue drip right off. Try this experiment at home. Take 11.5 pH Strong Kangen Water® and submerge a bunch of cherry tomatoes in it. Also take tap water and do the same thing. Wait 15 minutes and take the tomatoes out of both waters. Your 11.5 pH water will be filthy dirty with the pesticide residues and your tap water will be as clean as a whistle… MINUS THE CHLORINE AND FLUORIDE. Your 11.5 pH washed tomatoes will taste delicious while your tap water washed tomatoes will taste awful. This alone is a reason why you should have a Kangen Water® System in your home.
Read more at: http://www.lifechanging-water.com/
If your Shampoo has the words “Organic” on the label chances are it means nothing. There is no formal definition for that word within the cometic industry like there is in the Food industry. Food companies using U.S. certified organic labels must prove their products are at least 95% organic.
Some products may include a few organic ingredients along with several chemical ones — and still claim to be natural or organic on the label.
George Washington did not know dinosaurs existed as he died in 1799 and dinosaurs were not proven to exist till 1841. Before that time all the fossilized bones found were thought to be extinct giant humans.
In the mid 1960’s Slumber party Barbie came with a book called “How to lose Weight” one of the tips was “Dont Eat”
Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi of Libya infatuated with Ms Rice! In Qaddafi’s compound Libyan rebels found a photo album filled with pictures of Condoleezza Rice.
I love her very much,” Colonel Qaddafi, told Al Jazeera in 2007, calling her his “darling black African woman.” When Ms. Rice visited her suitor in 2008, back during the brief period when Colonel Qaddafi was in good graces with the United States, the Libyan dictator put his hand against his heart in greeting.
Yields: 8 cups
1 large glass/metal jar or bowl that has a wide opening. You want to avoid using a plastic jar or bowl because the chemicals in the plastic can leach into the kombucha during the fermentation period. It’s also possible that ceramic pots might cause lead to leach into the kombucha once the acid comes into contact with the ceramic glaze. Look for a big metal or glass jug/jar/bowl online or in large kitchen stores, and make sure the opening is wide enough to allow a lot of oxygen to reach the kombucha while it ferments.
1 large piece of cloth or dish towel to secure around the opening of the jar with a rubber band. It’s not recommended to use a cheese cloth since this allows particles to pass through. You can even try using an old thin cotton t-shirt or some simple cotton fabric from any textile store.
1 SCOBY disk. You will need to purchase a “SCOBY” disk and can find one either in health food stores or online at very inexpensive prices. A SCOBY disk can be vacuumed-sealed in a small pouch and shipped directly to your house for only a few dollars, while still preserving all of the active yeast ingredients.
8 cups of water (preferably filtered, but people who use tap water feel this works fine too). Some prefer using distilled water which will contain less contaminants or metals than tap water will. Distilled water is inexpensive (only like 88 cents a gallon) and can be found at most large drug or convenience stores.
1/2 cup organic cane sugar or honey. When it comes to sugar substitutions, some feel that it’s not a good idea to substitute cane sugar for another kind of sugar, honey, stevia or anything else. On the other hand some people have reported making kombucha successfully with raw honey. The quality of the sugar is important in order to avoid contaminants, so look for organic sugar. Yes, this is one of the few times we’ll tell you to use real sugar! Most of it is actually “eaten” by the yeast during the fermentation process, so there is very little sugar actually left in the recipe by the time you consume it.
4 black tea bags (preferably organic which some people have reported works better). Some people also like to use green tea, although black tea is the kind used traditionally in most cases.
1 cup of pre-made kombucha, which you can either buy or use from a previous kombucha batch that you or a friend made.
1. Bring your water to boil in a big pot on the stovetop. Once boiling, remove from the heat and add your teabags and sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
2. Allow the pot to sit and the tea to steep for about 15 minutes, then remove and discard tea bags.
3. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature (which usually takes about one hour). Once it’s cooled, add your tea mixture to your big jar/bowl. Drop in your SCOBY disk and 1 cup of pre-made kombucha.
4. Cover your jar/bowl with your cloth or thin kitchen towel, and try to keep the cloth in place by using a rubber hand or some sort of tie. You want the cloth to cover the wide opening of the jar and stay in place, but be thin enough to allow air to pass through.
5. Allow the kombucha to sit for 7–10 days depending on the flavor you’re looking for. Less time produces a weaker kombucha that tastes less sour, while a longer sitting time makes the kombucha ferment even longer and develop more taste. Some people have reported fermenting kombucha for up to a month with great results, so taste test the batch every couple of days to see if its reached the right taste and level of carbonation you’re looking for.
There is now great concern over the overuse of antibiotics on animals such as pork, beef, and chicken also Turkey.
Today, most meat sold in the US (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc.) is raised in a CAFO.
It’s a corporate-controlled system characterized by large-scale, centralized, low profit-margin production, processing, and distribution systems, built around efficiency — producing more for less.
There has been an emergence of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (LA-MRSA) which has been affecting babies and other diseases in adult humans
In other words to be safe it may need you to change your shopping habits when buying food products for your family especially if you are pregnant.
Organic, grass-fed, and finished meat that is humanely raised and butchered is really about the only type of meat that is healthy to eat.
So when looking for antibiotic-free meat, it’s best to familiarize yourself with the various labels currently in use, as some are useful, while others can be downright deceptive
If you go to The FoodRoutes site “Find Good Food” map can help you connect with local farmers to find the freshest, tastiest food possible. On their interactive map, you can find a listing for local farmers, CSA’s, and markets near you.
This is a chart from the site of Dr Mercola
No Sugar, No Grains, Easy and Amazing Banana Bread
source Kelly Bagnasco
4 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup coconut oil or grass-fed butter, melted
4 free-range eggs
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup organic coconut flour (do not substitute another flour – it will not work)
1 heaping tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, slivered almonds, raisins, etc.
Mix and Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
1. Sandflies are attracted to dark colors? To keep bites at bay this summer wear light colored clothing, avoid sweet smelling body products and use insect repellent – especially around the ankles as they sart their attack at ground level.
2. Massoud Hassani, a product designer from Afghanistan, built (by hand) a wind-powered device that trips land mines as it rolls across the ground. It is made using bamboo and biodegradable products.
Many of these mines are active and near populated areas in countries like Afghanistan and are hard to remove. The UN says that one mine clearance specialist is killed, and two injured, for every 5,000 mines cleared.
Hassani’s cheap and easy to make method has been achieving great results.
3. If you use a tiny dab of hand sanitiser on a tissue or make up remover pad it will clean all your electronic screens – phone, IPad, and computor
4. There are two levels of Organic – 95% organic ingredients are identified by the words ‘Certified Organic’ and 70% organic ingredients is identified by the words ‘Made with organic ingredients’
5. If your mobile phone is practically glued to your hand beware of ‘Text neck’ . Looking down at a screen for long periods can cause postural changes that affect the neck and spine, which can lead to nerve damage, muscle spasms and pain.
6. To get garlic smells off your hands, rub the with a stainless steel spoon under cold running water.