I got these recipe’s from the Dr Oz show. I did not get the qualities accurately so its a bit of a guess.
1 tsp Flax seed
1 tsp Wheat germ
1/2 cup Yogurt,
1/4 cup Spinach
1/4 cup Orange juice
1/4 cup Strawberries
1 tbs Avocado
1/4 cup Almonds
cup Vanilla Almond Milk
tsp Dark Cocoa Powder
Start to the Day
1/4 cup Jicama
1/4 cup Banana
1/4 cup Pineapple
1/2 cup Almond Milk
tbs Rolled oats
1 cup Yogurt
1/2 lime juice
Honey Dew Melon
1. That you could do this with an orange.
2. The simplest way to slice a bunch of cherry tomatoes is to sandwich them between two plastic lids and run a long knife through all of them at once!
3. To Keep brown sugar soft by storing with a couple of marshmallows
4. If you Install a regular coat rack low down the wall to store shoes safely off the floor
5. If You Use a magnetic strip to store hair pins on inside of a cupboard.
6. If you Use a Post-It note when drilling to catch the dust
Why drink infused waters?
1. Green tea, mint, and lime–For fat burning, digestion, headaches, congestion and breath freshener.
2. Strawberry and kiwi–For cardiovascular health, immune system protection, blood sugar regulation, digestion.
3. Cucumber, lime, and lemon–For water weight management, bloating, appetite control, hydration, digestion.
4. Lemon, lime, and orange–For digestion vitamin C, immune defense, heartburn, (Drink this one at room temperature)
Infused waters are good for detoxification energy and hydration. Put as much fruit in water as you like and let the water sit for at least 30 minutes before drinking.
I love these drinks in the heat of summer, they are very refreshing
I know we always think of fruit drinks as being very healthy for us. Well they are if you basically pick them from the tree or vine, pop them in a juicer and then drink up. As most nutritionists will tell you that the vitamins decrease rapidly once a fruit or vegetable has been picked. Carrots are a good example. The minute you juice carrots or for that matter any fruit the vitamin C will deteriorate rapidly.
When we buy fruit juice it really is at a state where nutritionally it is pretty barren. I use it, especially orange juice, as a carrier for my Spirulina, blueberry and banana drink or another drink for digestion that my husband calls the ‘Sawdust’ drink (Napolina).
What we are drinking is a lot of sugar in the form of fructose which is not that healthy for us and a lot of empty calories.
Here is an info-graphic detail of what I am talking about. I found it quite enlightening and I am sure you will be made aware of some facts and figures that may change the way you look at the fruit juices we buy.