Buy reconditioned products – The meaning of this is the product has been returned to the factory where it was inspected and refurbished to working order. You may need to ignore the scratches and make sure that it comes with a warranty. An example is say a cordless drill that goes for $238 new can be brought refurbished for $157 – Saving $81
Make your own salad dressing – A store-bought salad dressing can cost about $3 or more. Make your own.
A vinaigrette dressing is :- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup of olive oil and pepper to taste. Put in a nice container and shake before using. Save about $1.50 a week if you eat salad most days (half a bottle) – Saving around $75 a year
- The Slave-Maker ant is so named because it raids the nest of other ants and steals their pupae. Once the pupae hatch, they are made to work as slaves.
2. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad in first class.
Northwest Airlines saved $500000 per year by cutting its limes.
3. The original name of Bank of America was Bank of Italy.
The Bank of Italy was founded in San Francisco, California, United States, on October 17, 1904  by Amadeo Giannini. It grew by a branch banking strategy to become the Bank of America, the world’s largest commercial bank, with 493 branches in California and assets of $5 billion in 1945
4. Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England, but only in tropical fish stores.
Weird but true – Liverpudlian bylaw which prohibits women going topless unless they work in a tropical fish store.
5. Thomas Edison designed a helicopter that would work with gunpowder. It ended up blowing up and also blew up his factory.
Had a collection of over 5,000 birds
The light bulb inventor, was afraid of the dark.
The first major invention was the quadruplex telegraph
As a boy, Thomas Edison suffered a permanent hearing loss from head injury
A person sneezing was the first action caught on video by Thomas Edison
I tape Dr Oz every day of the week. Sometimes its a little Ho Hum, but today, very informative I thought. It was a subject dear to my thighs and ass, especially for those of us that venture to the beach or to the pool in our swimmers, be it a one piece or bikini.
Cellulite reduction therapies that you can do at home. (He had the real life photo’s to prove it).
The first one.
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup sea salt (coarse stuff)
1/2 cup seaweed powder (I am sure you can get this at a drug store or health food shop)
Stir the mixture which becomes a green color.
Rub this on the areas most needed, morning or night or both. I would use one of those rough hand gloves you get for the shower. Leave it on for a minute or so then shower it off.
Apparently it is a little messy but worth it, so in the shower or bath area is probably a good idea.
Option No two.
1/2 a cup three times a day. Suggested ways:
1. Cottage cheese, pineapple and cinnamon for breakfast
2. Cucumber, pineapple, sprinkle with lemon and chili powder maybe for lunch.
3. Tuna, pineapple, onion as a snack.
They also suggested you could take a supplement called Bromelain. Bromelain is an extract derived from the stems of pineapples.
So if you can’t handle all that pineapple you could use the supplement.
Go Get it Girls
I assume what they say is true, if so a doughnut once in a while can’t do too much damage. My favorite doughnut is a jam doughnut especially warm and fresh.
1. Half an Avocado – Glazed doughnut has 14 grams of fat. Half an avocado has 15 grams of fat. In avocado, 10 of those grams are monounsaturated fats, which improve cholesterol levels.
I am not sure about this one as I eat half an avocado a day and don’t see any improvement. They may also prevent the accumulation of belly fat, according to a study published in Diabetes Care.
2. Two tablespoons of peanut butter – 16 grams of fat, about half of which is monounsaturated.
3. One Ounce Unsweetened Dried Coconut – 18 grams of fat. But new research suggests there’s a place in healthy diets for saturated fats. You definitely don’t want to go overboard with dried coconut as they are saturated fats.
4. 3 Large Eggs – You’ll get just more than 14 grams of fat from a breakfast that includes three eggs. The fat content breaks down fairly evenly between saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fats.
5. 12 Olives – 15 grams of fat, the vast majority of which is monounsaturated. Olives like all of the above offer more nutrients than a doughnut.
It seems to be, what ever tastes soooooooo good seems to ‘Not be good for you’. You can be sure one doughnut is not going to put you into deadly heart attack spin so one every now and then has to be good for the soul. Well that is my opinion.
Avocado salad dressing to replace ranch!
1 large avocado, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 3/4 teaspoon salt. Enjoy!