1.Cost Estimator: Repairpal.com gives free quotes for car repairs and recommends competent repair shops.
2. The cheapest gas day of the week: In 29 States in the US are to be bought on Monday according to GasBuddy.com You can save up to $30 a year.
3. Older driver course: AARP offers a driver course and you may save about $100 per year on your car insurance. I notice Whitefish High school does as well.
4. Outside airport for Car Rentals: Choose a location near the airport for a rental car. Not at the Airport. Go to Autoslash.com to track your reservation and apply deals and coupons
5. Humanesociety.org – For a list of programs offering assistance with pet expenses. Search for “affording your pet” on the site
1. Hire a Haggler – Companies such as BillFixers and Shrinkabill will haggle with your cable TV company or other service providers for one-third to half of your first year savings. BillFixers claims it saves clients an average of $300 per year.
2. Become a YouTube handy man – I have friends that use this all the time. The video’s show you how to fix the latch spring on your microwave door and that cold save you $150. It can be used for many household repairs. How and when to plant trees and that could save you killing your very expensive tree. (I have been known to do this).
3. Take a Driving class – Some insurers can offer up to 15% off for older drivers who take an online safety course – that’s up to $675 over three years on a typical policy. Drive-Safely is one of the online sites