LoL. I think there is always one child in the family that feels about vegetables like these kids. My hate was silver beet which is a horror veggie that anyone born in NZ will know.
Tag Archives: NZ
In NZ they call them Kumera’s
This was sent by my Greeny friend Julie from NZ
I am an Australian resident, NZ born. I live 6 months of the year in Texas as that is where I do business.
I watch different political video’s from time to time but do not invade your space by showing them on my blog. This case is different. I have to be honest I am a Trump supporter (More than I can say for the Republican Congress) so you could say I am a little one sided but this young man is saying exactly what I believe but he does it better than me. He is a registered Democrat (just thought I would mention that)
I listen to the media over here in Australia and they are forever making fun and criticizing the President. I have not heard one positive thing from the media here. Shame on them. Cause they are only repeating what they want to hear not the truth. Anyway instead of me babbling on just take 15 minutes of your time to just listen. Think about what he has to say because he is our next generation and they should be heard.
Because ” If we don’t do different nothing will change”
Halal Labeled Food Products
Many Australians are finding this process offensive and I am sure, be causing products to be more expensive because of the process below. Many are making a choice to avoid buying anything with this label on it but obviously it is getting harder to do so.
Personally, I also find it offensive that I have this label on my food products. I am able to have this opinion because I was born in NZ and an Australian resident and live part of the year in USA and I am a ‘Woman’. I have the pleasure of these rights in all three countries.
Many young Men and Women have died to keep these rights for us so I choose to honor them.
This is an extract from Australian food and Grocery Council
Many Australian food manufacturers seek Halal certification of their facilities and processes, in order to label their products as Halal and ensure they are able to be enjoyed by Muslim consumers. In the same way that food labeled as vegan or gluten-free is suitable for consumption by a broad range of consumers, Halal certified foods are commonly enjoyed by non-Muslims.
For a product to be Halal, it must be as a whole, and in part:
1.free from any substance taken or extracted from a Haram animal or ingredient (e.g. pigs, dogs, carnivorous animals, animals not slaughtered in compliance with Islamic rites);
2. made, processed, manufactured and/or stored by using utensils, equipment and/or machinery that has been cleaned according to Islamic law (e.g. not cleaned with alcohol); and
3.free from contact with, or being close to, a Haram substance during preparation, manufacture, processing and storage (e.g. blood, alcohol, poisonous and intoxicating plants and insects such as worms and cockroaches).
Many foods and drinks, particularly those that do not contain meat or alcohol, are inherently compliant with Halal criteria. Official certification, which may be granted by accredited religious authorities in Australia, any claim of certification is however required before products are able to be labelled as such.
1. Japan has the longest life expectancy in the world – 78.5 for Men and 85.5 for Women. This is mainly attributed to their traditional diet of fish, sea vegetables, rice and non genetically modified soy.
2. The intestine replaces its lining every 72 hours. The digestion system uses more energy that any other physiological process in the body so you need to consider the nutritional value of all that we eat.
3. Staying awake for over 17 hours impairs your brain functioning which is the same amount as having a blood alcohol content of .05%
4. Americans on average spend 5c per day flushing their toilets. (How interesting)
5. The Americans in 1962 blew up a hydrogen bomb in space that was 100 times more powerful than Hiroshima. This I know to be true as I was living in NZ at the time and it lit the sky up something fearful to say the least.
6. Einstein’s eyes are in a safe box in NYC. Have no idea why but maybe they will use the cells from his eyes one day for transplant. Who Knows.