Tag Archives: music
- According to the University of Manchester in the UK, loud music can make you feel happier. Be careful though they say, ‘too loud may risk permanent hearing damage’. I believe this survey to be true as I go into my ‘happy place’ when I put my ear buds in and listen to my music which I have to say is rather loud.
2. Good news for chocolate lovers. A British medical review of research on 114,000 people found that those who ate the most chocolate had a 37 percent decreased risk of developing heart disease and 29 percent decreased risk of suffering a stroke compared to those who ate less or abstained completely. 70% cacao is supposed to be the best for your health.
3. There is a way to outsmart a habit – US scientists say that up to 40% of your daily actions are actually habits formed over the years. It is basically your brains way of conserving effort or discomfort. However you can outsmart them by trading an old habit for a new one such as replacing a sugar fix with a walk. Replacing a cigarette for a piece of chewing gum or maybe go work in the garden. It helps the brain believe you can change
4. I read this on the packet of Dr Sheffields toothpaste – Dr Sheffield was the inventor of toothpaste in a tube since 1850.
FLUORIDE IS A DRUG THAT CAN BE ACUTELY TOXIC IF SWALLOWED IN LARGE AMOUNTS.
You may know that fluoride can be found in your drinking water; however, you may not know that it is also in many processed beverages and foods containing water. Including juice, beer and even your morning cup of coffee. Currently, over 200 million American’s are dosed daily with fluoride making it the most widely distributed drug in America.
A SIMPLE CHOICE:
Did you know that the mucous membranes in the mouth allow chemicals to pass directly into the blood stream where they can accumulate into toxic levels.
Most of us in the modern chemical based world are constantly exposed to all sorts of toxic substances in the air we breathe, in the water we drink (Plug for Kangen water) , and in the food we eat. We should strive to eliminate any source of contamination that we can, and try to stay as toxin free as possible. We may not be able to control everything, but we can control what we choose to place in our mouth and the mouths of our children.
You can only buy this at a CVS store in America. Sorry everyone else, but there are other brands that do not have fluoride in their toothpaste
5. The queen broke with protocol and allowed her troops to play the US national anthem for the first time ever during the changing of the guard ceremony as a tribute to the 9/11 victims and the Americans in England who were unable to return home.
- Growing plants at your desk could boost productivity by 15 percent according to researchers at the University of Queensland. Greenery also improves levels of happiness and a feeling of consecutiveness
2. Watching cute video’s of baby animals like kittens during working hours boosts concentration and productivity by up to 44 percent according to researchers of Hiroshima University in Japan. Hey you might even get a raise.
3. Color your world. Decorate your office surroundings with color such as red which can increase your attention to detail. Blue – well that can spark creativity. This is a study done by the University of British Columbia in Canada.
4. Walking – Billionaire Richard Branson a person whom I admire is known for his walking meetings. Research done by the Stanford University in the US shows that a leisurely stroll can boost your creativity by about 60%.
5. The Kind of music listen to – A Study from Fu Jen Catholic University in Taiwan discovered music with lyrics can reduce a person’s ability to focus. The research from Canada’s University of Windsor found that background the background music can assist with repetitive tasks in particular.
1. If you put a dry tea bag in your pair os shoes that don’t smell too good it will help to absorb that not so nice smell. If you sprinkle baking soda inside the shoe that also is of great benefit to get rid of that smell.
For more ideas go to Natural Remedy ideas
2. This is a good suggestion when applying for a job: Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Make sure your shoes are clean and nice in appearance.
As they say “shoes speak louder than words”
3. Laughter helps to destroy tumor cells and reduce risk of cancer by 25%.
Laughter is a physical reaction in humans and some other species of primate, consisting typically of rhythmical, often audible contractions of the diaphragm and other parts of the respiratory system. It is a response to certain external or internal stimuli.
Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Laughter the best medicine
4. Music is one of the few activities in life that involve using the whole brain.
Finnish researchers have developed a groundbreaking new method that allows to study how the brain processes different aspects of music, such as rhythm, tonality and timbre (sound color) in a realistic listening situation. The study is pioneering in that it for the first time reveals how wide networks in the brain, including areas responsible for motor actions, emotions, and creativity, are activated during music listening. The new method helps us understand better the complex dynamics of brain networks and the way music affects us.
More info on this subject
5.Thomas Jefferson wrote in an 1816 letter to John Taylor that ‘the banking system of the US Government could potentially destroy ‘all our constitutions’, was already corrupt, was sweeping away in its progress the fortunes and morals of our citizens, would swindle future generations to acquire its funding and that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies’ . I think that guy had great foresight in my opinion.
6. Interactive ‘Murder Map’ pinpoints all homicide locations in London since 1811
A project, founded by Peter Stubley, aims to create a comprehensive portrayal of homicide in London.
The murderous database uses information released by the Metropolitan Police, the Crown Prosecution Service alongside media coverage and court records to show slayings by knife crime, gun crime, bombings and poison, among other causes.
1. Anybody that takes Vitamin C should avoid the following Soft drinks: Sunkist, Fanta, Diet Coke, Sprite, & Pepsi Max.
These drinks contain Sodium Benzoate 211 on the label. A chemical reaction between Vitamin C and Sodium Benzoate creates Benzine a highly carcinogenic chemical.
Benzine has the ability to severely damage the DNA in the Mitochondria to the point that it totally inactivates it, knocks it out altogether. The Mitochondria consumes Oxygen to give you energy, and if you damage it, then the cell starts to malfunction very seriously, often fatally, a whole array of Diseases has been tied to the damage to the DNA, including Parkinson’s Disease and quite a lot of neurodegenerative Diseases. For more on this story go to the source below.
Source: Wakeup World
2. Dogs can remember things that happen when they were not paying attention. New evidence suggests that like humans, dogs have episodic memory which lets you remember specific events from your life by absorbing them as they occur, even when they don’t seem relevant. This trait is linked to self-awareness, and scientists used to think it only evolved in primates.
“Dogs probably pay more attention to us than we think and observe us more than we think,” explained by the lead author Claudia Fugazza, an ethnologist at the University of Eotvos Lorand in Budapest.
Your brain is wired to respond to music, even when you are not really listening to it. A recent study showed that even when highly focused and distracted by another task, Peoples pupils dilated in reaction to patterns of strong and weak beat omissions, suggesting we have an inherent sense for expectation of rhythm.
Hippopotamuses are considered to be the most dangerous animals in Africa. Though they are herbivores, hippos are aggressively territorial and kill thousands of humans every year because despite weighing nearly 10,000 pounds a hippo can run 19 mph – almost twice the speed of an average human
There is a song that is been proven to reduce anxiety by 65%. It is called weightless by Macaroni Union and it was specifically designed to slow your heart rate, reduce blood pressure, and lower cortisol levels. It is so effective that it is dangerous to drive while listening to it because it can make you drowsy
3. There is a site on the internet that if you want to find music and don’t know the name of the song or music, you can sing it or hum it and it will find it for you. It is called Midomi.com
4. In the late 1800s it is reported that Old Faithful in Yellow Stone National Park served as a laundromat of sorts for explorers and infantryman. They reportedly placed soiled garments in a quiet geyser that were then ejected clean and warm. They left out woolens, which apparently didn’t handle the rough washing well.
5. Sisters of the Valley are an order of Non – Denominational Nuns. Voted to the healing power of many plants one of them being Marijuana.
Based in California’s Central Valley, The Sisters of the Valley are not affiliated with any traditional earthly religion. The Sisters’ spiritual practices support the process of making medicine. We respect the breadth and depth of the gifts of Mother Earth, working to bridge the gap between Her and her suffering people.
“We, The Sisters prepare all medicines during moon cycles, according to ancient wisdom. We are activists who are on a mission to heal the world”.
Rather interesting video. Should watch it.
- There are more than 600 million telephone lines, yet almost half the world’s population has never made a phone call on a land line. However, many more have made a cell phone call; there are some 4 billion cell phones in use.
2. More personal telephone calls are made on Mother’s Day in the USA than on any other day in any other country.Most reverse charge calls takes place on Father’s Day. I guess Dad is the soft touch.
3. The world average of egg consumption per capita is 230.
In the US, about 280 million turkeys are sold for the Thanksgiving celebrations.
4. 37 percent increase in activity of natural killer cells (immune system) after women spent a few hours walking in the woods according to a Japanese study. Plus the boost lasted for over a week. America spends 37 billion on supplements each year so to remain healthy it seems like a walk in the park is the best solution.
- akousticophobia is the fear of noises
- Melophobia is the fear of music
- Lion’s can’t roar until the age of 2