How Beautiful is that. A Dad every mother wants for her baby.
Tag Archives: Mother
How Beautiful is that. A Dad every mother wants for her baby.
Too much sitting doesn’t just put you at risk for bulging disc and tension headaches — it’s now considered as dangerous as smoking. You maybe able to avoid health problems because of too much sitting by exercising one hour a day.
Researchers found that at least an hour of moderate-level physical activity a day (things like cycling at about 10 mph or brisk walking) could cancel out the increased risk of death associated with a sedentary lifestyle.
Too much sitting is now linked to a host of diseases, including diabetes, certain cancers and heart disease. And get this: They now know about 300,000 cases of dementia could be prevented each year if everyone lived physically active lives.
I agree as I have seen my Mothers health deteriorate in a year, after she stopped going for walks each day. My Mother now sadly suffers from Dementure. Which trust me is very hard to watch.
Study suggests the World Health Organization’s guidelines of 150 minutes of physical activity per week is simply not enough for office workers or others who are chronic sitters.
Four Marines were Shot and Killed yesterday
By a 24 year old terrorist in a cold and brutal way
How stupid is the law that no marine on base can carry a gun
No way to protect themselves from all that training done
Many have been killed in this type of situation before
Would not common sense tell you in todays time, more was in store
A Mother and Father, Wife and siblings will be feeling such unmentionable sorry
For those Four Marines there will be no hugs or smiles there will be no tomorrow
I am lost to understand these needless deaths from those that have such crazy evil intent
Is it not payback time, show our intolerance, the anger we must vent
We let this culture come into the country, they sift among us as a stool pigeon
We are told to be politically correct, we are forced to accept their religion
I feel grief for those who lost their loved ones. It won’t be the last there will be more
For goodness sake Mr President get angry, show some remorse, show you care some for those four
For these next few days and for evermore these boys family will realize it is the end
So Mr President I hope you enjoy your father and daughter weekend
2. Place a wooden spoon over a pan to stop the water from boiling over. This is so good as I am always putting something to boil on the stove, work on my computer then forget about it and end up with a mess because I had forgotten about it
3. Wrap rubber bands around the ends of a coat hanger to prevent dresses from slipping off.
4. Yet another use for drinks can ring-pulls! Use to create a hanging loop for picture frames by screwing into the back.
5. Use egg boxes to store delicate Christmas tree decorations
No it’s not what you think. We are talking the healthy ones that may save you from having to take the prescribed stuff.
1. Coriander: A great chelation herb. It helps the body detoxify heavy metals and supports the liver.
2. Sheep’s Sorrel: Awesome for healing from cancer. This is a diuretic, and so removes excess fluid from the body. It also is a tonic for the kidneys and Urinary tract. The bite-sized leaves are rich in vitamin C and have a delicious sour lemon taste. (well I guess some people would call it delicious)
3. Rosemary: Contains caffeic acid and rosmarinic acid, two potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatories, as well as vitamin E. Rosemary is great added to a marinade for barbecued meat and helps reduce carcinogens.
4. Mint: Now this, I love I put it in all sorts of things. In the summer I put it in a jug of cold water with slices of lemons for a very refreshing drink. It is great for the digestion and freshening the breath. It’s easy to grow in a pot or the garden although it could take over the garden.
5. Basil: This again I use a lot of in my cooking. It also contains essential oils which are antioxidant, anti inflammatory, and anti bacterial. It is also said that it contains an excellent source of Iron and vitamin A.
6. Parsley: This again can be used in many forms. I love it in scrambled eggs and in my salad. Parsley also supports immunity, flushes, excess fluid from the cody, helps to heal the nervous system and assists in strengthening your bones.
7. Sage: This I don’t use as much as it does have a strong flavor. On the other hand it is believed to be an anti-hypertensive, anti-diabetic, anti inflammatory, and antimicrobial and and a blood cleanser. It has also been said to help pre end Alzheimer’s disease.
10. Herb Robert: I personally have not heard of it until now. This is supposed to increase the immune response and the body’s ability to regenerate, and also has a unique ability to oxygenate cells, making it excellent for anyone healing from cancer.
Back online again. I am in Australia at the moment visiting my Grandkids and doing a bit of business.
I looked after my 95 year old Mother in NZ for two months while my brother was in Europe.
I had a good time with my Mother but I especially have a good time with her dog ‘Charlie’.
Every morning I would take Charlie round the township of Omokoroa (NZ). It was quite some walk and I was surprised how those little legs kept up. Some days she was up to it, some not so energetic but always with the rattle of the dog lead she would come running.
Here are some pictures of one of the walks we did. As you will see it is a spectacular walk with lots of greenery and lovely flowers, beach, and bush.
I miss her.
Are we done yet?
Mother Nature’s Fury
Author: Lesley Voth
Because we don’t always know Mother Natures mood
We have no way to predict who she will affect or who she will exclude
The tornado she blasted across Moore, Oklahoma
A trail of destruction, some deaths, injuries, most in a coma
A coma of disbelief of how it had destroyed their home
looking like a pile of firewood, just rubble left for them to comb
Only took minutes for it to sweep across the town and destroy
Bring mourning for some families, for others, relief and sheer joy
It has brought neighbours and friends and the unknown together
They will all need our help and donations, your assistance in good and bad weather
Remember our lives are fragile, like some, can be whisked away like a feather
The power of Mother nature is an example of judge and jury
You cannot fight the force of Mother Natures Fury
When I saw this picture, immediately I saw the power in it. I was not a perfect Mother, I am sure there is none that exists, but we do the best we know how or we love by the examples we have been shown. I remember a program on TV one day; I think it may have been on the Oprah Show, about how when you walk in the room a child will look at your face to see what greeting he or she will get. That has always stuck in my mind so I make sure my face says to my grandchildren when I greet them, how I am so happy to see them.
It is not always parents that we can learn from. As a child I was brought up in a very strict, firm environment. We knew our parents loved us but they did not actively show it by loving words or physical affection. The love was shown mainly in the way we were disciplined. I learnt to physically show love to my kids in the way of hugs and telling them I loved them from one of my bosses. She had a souvenir business that I managed part-time and she brought her children to work with her every day right from the time she left the hospital. Those children were smothered with hugs and kisses every day, which was, I guess fascinating and surprising to me. It was beautiful, from then I decided that, that is what I would do with my children.
My son shows the same affection to his children. For me, the big brute still give me a hug and kiss on the forehead at the age of 40 for no reason just to say they love me. To me that is beautiful.
So when I saw this picture it made me sad because I have seen examples of it and sometimes parents don’t even realize what they are doing to a beautiful soul.